Not a KoTOR 3 thread.....

Carnage

I love you.

Here's my thoughts from the other thread:

Personally, I'd just want to explore SW space without any, shall we say, 'echoes'. The force is nothing special anymore. Back in the movies it was mystical, but nowadays it's just a tool. A stat. Pfft.

How about no jedi?

What could be the games, shall we say, focus, then? The character(/s) should have some kind of agenda. In crpgs it's usually an universal threat of some kind. In SW however this is mostly characterized by Sith, leading us back to jedis. Any ideas how to overcome this?

Some interplanetary big corporate for example? Or big criminal organisations?

Would people buy them? I remember back in my thread almost none of the 'fans' wanted a non-jedi SW game.

How about a personal quest? Or is that a bit too radical? Does SW need to be epic?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

(Also thanks to GoA for coming up with the original idea)

I'm quoting this before meta tries to steal another one of my ideas. :*"

But on topic (OMG GoA on topic today??? NEVAR!):

As I stated in the K3 thread, I'd like to be able to play a SW game where the story does NOT revolve around Jedi/Sith and uber powerful Force wielders. I couldn't care less where the story was set, whether it be KOTOR-era or post NJO. The one main thing would be to be able to play the entire game as something other than a Jedi or Force sensitive. And the enemy would be something or someone who was not Force sensitive.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I love you.

Thank you...... but I dont think your my type

Doesn't matter. My love's free.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I guess we could look into Star Wars Galaxies, but it really has no central storyline...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

How about not?

kirottu said:

I guess we could look into Star Wars Galaxies, but it really has no central storyline...

No thanks.

1. I don't want it to be multiplayer

2. I want it to have, first and foremost, a great story

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And no million overpowered jedis goofing around, cue galaxies?

kirottu said:

>_<

Carnage, how about dem ideas? I'm sure you have some. You could just start with: What do I want to be different from KotOR?

Edit: Carny? Carny!? Oh damn, I guess he's scared of me now. Oh well...

kirottu said:

I know the Ring was very powerful and whatnot, but how hard could it be to just let go?  They should have never sent a hobbit to do a woman's job.

Because the Ring of Power has a will of its own...Once it takes hold, it never lets go... Besides, wouldn't women be more effected by its corruption, with their fascination with shiny, pretty things and all? :cat:

I would say I'd love an RPG that's first person, but that's already being done with Hellgate: London. :huh: Also, as others have said, it'd be fun to have an RPG that doesn't center around force-users. And you could have different prestige classes such as Bounty Hunters, Fighter Pilots, troopers, etc.

EDIT: and I'd also like to see the option to choose different races. Each one could have it's own set of strengths and weakness, and each one could also be stronger in a particular class than others. You could have wookies which are good for combat, Rodians which are good for skills, humans which are the "jack of all trades", etc. Although it'd be hard finding a good class for hutts. :blink: :D

Edited by Mothman

Given the size of the galaxy, Id think it to be unlikely all planets have been discovered. Perhaps a game based around a first-contact situation, where you can choose the role of the natives or the diplomats? I see more opportunities for continuity with a native character, but for those who want to play a known race they can always be the explorers.

It would not even be necessary to create a new sentient species (animals, plants, and such would almost definitely be new), though that would be preferable. There are many instances in the SW universe where colonies have been lost/protesters have left for unknown locations. Its possible that this planet is inhabited by such a group who have forgotten the rest of the galaxy. Maybe theyve regressed technologically, or some such. They might even have their own Force tradition, for those who wanted Force powers.

It could then progress into a sequel where your character (whether the same one or not) has left the planet for the rest of the galaxy. This could be due to a desire to explore, a response to foreign corporate expansion on the home world, or practically any stimuli which the devs could think up.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Given the size of the galaxy, Id think it to be unlikely all planets have been discovered. Perhaps a game based around a first-contact situation, where you can choose the role of the natives or the diplomats? I see more opportunities for continuity with a native character, but for those who want to play a known race they can always be the explorers.

It would not even be necessary to create a new sentient species (animals, plants, and such would almost definitely be new), though that would be preferable. There are many instances in the SW universe where colonies have been lost/protesters have left for unknown locations. Its possible that this planet is inhabited by such a group who have forgotten the rest of the galaxy. Maybe theyve regressed technologically, or some such. They might even have their own Force tradition, for those who wanted Force powers.

It could then progress into a sequel where your character (whether the same one or not) has left the planet for the rest of the galaxy. This could be due to a desire to explore, a response to foreign corporate expansion on the home world, or practically any stimuli which the devs could think up.

Eww, sounds like Star Trek. :blink:

manthing2.jpg

Would not that involve the elimination of more than half the world's population?

P.S. No, I dont mean just men. They're only 48% of the dead.  :huh:

No, I think she's implying that's why men have survived so long. :blink::cat:

And so this post isn't spam:

Also, race-specific weaponry and items might be nice, also. I'm not talking about items that are barred from certain classes, but items that give special bonuses or abilities to the user depending on their race.