JEBUS... HQ Media patch thingy on front page!!

If the game is changing resolution for the movies and you're playing it on a LCD you're movie quality is going to suck. Sorry this is an inherent flaw in LCD screens. LCDs must be used at their native resolution or they are horrible.

Edited by swaaye

If I follow what you're saying, you are correct that there is an "auto-resolution-configuration" changing the screen res for a movie, and back again afterwards.

The point is that the movie resolution is poor (Xbox plays on a standard television, which is 480p, I think) so it looks like a TRS-80 hi-res game of Pong compared to the 1600 x 1200 game engine scenes book-ending it.

So it's moo, but it's not. If you see what I mean. :cat:

The movie resoloution is poor? So far i have heard that;

A: The movies are all 1600 x 1200 res

B: SOME movies are 1600 x 1200 res

C: There are different versions of the movie to match the screen resoloution you play the game at.

I have no idea which of these is true anymore, i would guess at B. And from what you said, i get the idea that people playing with 1600 x 1200 resoloutions would think the movies looked bad, because they are used to playing the game at a huge resoloution. However thats not the case, from what i've read its the people with the larger game resoloution that noticed the movies looking better! I myself play at 1600 x 1200 and i thought the movies looked much better.

Its all so confusing :wacko:

If the game changes resoloution to play movies, then it should not matter what resoloution people play the game at, because EVERYONE would be seeing the movies at the same res.

This is no way the movies are 1600x1200. The game would have to downsize them most of the time since most people don't even have monitors that can run 1600x1200, not to mention the sheer size of a movie of that resolution LOL.

The game engine may scale up the movies. It's possible. You know, like Media Player does. That's definitely what should be done in a modern game in the LCD era. I seem to recall a movie resolution setting in the INI file.

I haven't bothered to install any of these addons because I gave up on this half ass game months ago. :)

1600x1200 movies would be massive (unless they are compressed heavily which would explain the reduced quality).

The way movies are scaled is the same way a lower-res game is scaled (by drivers/graphics card). It is possible to be done by software mode as well but normally it is done by the hardware. Just get someone with an nVidia card to change their scaling mode to no stretching at all, then play the game. If the movies still play full screen then it's the game doing the stretching.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Can someone release a unofficial Sith Lords Soundtrack? ( dont just wanna play them in the in game menu)

i dont think there will be a official sounstrack like Kotor 1?. (and absolutley not from LA..)

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.....I haven't had the game installed on my PC for some months. Never got around to re-installing after a HD reformat, heh. Figured I'd pretty much played the game out for myself so why bother.

Guess I'll have to do it now tho...just to check things out. Tho it would appear to me from reading this thread that the music one is the one most 'worth' checkin' out.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What the... Well, this is strange... I just happened to load up the game about two days ago to check something, and I decided to check to see if there was an update, and I got a message saying that there was no new patch... and here I am learning it's been out for like a month.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Ah, well, that'll explain it, then.

Much appreciated. :wub:

Edited by Silvershadow

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital