F.E.A.R.

metadigital

How's that scary?

Rag doll mechanics ... the mouth MOVES and I was not expecting that.

Its pretty neat and I found it more scary that what was in the game, then again I played SH and pretty much all horror games after midnight with the light off so it takes more that "blood n` gore" to pull a reaction from me, yes the corridor part was wierd and made a impression but things remain to be seen ... after all I seen games that started pretty well and end up as rubbish midway.

The question for me is IF they can keep the tension of the game and not made it end up like some action gore fest that relies on blood and gore to make a impression on games, such things are nothing but cheap tricks.

drakron.png

I thought the corridor thing was a cheap trick. As were the "you see Alma traipsing through the compound gigling"-moments. Watch the videos from Gamespot or Gametrailers, etc. They have moments that really did freak me out as well as worked like doses of adrenalin. Really good stuff, the demo pales when comparing.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

But as I said, does the tension builds and is maintained?

Its easy to create a trainer with the high points ... biggest issue I have it runned like crap, if its something that requires tech only avaible 6 months after release to prove a smooth experience it does not matter it have the right build up of tension and horror since the poor performance of the game will ruin it ... just like watching Psyco were the sound fails and shutters and the screen pauses, cuts and jumps.

drakron.png

Game runs fine on my Radeon 9800 Pro, Athlon64 3500+ with 1 GB of memory.

It's not max details, but it is still probably the best looking FPS I have on my computer (including the likes of Half-Life 2 and Doom 3).

Too bad you can't get it to run very well :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Seething with anticipation, are you?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Well, I'm killing mutants and mercenaries with over-the-top macho rfles in a jungle right about soon. I'm quite satisfied. I yell when one ugly monkeyspawn took me by surprise. It's not a pleasant sensation to yell like a little boy, but pumping the bastard full of lead and parabolic grenades felt great.

Edit: But Far Cry is no means a great game. Just something to kill time with.

kirottu said:

Indeed. I cover and lament. Oh help.

kirottu said:

oh, my feet can't carry me fast enough. the pixels will consume my flesh. see me tremble.

kirottu said:

somebody help the poor man...mommyy...

kirottu said:

oh, the climax

kirottu said:

Well, it is if you like plastic.

kirottu said:

Are you afraid of little girls?

Tried the demo, seems pretty demanding.

Btw. "First Encounter Assault Recon" (FEAR) sounds pretty lame, doesn't it? :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
I think the point is that she is an alien thinggie (technical term), and therefore does not need a gun (rifle or munitionss in general).

I think she probably just needs a hug. :p She looks sad and helpless; it's all very Ringu, of course. Where have I seen the acronym F.E.A.R. before? I'm thinking 80s cartoon series or possibly puppets, but can't get a clear memory.

Is it Appointment with FEAR, the classic adventure game book?

18_appointment_fear.JPG

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif