Story path/direction in relation to K1

What do you think of K2's story in relation to K1?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of K2's story in relation to K1?

• I like the new depth it has to Revan, the Force, etc.
    • Overall I like it but there are a couple of weird story elements
    • Good effort but twists the original story too much
    • Null - never cared about the story.
    • They should've left Revan/Bastila (or Revan/Carth) live happily ever after
    • Making Revan some sort of greater good Sith was stupid
    • They've ruined K1 for me now...just doesn't feel the same
    • I'll just ignore what happens in K2, or, they should've based it on something independent of K1 (cameo's allowed)
    • (Extreme) I wish I never played K2
    • Other

I think the story of K2 should have continued more along the lines of Star Wars tradition and have the story Focus on one person not two.

In the OT the focus was on Luke, and in the PT the focus was with Anakin

So in KoTOR trilogy(if there is another one) the main focus should stay wih Revan

I was dishearted by the fact that K2 concentrated on a new jedi, while the story of Revan was pretty much left unanswered.

If it was me I would have Started K2 with Revan at Peragus instead of the exile.

So in KoTOR trilogy(if there is another one) the main focus should stay wih Revan

I was dishearted by the fact that K2 concentrated on a new jedi, while the story of Revan was pretty much left unanswered.

If it was me I would have Started K2 with Revan at Peragus instead of the exile.

Yes, focus should have stayed with Revan. The Exiles history and story was a little strange/sketchy, but since they have also left his story somewhat open, they must include both the characters. I said before that a two sided storyline would be cool. (One Revan, One Exile), with different quests for each one, but both have one main goal. Even a dual PC would be an interesting idea. Anything is possible at this point...

Edited by Akhan225

Yes, focus should have stayed with Revan. The Exiles history and story was a little strange/sketchy, but since they have also left his story somewhat open, they must include both the characters. I said before that a two sided storyline would be cool. (One Revan, One Exile), with different quests for each one, but both have one main goal. Even a dual PC would be an interesting idea. Anything is possible at this point...

I think obsidian have a role for the exile and obviously the paths of the exile and revan will cross. The exile must be important in some way. Its easy to trash a plot that is unfinished (no pun intended :lol: i meant trilogy) when you don't know whats the importance of a person or thing. The best example of this was palpatine :- or even R2-D2 to some extent

To me it seemed that the Exile was Revan's right hand man/woman. The Exile was left with the important task of dealing out the final battle of Malachor. Something  like this should be explained in better detail.

yea it really should be but do you agree that the exile will be integral to the kotor future?

To me it seemed that the Exile was Revan's right hand man/woman. The Exile was left with the important task of dealing out the final battle of Malachor. Something  like this should be explained in better detail.

yea it really should be but do you agree that the exile will be integral to the kotor future?

Yes. Or atleast I do. The Exile traveled to the Unknown Regions after Revan if the Exile was lightside.

Yeah, and what about Atris? is she a good guy or a bad guy? Brianna? Is she going to take over the Jedi school on Telos or what? Visas? Strong in the Force is she...what of her story? Have we really seen the last of Darth Ni? I hope not...he had some real potential.

The point is that there are so many things from both Revan's story and the Exile's story that need to be resolved that I just think it might be best to let the new comic series wrap it all up. I really don't think a video game can wrap all of this up in a satisfying way. A comic series, however, could do it without any problem.

The more I think about it the more I think K3 will have a totally new storyline.

Have we really seen the last of Darth Ni?
I hope yes. I really hate these "resurrecting the villains" stories. The reborn Palpatine stories were probably the lamest of the EU, save only stories made for quick cash (like Jedi Academy, I apologize if I offended anyone).
Yeah, and what about Atris? is she a good guy or a bad guy?
For the starters, she isn't a guy :wub:. (Well, maybe he is, we'll never know.) If you look into her .utc file, you will notice the game treats her as a darksider during all your encounters with her. Besides, Kreia repeatenedly stated that Atris was already corrupt before you met her on Telos, and she, Kreia, simply stripped away her image of a good-intending Jedi, the image Atris herself constructed and believed in.
Brianna? Is she going to take over the Jedi school on Telos or what?
We don't know. We only know she will take Atris' role as a historian, but from what we know, the new Jedi could reside on Dantooine or even Coruscant. I doubt Brianna will want to return to Telos, of which she has such dark memories.
Visas? Strong in the Force is she...what of her story?
Hidden from my eyes, Visas' ways are. Visit Katarr she will, finally see what meant to see she was, she will. Besides that, know I do not. However, that ultimately a Jedi become she will, I think.
The more I think about it the more I think K3 will have a totally new storyline.
Well, not totally new... I think it will differ from both previous games like the second game differed from the first. Honestly, how many of you expected that its story would be so loosely tied to the Revan vs. Malak story? For this reason, I doubt we'll see much of Revan and Exile and the Unknown Regions. And I don't really want to see much. I want to see the development of a new strong personality.

The point is that there are so many things from both Revan's story and the Exile's story that need to be resolved that I just think it might be best to let the new comic series wrap it all up.  I really don't think a video game can wrap all of this up in a satisfying way.  A comic series, however, could do it without any problem.

What Lucas Arts should have done is have a trilogy based on Revan and one based on the exile

K1- Mandlorian Wars(Revan)

K2- The fight against Malak

K3- Unknown Regions

K4- Battle of Malachor(Exile)

K5- Return from exile

K6- Unknown Regions

Now they could have spread this out over a number of years, and told the whole story of Revan and Exile by giving both of them a trilogy

And I know there is spelling mistakes, before the spelling Nazi's jump on my back

Edited by 25054267

What Lucas Arts should have done is have a trilogy based on Revan and one based on the exile

K1- Mandalorian Wars(Revan)

K3- Unknown Regions

K5- Return from exile

K6- Unknown Regions

Making a whole game based on 1 battle ("K4")...I don't think so.

Anyway what I want to point out again is that the Unknown Regions thing was a bad choice to take K1 from in the first place.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

K1- Mandalorian Wars(Revan)

K3- Unknown Regions

K5- Return from exile

K6- Unknown Regions

Making a whole game based on 1 battle ("K4")...I don't think so.

No it is based on the war against the Mandalorians, not just the battle at Malachor...

And aint the movies all based on or around the clone wars anyway?