Rome

Shadowstrider

I'm still unsure about the "new" Octavian.

I know! Tell me what the new Octavian does that the old one couldn't! Sit on a horse and not fight? Watching the old Octavian write out a "death list" would have been magical.

Last episode was VERY solid tho.

Yes, that was awesome. I loved it when that guy stabbed the person on the ground and someone simply cut off his hand.

I just read up on Octavia on Wikipedia and was very surprised at how her story is completely different on the show.

Octavian will send his sister to

marry Marc Anthony, who will soon after depart for Egypt where he will marry and impregnate Cleopatra.

That is history's version(from Encyclopeadia Brittanica, not Wiki) but the show follows it very closely so I have no reason to believe this won't happen in the coming episodes. I also read a passage mentionning her relashionship with Agrippa,

who will actually defeat Marc Anthony when the alliance of Octavian Lepedus and Marc Anthony is broken for good

• 2 weeks later...

"Those lions you brought me were useless. Wouldn't even pull my chariot for ****"

"I am sorry, they are very temperamental animals. I am very fortunate to have a giraffe should you be interested"

"What would I do with a giraffe?"

"Camels perhaps"

:thumbsup:

I liked this last episode. I love it when Pullo kicks butt ...

Only two more episodes left. >_<

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I liked this last episode. I love it when Pullo kicks butt ...

Only two more episodes left. :(

Yes good episode. Again.

It is a real shame that this is the last season. A crime even. :yucky:

I suppose we can expect a fight between Pullo and Vorenus on the battle field now.

Or maybe they will decide the fate of this battle in which Marc Anthony loses against Agrippa(according to history).

*laughs* You two are putting me in stitches ...

I've definitely been wondering about Octavian's sanity. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, that last episode was a little weak. They had to wrap up a lot in so little time tho, so I guess I can't blame them too much.

They really liked to paint Antony in an unflattering light in this series, didn't they? lol

I never warmed to the older Octavian. From an intelligent, ambitious but w/a heart teen, to nothing but cold-blooded ambition w/a little bit of psycho-crazy-nut mixed in.

I liked the way it ended. Not really any loose ends.

They could've showed the Mark Anthony vs. Agrippa sea battle though but I'd rather they skip it than watching bad CGI so :)

I was expecting the big guy's demise to be more spectacular but at least he got some redemption and his soul is at peace.

PULLO RULES!