Jack Thompson

Little children?

Baley, are you drunk again? Because unless that is a pedophilia reference, which are generally a stereotype resereved for Roman Catholic Priests, I'm having a hard time understanding the relevence.

Best thing to happen to pastorate since...well, anything.

Um...I guess you could say that, my father had an abject look of horror on his face when I told him.

The point I was trying to make was that you're obviously no conservatist or uptight for that matter. That's just what the church needs right now.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

A non-fundamentalist pastor?

...the end is nigh, my brothers..................and sisters.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Yep. But remember; I'm the one who throws the first stone when the time comes. Until then, just stay on the line.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I almost joined the cloth.

I was a religious lay-leader in boot camp and considered becoming a pastor. I have no qualms with gay marriage, and I believe in non-judgement. I believe God has a right to judge, not man. I don't know that I would have performed a gay marriage ceremony myself, but I certainly wouldn't turn a gay couple away from attending church.

I was a religious lay-leader in boot camp and considered becoming a pastor.  I have no qualms with gay marriage, and I believe in non-judgement.  I believe God has a right to judge, not man.  I don't know that I would have performed a gay marriage ceremony myself, but I certainly wouldn't turn a gay couple away from attending church.

Ditto.

Whether or not I'd perform a gay marriage ceremony depends on whether or not it fits the doctrine of the church I'd be working at at the time.

After all, it'd be kind of stupid to get a doctorate via seminary, be all ready and rearin' to go make a difference in the world, and get fired over a silly controversy.

I was a religious lay-leader in boot camp and considered becoming a pastor.  I have no qualms with gay marriage, and I believe in non-judgement.  I believe God has a right to judge, not man.  I don't know that I would have performed a gay marriage ceremony myself, but I certainly wouldn't turn a gay couple away from attending church.

Ditto.

Whether or not I'd perform a gay marriage ceremony depends on whether or not it fits the doctrine of the church I'd be working at at the time.

After all, it'd be kind of stupid to get a doctorate via seminary, be all ready and rearin' to go make a difference in the world, and get fired over a silly controversy.

Um, isn't that backwards? :-

Shouldn't you join a group that agrees with your own sense of morality, not adopt theirs?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes, but can you imagine the publicity and revenue generated by a class action against Mattel (and counter-suit) ?

The lawyers would be laughing all the way to the bank, win lose or draw ...

Dude, he could totally win it.

He just has to put a different spin on it.

"These dolls, along with the whole of modern media project unrealistic standards of appearance onto our fine country's girls and young women."

The unrealistic standards of appearance stir up feminists and mothers, the mention of the media stirs up watchdog groups, and the 'fine country' line stirs up patriotic fervor.

I should be a lawyer. :cool:

And because I came late I'm going to respond to this,

Or he could say that "Every time you buy a barbie you give money to terrorists who mattel supports, I have no proof other than that Bush is in the whitehouse so anything we don't like is a terrorist..."

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.