60 Hours of Hopeless Romancing

I liked the twist, but I don't think they're necessary all the time and I certainly wouldn't put K1 above another game just for that.  The guy do did The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable always had a plot twist, and it worked sometimes, but other times it was just stupid.  It can be good if it fits, but I don't think it's necessary... many great stories have no surprises, and perhaps the greater experience would be a game where you know you're being misled but you continue on that path regardless... personally, I think that would be the ultimate for a Star Wars Jedi game.  But, it would require leaps and bounds in design before I think it would work.

I agree with the idea that a *major plot twist* is fine but probably should not be done everytime.

But, one has to keep in mind that, by having a major twist, the twist essentially becomes the story and helps to avoid the issue of a proper darkside path. So, unfortunately, while I would like a more straight-up story, I'm not holding my breath because I know how much easier it makes the devs' job by always having a major twist in a game that supposedly allows for 2 different paths.

I liked Kotor I better than Kotor II and here are some of my reasons:

1) In Kotor I, you had to be very careful when you level up. You started as one of the three S class persons, after that you became Jedi. Now what kind of Force Powers did you want? Do you want to repair HK-47 and do you want to persuade succesfully each time. Disable mines etc.

In Kotor II, you had so many levels that 50 was way too high. But because I like to get the best items in every game, I need to get to a higher level so I can create useful items early on. I take a lot of good Random loot. I sometimes reload an area because I want to get better items.

And what I hated of being a High level Jedi. Who could possibly beat you. No one, off course. O yes, just forgot to mention that If I have more then 25 force powers I do not know what to choose next. The only great force power additions in this game are Force Sight, Force Enlightment, Force Confusion. All the others are just dumb to me.

IMO I would say the game would have performed way better if all items are in this game and the maximum level would be set to 20 or possibly 25 and have all the items fixed. Nobody likes to find 4 or 5 Freedon Nadd Blasters in a lightside game or 3 Circlets of Saresh in a DS Game. What about the missiles Mira can use when you have Hanharr in your party?

2) In Kotor I you want to talk to all your party members to get their sidequests, this is done after each level up. In Kotor II you want to gain Influence with each party member to get XP, turn them into Jedi or improve your or their abilities.

In theory, I would like to go for the Kotor II system, but when I learned they skipped all the dialogs we had in Kotor I, building relationships etc. It didn't feel right at all. Everything just ended when you had turned them into Jedi or did all you could do to improve yourself / the party member in question.

In Kotor I at least, you needed to save Dustil to make a relationship with Carth. Missions sidequest didn't end with saving Griff on Tatooine but getting to know him as well.

You also needed to find Bastila's father's holocron and bring it back to her mother.

Maybe Juhani's sidequest could have been better done because we all wanted her to fall to the DS when she struck down Xor. But my main point is that it could have been done so much better. The Influence system. O yes, when Bao Dur, Disciple, Handmaiden and Mira fell to the DS they would have to act as a DSider as well. They don't!

3) Lack of "Strategic" targets. Every enemy you come across can be killed with conventional weapons. Is there anyone who is using mines to kill enemies in Kotor II?

Remember the following very hard to beat enemies in Kotor I:

1) Rancor in the sewers

2) Sherruk

3) Albino Kathhound

4) Terentateks (especially those in Naga Sadows tomb) Now the Terentateks are replaced with quiet easy to beat Hssiss's. A shame.

5) Giant Firaxan Shark

6) Krayt Dragon

There are some enemies that you could not kill with a lightsaber. In II it just looks like the Exile could defeat the Krayt Dragon with force powers and a lightsaber!

Yeah, if you can defeat a 40 Hssiss with about 5 Force Storms then you could defeat a Krayt Dragon, don't you think.

Master Vandar lives!

I liked Kotor I better than Kotor II and here are some of my reasons:

1) In Kotor I, you had to be very careful when you level up. You started as one of the three S class persons, after that you became Jedi. Now what kind of Force Powers did you want? Do you want to repair HK-47 and do you want to persuade succesfully each time. Disable mines etc.

In Kotor II, you had so many levels that 50 was way too high. But because I like to get the best items in every game, I need to get to a higher level so I can create useful items early on. I take a lot of good Random loot. I sometimes reload an area because I want to get better items.

