Electronic Arts Invasion

BicycleOfDeath

The point of a roleplaying game is to be the FedEx man with guns!

Fixed!

Yes! With big guns.

And big packages.

Wait, that was Darque's line.

Get your mail order nanny yet? :thumbsup:

EA isn't that bad. They still make some good games, RA2 comes to mind as the last one I can think of.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

EA isn't that bad. They still make some good games, RA2 comes to mind as the last one I can think of.

That wasn't EA. That was WestWood.

Ofcourse they had to kill that company and stuffed them in a in-house EA team.

Result: Generals and that kind of nonsense.

Soon to be raped: Red Alert (with itteration 3)

EDIT: And just from taking a look at *all PC games EA made (games from the good old quasi-quality way not included obviously)*:

Not a single good game to be found :wacko:

Edited by Battlewookiee

Guest Fishboot

I think that gaming will be officially considered culturally important when Dan/Dani Bunten is made the subject of a hero biopic.

Edit - I don't know what FOOL is.

Edited by Fishboot

That wasn't EA. That was WestWood.

Ofcourse they had to kill that company and stuffed them in a in-house EA team.

that (the game) came after westwood was purchased by EA. The catalyst for the purchase of Westwood was the flop known as Tiberian Sun.

what about the Toxic Tractors and rocket buggies, wheres the love?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

When I look at EA internal development, I see a bunch of titles I don't like. When I look at EA external development, I see some games I definitely like (Battlefield 2, for instance). When I look at UbiSoft, I see the opposite: internal games I like, external games I'm not a fan of. I would be concerned about what would happen to my favorite UbiSoft franchises underwent the EA process. Then again, I was pretty annoyed with how Prince of Persia 2 turned out.

"No, the developers were"

of course you fail to mention that there were multiple developers for the game, and the only Ubisoft wnated out of the game was to be able to beat NWN to amrket so they claim to have 'the first 3E D&D CRPG ever'. We also saw how that abckfired. Sure, the devs have to accept blame; but so does the publisher. Nice try, though.

Thanks for the scoop, well-informed corporate insider!

I have to agree with JE. Mainly because EA is allowing their "contracter" to have more freedom in making their games, while on the inside they run things like an olden sweat shop, thus quality suffers

When I look at EA internal development, I see a bunch of titles I don't like.  When I look at EA external development, I see some games I definitely like (Battlefield 2, for instance).  When I look at UbiSoft, I see the opposite: internal games I like, external games I'm not a fan of.  I would be concerned about what would happen to my favorite UbiSoft franchises underwent the EA process.  Then again, I was pretty annoyed with how Prince of Persia 2 turned out.

"No, the developers were"

of course you fail to mention that there were multiple developers for the game, and the only Ubisoft wnated out of the game was to be able to beat NWN to amrket so they claim to have 'the first 3E D&D CRPG ever'. We also saw how that abckfired. Sure, the devs have to accept blame; but so does the publisher. Nice try, though.

Thanks for the scoop, well-informed corporate insider!

Wasn't IWD2 the first 3E D&D CRPG?

Didn't IWD 2 was released after NWN? I consider NWN to be the real first 3e DnD game/ POoR2 didn't even have Wizards, Druids, and Gnomes along with a lot of the baseline rules right. IWD2 was as close to 3e as the Infinity Engine allowed and I think thebest rules set out of all the IE games. Man, I would love to play the other IE games using IWD2's rules system. :D But I wouldn't consider it 3e.

:geek: