Combat

Ah, yes, in the PC that would be so.

On the X-Box you only have those if you have X-Box Live...

So, since it came there first (without these crystals) and is "added content" it is discussable if it counts...

Yet it is still part of the final product, but you don't want to count it because it didn't come out the very first moment the game was released.

In that case then you have to argue that the ONLY K1 game you can discuss for the PC is the one pre-any patch made, and thus for a lot of people that means the game has always been unplayable. Of course that's nonsense since there WAS a patch, but so too is it nonsense to try and suggest that you can't "count" those crystals in any discussion on crystals in both games since they weren't included in initial release.

My game included the crystals and thus I don't know K1 any other way than with those crystals as a viable part of the game. Thus your argument is weak at best when you say that K2 had overpowered crystals (paraphrasing here, but that's the gist of what you said) and K1 didn't.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I am not talking about patches/bugfixes here... talking about "Added content"

And Yavin IV is "added content"...

It's like saying Throne of Bhaal was part of BG2 because it was in the gold edition...

And I didn't say Kotor2 had overpowered crystals. It had overpowered lightsabers.

Really; all the power of 1 Kotor1 crystal is lower than one of Kotor2's Non-Crystal parts...

And don't say Kotor1 (even with Yavin) had more powerfull crystals. These 2 didn't give the same bonus as a certain *name* crystal gives...

Like I said, I had the PC version so those crystals were not "added content" for me. You can't compare an actual EXPANSION pack to minor items that were already included in the PC version.

The crystals make the lightsaber ridiculously powerful, and that's my main point. I don't care whether the K2 ones made the lightsaber slightly more powerful or not, but the fact is your original statement is downright false.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

but those crystals were added content, because they were added to the game after the orignal version was released. if the pc version had been released at the same time as the xbox version than those crystals would not have been part of the game. they were added to the game, which is why they are only available through xbox live on the xbox version.

but the fact is your original statement is downright false.

To which statement are you referring? If it is the one where he said lightsabers in K2 are weapons of mass destruction, i partially agree with him, because there are so many upgrades that make the lightsaber better (e.g. focus lens, emitters, crystals, power cells). And about the ones in K1, i agree that they couldn't be made into amazing weapons of mass destruction, even with the "special crystals"

But (i will say it again) the true weapon of mass destruction for me was the force lightning, because you could kill everyone in a room at the same time with one shock if your character has enough wisdom. And lightsabers just can't match up to that.

Edited by Blank

but the fact is your original statement is downright false.

To which statement are you referring?

In kotor1 you did not have Lightsabers of Mass Destruction, 1 BAB per lvl, or +8 Str. objects. Nor Special Crystals giving major bonusses.

I suspect the bold one...

Yeah... so... I still agree that there aren't 'special' crystals in K1 that give major bonuses, including the downloaded content ones for the Xbox.

Like you said earlier, the *name* crystal dwarves those in comparison... well, maybe it doesn't dwarf them, i just like the sound of that phrase, but it still makes them look lackluster.

Edited by Blank

You're both actually trying to argue that those two crystals didn't end up giving the lightsaber they're equipped with insane bonuses? Seriously?

In other words, you're arguing that a lightsaber with NO crystals is just as powerful as one with one of those crystals in it?

You cannot seriously believe that.

btw, if the only crystal you deem a "special" one is the [insert character name] crystal, then forget what i stated. But if you're talking about "special" in the sense I thought you meant in terms of rare crystals, then I stand by what I said.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

well, i certainly didn't mean that a lightsaber without crystals is the same as one with crystals. but about the "special crystals", i believed we were comparing the *name* crystal in K2 to the 2 crystals in K1 that you get with the downloaded content on xbox (or it is already integrated into the pc version).

And i think all three crystals are really strong, but the idea is that in K2, not only do you have the *name* crystal and another crystal, you also have the focus lens, emitters, and power cells, which make the lightsabers ridiculously stronger than any one could be in K1, even if you had the two best crystals in the game on K1.

So i think that is what this was about..

Edited by Blank

well, i certainly didn't mean that a lightsaber without crystals is the same as one with crystals. but about the "special crystals", i believed we were comparing the *name* crystal in K2 to the 2 crystals in K1 that you get with the downloaded content on xbox (or it is already integrated into the pc version).

I quoted Battlewookie because he made it sound like only K2 had insanely powerful lightsabers due to crystals. That is false even though K1 didn't have "special" crystals (ie. a crystal named after the PC and giving the PC bonuses), the crystals in K1 DID make the lightsabers ridiculously powerful as well.

As I also stated, the MotF and HotG crystals were in the final product, so I don't see them as "added content" since I've never played a game of K1 without them.

I quoted Battlewookie because he made it sound like only K2 had insanely powerful lightsabers due to crystals.

Good, we agree now. K1's crystals can make a lightsaber in the game really powerful. the point is, K2 has much more upgrades. so other than two crystals, it has three other parts to upgrade. and those can get really good stats for your lightsaber.

therefore, i believe that in K2, you can create a better lightsaber if all the items were accessible, than you could in K1 with all the items accessible.

I don't think I ever disagreed with that or any of your statements. I quoted Battlewookie's SPECIFIC post about saying something to the effect that the lightsabers in K1 weren't insanely powerful.

This quote. So either he needs to explain his position better, or he's making it sound like you couldn't make an uber lightsaber in K1. Which is the statement I called him on as being completely false, since those two special crystals from the Yavin Space station did, in fact, make you have "Lightsabers of Mass Destruction".

In kotor1 you did not have Lightsabers of Mass Destruction, 1 BAB per lvl, or +8 Str. objects. Nor Special Crystals giving major bonusses.
Edited by GhostofAnakin

ah, i understand now. And i am pretty sure that he was talking about the xbox version 1.0.

Then later i think he said,"well unless you include the downloadable content on the xbox".

So then you said that you only knew the complete version that you purchased as the PC game, and that was K1 as you knew it, no less.

And then I came along thinking i could contribute to the conversation, when in fact i just confused everybody. This not be totally true, but i did make the situation more complicated.

Now i apologize and hope that this subject is resolved.

No, I do NOT mean before Yavin patch.

Take a quick look:

KOTOR1 Lightsaber 1 (Heart of the Guardian-Opila-Krayt Dragon Pearl)

Stats:

Damage 6-23

Critical Threat 19-20 x2 +2-12

Attack Modifier +5

KOTOR1 Lightsaber 2 (Mantle of the Force-Jenruax-Solari)

Stats:

Damage 5-26

Light Side: +2-12 vs. Dark Side

Critical Threat 19-20 x2

Attack Modifier +4

Dexterity +1

Blaster Bolt Deflection +5

These were the best I combo's I could find with Kotor1.

Now look at Kotor2 (Sorry for the Double-bladed lightsaber, due to a bug I can't get an other type to try on currently)

KOTOR2 Lightsaber Dual-Bladed NO Non-Crystal upgrades (Name-Ankarres Sapphire)

Stats:

Damage 2-24

Damage Bonus +5 to Dark Side

Critical Threat 19-20 x2

On Hit: Knockdown DC 22

Attack Modifier +3

Restricted to: Dark Side

Restricted to: Neutral

Charisma +6

Dexterity +5

Strenght +7

Regeneration 2

(And due to the "not stack bug" some stats are even missing)

Now add some non-crystal upgrades and you can see why I call them Lightsabers of Mass-Destruction...

therefore, i believe that in K2, you can create a better lightsaber if all the items were accessible, than you could in K1 with all the items accessible.

Quite true, that the addition of a premium cell (Tegram III for 1-8 extra pts of damage) as well as a Pontite Lens (2-12 extra damage) can give you that extra power that was unavailable in KOTOR1.

However, it's still all relative. By the time you're capable of creating such items, your enemies have also scaled up according to your level.

No, I do NOT mean before Yavin patch.

Take a quick look:

KOTOR1 Lightsaber 1 (Heart of the Guardian-Opila-Krayt Dragon Pearl)

Stats:

Damage 6-23

Critical Threat 19-20 x2 +2-12

Attack Modifier +5

KOTOR1 Lightsaber 2 (Mantle of the Force-Jenruax-Solari)

Stats:

Damage 5-26

Light Side: +2-12 vs. Dark Side

Critical Threat 19-20 x2

Attack Modifier +4

Dexterity +1

Blaster Bolt Deflection +5

These were the best I combo's I could find with Kotor1.

Now look at Kotor2 (Sorry for the Double-bladed lightsaber, due to a bug I can't get an other type to try on currently)

I'm not sure where you're getting your info because using those upgrades I did MUCH higher damage. Now while I can't remember my specific total, here's directly from www.gamebanshee.com with their lightsaber crystal guide for K1:

Click Me.

Again, I'm not sure where you're getting your info from because this looks more like what I was talking about (taken from the above link):

Light Side Players: Solari + Upari

With a normal 2-16 saber, and not using the Heart of the Guardian or Mantle of the Force, the damage becomes 6-27 Energy, +1d8 Physical vs. Dark Side, with the almost unequaled +6 to attack.

With a normal 2-16 saber, and with the Heart of the Guardian, the damage becomes 5-38 Energy, +6 to Attack, and +4 Blaster Bolt Deflection.

With a normal 2-16 saber, and with the Mantle of the Force, the damage becomes 6-42 Energy vs. Dark Side, and 4-30 Energy vs. everything else, with +6 to attack, and an incredible +8 to Blaster Bolt Deflection.

5-38 Energy, +6 to Attack and 6-42 Energy vs. DS (if playing LS), regular 4-30 Energy, +6 Attack and +8 Blaster Bolt is much more powerful than the stats you provided.

I agree that the stats you came up with don't make them look that powerful, but the stats that I used during the game and the stats that gamebanshee provides do, in fact, make them as powerful as anything (or at the very least VERY close) in K2.

I am getting my info from

Kotor 1.03

Kotor2 1.0 with High-Quality Music/Movie Patch

I find it quite odd my Jedi from Kotor1 doesn't even have an Upari crystal (tried it just before heading to unknown world, so I had a bench nearby to try), where do you get those?

In short:

I compared my Kotor1 Jedi before the unknown world, with my Kotor2 Jedi just before the Dantooine meet

I find it quite odd my Jedi from Kotor1 doesn't even have an Upari crystal (tried it just before heading to unknown world, so I had a bench nearby to try), where do you get those?

On the Rakatan planet, when you're in the temple, you'll find the Sith Master (the guy who is first shown blowing up a droid with some lightning). He's the guy who says something about how he's intensified his training 10 fold. After killing him, you can find a few nice items, such as blue dark jedi master robes, a lightsaber, and the Upari crystal. There's a bench in the next room where you can quickly add it.

I think the above room is the armory in the temple, but it's been a while.