Sentinel/Weaponmaster build

First build I made was a Guardian 19/Jedi Master 8, and believe me, my stats were:

STR 12

DEX 15 + all level up attributes

CON 12

INT 14

WIS 12

CHA 12

LS mastery

I *never* ran out of force points even when I was a guardian. Just spam Force Wave and I laughed when it didn't make a dent in my FP meter. I didn't take FP regen either.

That is pretty close to my build, except swap Dex and Str. I decided to use armor, and I didn't need a very high Dex. In KOTOR:1, lightsaber will default to Dex or Str, whichever is higher. In KOTOR:2, you need to take a feat to use Dex for your saber.

In KOTOR:2, you need to take a feat to use Dex for your saber.

Even then doesn't the DEX bonus only effect the "to hit" and not damage? So, if you want to do more damage with your saber you're still going to need a higher strength, weapon finesse: light saber or not. Right?

Even then doesn't the DEX bonus only effect the "to hit" and not damage? So, if you want to do more damage with your saber you're still going to need a higher strength, weapon finesse: light saber or not. Right?

Correct - but with your "average" fully upgraded saber (before crytstals) doing 9-39 points of damage already (up to 11-57 with regular crystals, and up to 20-60 with your name crystal), the added bonus of exceptionally high STR is kind of over kill.

I guess it really comes down to ... would you rather have a PC with:

- awesome defense and attack, but average damage (Finesse + DEX focus)

- awesome attack and damage, but average defense (STR focus)

- or -

- above average defense, attack, and damage (balance between STR and DEX)

Correct - but with your "average" fully upgraded saber (before crytstals) doing 9-39 points of damage already (up to 11-57 with regular crystals, and up to 20-60 with your name crystal), the added bonus of exceptionally high STR is kind of over kill.

I guess it really comes down to ... would you rather have a PC with:

- awesome defense and attack, but average damage (Finesse + DEX focus)

- awesome attack and damage, but average defense (STR focus)

- or -

- above average defense, attack, and damage (balance between STR and DEX)

it doesn't matter. they'd all pwn because of the pathetic enemies k2 has to offer. although my last build was the second option. still, he was quite powerful. 51-100 damage on that lightsaber with criticals spiking upwards of 200.

What about the feat to make the skill a single-skill-point-cost: is there such a feat for persuade (don't make me re-install the game :)).

There isn't such a feat - NPCs can't take persuade points. If they could, they might start influencing you, and that could cause the influence system to implode completely.

Mandalore has points in persuade, doesn't he?

It is not sufficient to have the skills/feats/talents/quirks/blemishes/etc recorded; they need to be utilised in the game ...

well, i just stick to 8 on both CHARISMA and WISDOM, since the enemy Jedis hardly ever use force powers against you, there is no need to have those to up.

Not very charismatic or wise of you ... :-

Charisma affects how much penalty there is for using a Force power from the opposite side of the Froce (e.g. lightning for a LS or healing for a DS).

Wisdom affects saving throws, as well.

I personally hate wasting points on pushing a basic skill about 14 in the initial build. Hate.

If only Darth Frog were here, he could give you chapter and verse, pro et contra for each feat, attribute, Force Form, and every possible combination ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What? No love for the berserkers, GoA?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No love for someone who believes that wisdom and charisma don't matter at all to a character.

It's almost tempting to play through with a character of 8 Wis, 8 Int and 8 Cha, just to see what effect it has. If I thought I'd discover anything new that way, I'd do it, but otherwise I think it'd get old very quickly.

I'm just wondering whether to go through Arcanum on low intelligence again - that was funny. :D

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Ah, dumb dialogue. FO 2 was a hoot.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I hate half-orc bezerkers. Hate. Bloody orcs. Worse than elves and blinking drow!

Blinking drow? Do they blink because of the lack of exposure to sunlight?

Yes. And disolve into dust (unless it is 3.5). And fraternise / rape elves to abandon lots of half-elven-drow children that grow up to want to kill all drow ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes. And disolve into dust (unless it is 3.5). And fraternise / rape elves to abandon lots of half-elven-drow children that grow up to want to kill all drow ...

That's just wrong on so many levels. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Do the half-drow babies dissolve partly?

kirottu said:

No love for someone who believes that wisdom and charisma don't matter at all to a character.

Well, i personally only use the Lightsabers, i never use force powers except Speed when i am darkside and i only use the buffing powers when i am lightside.....which don't need WISDOM or CHARISMA. lol

If you are a Force User (which most of you are and you just stick to the strongest force power and still complain its too easy. lol) you shouldn't do my 'Berserker' build. lol

Well, most of us here are rpgers, which means why try to play a role in the game. Not make a strong build

Sheesh, talk about dismissing the potential of the game.

kirottu said:

There was this thing called dialogue, and characters. Did you notice?

kirottu said:

Gut shot, right there, GoA-sir.

kirottu said:

I'm often tempted to make a tank, especially on my first playthrough of a new RPG, because I'm terrible at combat and because some games aren't well balanced for different character types (Arcanum). You never know for sure that the game won't stop you dead because you can't get past monster X. I try to resist the temptation, though, because it speeds up your progression through the game and that lessens your experience. Plus, with Kotor 2, it turns out that the combat is (*major spoilers*)

quite easy

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)