Jade Empire Bombed

Volourn

Looks like Volourn has a groupie. :huh:

But as someone said earlier (was it Sawyer?), you have to not only look at how many units a game sold, but compare that figure to how costly it was to make.

I doubt PS:T cost as much to make as JE did, simply due to the extra cost JE had to have due to its graphics and voice acting. So even if JE and PS:T sold equal units, JE's not as big a success as PS:T from a business standpoint because of the cost to make it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Of course, it's highly doubtful that PST sold 500k units in the first 6 months of release either.

R00fles!

However, it is true, sales themselves are only a piece of puzzle. Only BIO, and MS know how much JE was amde for. BIO seems to be happy with sales. I doubt they'd be happy if the game lost money. I'd need actual proof before I take someone's word that BIO is just pretendding to be ahppy.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How can two people have the exact same name with the exact same spelling?

Volourn (7000+ posts)

Voloυrn (1 post)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How can two people have the exact same name with the exact same spelling?

Volourn (7000+ posts)

Voloυrn (1 post)

I was thrown off by that too. Hence my comment about Volourn having a groupie.

I notice Hades_One had something similar too in the PNJ forum.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Look closer guys, specifically in the profile window for the both of them where their name's text is bigger.

The 'u' characters are different. One has the tailybob (the real Volo) and one is just a curve.

I'd say it's either an different language's character in the other, or maybe some sort of symbol I haven't yet run across.

Look closer guys, specifically in the profile window for the both of them where their name's text is bigger. 

The 'u' characters are different.  One has the tailybob (the real Volo) and one is just a curve.

I'd say it's either an different language's character in the other, or maybe some sort of symbol I haven't yet run across.

Reported.

R00fles!

Guest Fishboot
Thing is, if the game sold a million copies, then it sold quite well.  I can't see a game being "modestly profitable" even if it's just in the long run, if it sells a million copies.  Jade Empire has only sold 500,000 copies, albeit in a shorter time frame.

Oh, I think it could. That Fallout 1/2 Dual Jewel and the PS:T and... something one sold at Walmarts for years with a prominent place on small metal racks - I saw the same layout in multiple states. I assume other similar retailers sold it the same way. At $10 for well-known and attractively packaged games I could see them selling an awful lot of copies. Not three million, though, and I don't have any particular numbers to back my presumptions.

Yeah, we can't have people around openly questioning other people's identities. This needs to stop.

Aha, but I know the difference between you and the real Hades_One too.

Your difference is even easier to spot Hades One.

Yeah, dude. I mean, it's so freaking obvious it's almost lame. <_<

I shall personally take care of any clone accounts personificating me; should some be created. Take heed.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Vengeance shall be mine!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Small hug or a bear hug?

kirottu said:

Pffffft. Your teddy can keep you.

kirottu said: