What sequel do you want made.....

kumquatq3

true, but it was touted as the "spiritual successor" of Dues so it have become scared of "spiritual Succesors"

Another Sequal I'd like made is another Darksword trilogy, maybe go back and explain where the Darksword Legends came from.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also, I believe you were paying out your award for anyone who said "sequels are crap", which I didn't. In fact, I can name three sequels that were better than the original films, right now:

Die Hard 2, Spiderman 2, Empire Strikes Back.

Now, I can't argue with Spiderman 2 and Empire Strikes Back, but Die Hard 2? I found Die Hard 2 to be the worst of the series, return of William Atherton be damned.

Personally, I would have used 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' as an example.

Book: More Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books. Alas!, R.I.P. Douglas Adams.

Webomics: MOVIE PUNKS GODDAMMIT.

I was tossing up whether to use Terminator 2 as an example, but you can't beat the first one, even though it originally was filmed in mono! (Arnie has only ever played one bad guy.) The film, much like The Matrix, was low budget but good SF.

Die Hard 2 is a pretty solid film, regardless of your personal tastes. I mentioned it mainly because it made more at the box-office than the first one. (Go figure that one.)

Additionally, the Hitchi Hiker's books were pretty pointless after the original trilogy. Mr Adams, himself, didn't want to write anything after that, and I think Goodbye, So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish was not good enough to entice me to read the fifth book. (If the author doesn't really want to write, then it's just not going to be good.)

Try reading Dirk Gentley's Detective Agency, I think that's a great Douglas Adams book.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Game:Starcraft 2

no worries, we'll get it eventually

in fact, I'm quite convinced Blizz is working on it as we speak

I think they are to worried about the WoW expansion and Ghost to make a Starcraft 2 at the moment.

I think they are to worried about the WoW expansion and Ghost to make a Starcraft 2 at the moment.

Blizz is huge, WoW has an entire team devoted to it, separated from all other projects

Ghost is being made by a satellite developer, under Blizzard's strict inspection

if there's one other game that could possibly hinder Starcraft 2's development, it's Diablo 3

and because starcraft is older than D2, I guess we'll be seeing SC2 somtime within the next decade

I don't consider WoW to be Hack an Slash, that particular title belongs to Dynasty Warriors.

Also, I believe you were paying out your award for anyone who said "sequels are crap", which I didn't. In fact, I can name three sequels that were better than the original films, right now:

Die Hard 2, Spiderman 2, Empire Strikes Back.

Now, I can't argue with Spiderman 2 and Empire Strikes Back, but Die Hard 2? I found Die Hard 2 to be the worst of the series, return of William Atherton be damned.

Personally, I would have used 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' as an example.

Book: More Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books. Alas!, R.I.P. Douglas Adams.

Webomics: MOVIE PUNKS GODDAMMIT.

I was tossing up whether to use Terminator 2 as an example, but you can't beat the first one, even though it originally was filmed in mono! (Arnie has only ever played one bad guy.) The film, much like The Matrix, was low budget but good SF.

Die Hard 2 is a pretty solid film, regardless of your personal tastes. I mentioned it mainly because it made more at the box-office than the first one. (Go figure that one.)

Additionally, the Hitchi Hiker's books were pretty pointless after the original trilogy. Mr Adams, himself, didn't want to write anything after that, and I think Goodbye, So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish was not good enough to entice me to read the fifth book. (If the author doesn't really want to write, then it's just not going to be good.)

Try reading Dirk Gentley's Detective Agency, I think that's a great Douglas Adams book.

I liked Terminator, but I prefer the second one. I didn't really like the bogged up romance in the first, and as a whole, it just less impressive, Arnie being the only standout in the movie. Also, many of my favourite movie scenes ever come from Judgement Day, scenes I have treasured since childhood. As for Die Hard 2, I always thought it was more of the same with a lesser villain(of course, I consider Hans Gruber to be one of the best villains I've ever seen, so that's fairly easy to do). I found Die Hard 3 did interesting things with the characters that we hadn't seen before(not in this franchise, anyway). Also, Jeremy Irons is villainlicious despite having to box his way up again Alan Rickman and being handicapped by not appearing the first half of the movie.

I personally liked So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish a lot myself. I though Fenchurch and Wonko the Sane were excellent additions to the cast, and the returning cast excluded Zaphod, which I don't mind, because he annoyed the hell out of me(though I do believe that was the point). Mostly Harmless, though, was a major disappointment and disregarded a lot from the earlier books for random things(there's even a character named Random), and the many pieces just didn't fall together at the end at all(unlike the previous stories). I only liked the happy robot, and only because it was the ironic antithesis to Marvin.

Games for which I Dont Want Sequels: JE (at least not if it uses the same rules system and writing), others I shall remember later

According to rumors your too late... They are going to make one for the 360, still unconfirmed but it might actually be bioware trying to make a sequel.

Games for which I Dont Want Sequels: JE (at least not if it uses the same rules system and writing)

Uh, why?

If you didn't like JE, just don't buy the sequel in the event it's made. I'm sure lots of people would like the game to have a sequel, as apparently it's been rather successful. Would a sequel directly affect you in some way I'm overlooking? :huh:

I shall respond to you both with a single explanation. I am not against a sequel to JE, indiscriminately. I enjoyed the setting and such of JE. I AM against such faulty plotting as was displayed in the first. I had dissected the entire storyline within the first 15 or 20 minutes (once you learned of the existence of spirit monks). In fact, I would be emphatically for a sequel to JE if they improved upon this area.

As for how it affects me personally, it doesnt per se. However, I prefer new games to improve upon old mistakes, not to follow identical formulas, especially ones with flaws. Its the same reason no one wanted a sequel to, for example, Gigli.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Its the same reason no one wanted a sequel to, for example, Gigli.

No - the reason no one wants a sequel to Gigli is because it sucks donkey balls, and is quite possibly the worst piece in cinematic history (only surpassed by Battlefield: Earth). Ben Affleck han't been able to live down the shame, and probably never will.

manthing2.jpg

I liked Terminator, but I prefer the second one. I didn't really like the bogged up romance in the first, and as a whole, it just less impressive, Arnie being the only standout in the movie. Also, many of my favourite movie scenes ever come from Judgement Day, scenes I have treasured since childhood. As for Die Hard 2, I always thought it was more of the same with a lesser villain(of course, I consider Hans Gruber to be one of the best villains I've ever seen, so that's fairly easy to do). I found Die Hard 3 did interesting things with the characters that we hadn't seen before(not in this franchise, anyway). Also, Jeremy Irons is villainlicious despite having to box his way up again Alan Rickman and being handicapped by not appearing the first half of the movie. ...

But what about when the skeleton comes out of the blzaing inferno that was the tanker? The audience has just gone "Phew! I'm glad that's over with!", and then it's on again! Many films have since copied this and made it clich

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

actually Meta, the guy's from Die Hard one were the FBI.

"looks like we're going to need some more Feds!"

Thats a cool link, thanks Meta. I know he's getting old, but with a lot of the drivel being shown as movies nowadays I wouldn't mind a throwback like Callahan.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"You know sir there is a precedent for wheel chair detectives..." Alfred to an aging Bruce Wayne in Dark Night Returns.

No - the reason no one wants a sequel to Gigli is because it sucks donkey balls, and is quite possibly the worst piece in cinematic history (only surpassed by Battlefield: Earth).  Ben Affleck han't been able to live down the shame, and probably never will.

I haven't seen the movie, but considering that almost no one on the planet saw the movie, everyone seems to mock it. I think we often readily accept what the media tells us about a movie and pass it on as our own opinion far too often.

Not really, it looks like Constantine is getting a cult even tho it was a two star movie. People at my school who haven't even heard of Hellblazer or Sandman are into it.