And what I hated of being a High level Jedi. Who could possibly beat you. No one, off course. O yes, just forgot to mention that If I have more then 25 force powers I do not know what to choose next. The only great force power additions in this game are Force Sight, Force Enlightment, Force Confusion. All the others are just dumb to me.

IMO I would say the game would have performed way better if all items are in this game and the maximum level would be set to 20 or possibly 25 and have all the items fixed. Nobody likes to find 4 or 5 Freedon Nadd Blasters in a lightside game or 3 Circlets of Saresh in a DS Game. What about the missiles Mira can use when you have Hanharr in your party?

2) In Kotor I you want to talk to all your party members to get their sidequests, this is done after each level up. In Kotor II you want to gain Influence with each party member to get XP, turn them into Jedi or improve your or their abilities.

In theory, I would like to go for the Kotor II system, but when I learned they skipped all the dialogs we had in Kotor I, building relationships etc. It didn't feel right at all. Everything just ended when you had turned them into Jedi or did all you could do to improve yourself / the party member in question.

In Kotor I at least, you needed to save Dustil to make a relationship with Carth. Missions sidequest didn't end with saving Griff on Tatooine but getting to know him as well.

You also needed to find Bastila's father's holocron and bring it back to her mother.

Maybe Juhani's sidequest could have been better done because we all wanted her to fall to the DS when she struck down Xor. But my main point is that it could have been done so much better. The Influence system. O yes, when Bao Dur, Disciple, Handmaiden and Mira fell to the DS they would have to act as a DSider as well. They don't!

3) Lack of "Strategic" targets. Every enemy you come across can be killed with conventional weapons. Is there anyone who is using mines to kill enemies in Kotor II?

Remember the following very hard to beat enemies in Kotor I:

1) Rancor in the sewers

2) Sherruk

3) Albino Kathhound

4) Terentateks (especially those in Naga Sadows tomb) Now the Terentateks are replaced with quiet easy to beat Hssiss's. A shame.

5) Giant Firaxan Shark

6) Krayt Dragon

There are some enemies that you could not kill with a lightsaber. In II it just looks like the Exile could defeat the Krayt Dragon with force powers and a lightsaber!

Yeah, if you can defeat a 40 Hssiss with about 5 Force Storms then you could defeat a Krayt Dragon, don't you think.

I think some of the points you bring are up very valid, and I acknowledge there are many issues with K2, but many of your points are, at least to me, invalid. You reload maps to get different items, you "power play", and all that stuff... that isn't role-playing! You might as well buy a strategy guide if you're going to abuse the system.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to play that way, but frankly, a game that only falls apart when play it like you do is NOT a problem for me. However, I realize that K2 has many issues regardless of how you play.

Mothman, what I meant about being led to the dark side and knowing it wasn't the GAME FORCING YOU to follow that path, but instead giving you free will and still having you WANT to go down that path, even if you are trying to be Light Side, or playing yourself, or whatever. It's not something I can explain exactly without going on about it for a while.

The quest/puzzle fights are great, especially the little clues found on the bodies of people who failed. Hmm...I used mines a lot if I was playing a character who could put points into Demolitions/Stealth, it wasn't the fastest/most effective but it was fun if you're playing the devious type.

Personally, I think they were trying to balance how weak the Jedi are in KOTOR 1. I did feel like I had the strength of a Jedi, I just wish there were sith scattered about each world that I could really test my power on.

Lord Malak was most displeased when he had learned you had escaped Taris alive!

...those guys you mean?

Personally, I think they were trying to balance how weak the Jedi are in KOTOR 1. I did feel like I had the strength of a Jedi, I just wish there were sith scattered about each world that I could really test my power on.

Lord Malak was most displeased when he had learned you had escaped Taris alive!

...those guys you mean?

Those "sith" are retards or psuedo sith wannabes

Yeah, first time playing, when Mira has to fight her way to the exit from the squids HQ. She would just use two dozens of all those mines collected previously and trick the guys (who would usually outgun her) to follow her through the new minefields (which didn't get triggered by Mira).

Otherwise and overall, I liked K2 better in most regards up to the point where you return to Dantooine. From there the game went downhill. The ending in K1 was bad, but at least it made sense >_

As for the socalled plot twist in K1, saw it coming when your Jedi training started. Man was I pissed when I was forced to give up my scoundrel class. Lost my initial enthusiam for the game there.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein