Good Rpg's

They do reuse some of the areas way too much, though, particularly Lenele (those who've played will nod in agreement here...)

Nods in agreement. :(

It was a good game, though. I ran it on Windows XP without any trouble as I recall, though that was pre-Service Pack 2. I'm thinking of trying it again next week, and you're right - the story had some very nice touches. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

They do reuse some of the areas way too much, though, particularly Lenele (those who've played will nod in agreement here...)

Nods in agreement. :(

It was a good game, though. I ran it on Windows XP without any trouble as I recall, though that was pre-Service Pack 2. I'm thinking of trying it again next week, and you're right - the story had some very nice touches. :wub:

I really liked the way it turned out... once you found the four rings (avoiding spoilers) - you've completed the quest, and then "WTF!! Boy, does that SUCK!!" That was really tense. The revelation of you being Revan was nothing next to that :)

Meta, where are you in SS2? I just got to the 4th deck

and met Shodan, though I had figured out its identity long before

Oh, I'm up on Deck 6. (Miles ahead of you. :()

I couldn't make it past the first level. I was about 5 minutes from the start and I hadn't even run into any enemies yet. That hologram that all of a sudden appears out of no where scared the crap out of me. :">

Meta, where are you in SS2? I just got to the 4th deck

and met Shodan, though I had figured out its identity long before

Oh, I'm up on Deck 6. (Miles ahead of you. :wub:)

I couldn't make it past the first level. I was about 5 minutes from the start and I hadn't even run into any enemies yet. That hologram that all of a sudden appears out of no where scared the crap out of me. :">

Hologram? Not sure where ya are ...?

I played a Psi-dude (because ya just have to, don'tcha?) and the biggest threats were the chimps in Med, the exploding robots in Engineering (didn't like the mutants, but I managed to get around them) and then I got stealth so I could avoid most of those ninjas ...

I'm acctually thinking of replaying as a Navy dude now (before I finish the first game) because I'm starting to want to use all those nifty weapons that are turning up ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Arcanum:

My copy just arrived in the post, for 4 quid. Amazing variety, and so many damn stats! Wait, no, the damn stats are bugging me at the moment. I can't work out how to plan my character development.

The geenral feel I have ad so far is Fallout-esque, in terms of th graphics, and the morality. Also reminiscent of Lionheart, in GUI, which annoys me, since Lionheart was so tediously hack and slash. Inventing and building things is cool though.

System Shock 2:

I am playing as a marine, lurching from deck to deck, smashed on malt liquor and brain implants; armed to the teeth, like an intergalactic Hunter S Thompson.

I can't work out why it's so scary. i jump more playing that game than I do in real life. :D

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hologram? Not sure where ya are ...?

I think it was in the first area where you get to raise one of your skills or something. In one end of the area there is an elevator that goes to the top floor of the room. On this top area there is a door down a hallway and a hologram of someone running down that hallway as you start heading towards the door. Either way I was just running around the area when it suddenly appeared in front of me on my moniter and scared the crap outta me. :wub:

Actually, "Polito" explains the ghosts are the result of your cybernetic implants. Most of them are unimportant, but a few provide clues, albeit obvious ones, as to your next move.

I have now progressed to the Rickenbacker (something like that) Pod 2. So far, I have decided my most hated enemies are thos damn cyborg ninja assassin things. Their energy shurikens are most evil.

As for the part that freaked me out the most, it has occurred several times. Its when you hear an enemy and youre on edge looking for them, then you turn a corner and theyre right in front of you. I swear I had a small spasm and knocked over the keyboard every time that happened.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Wuss. :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Morrowind. 'Nuff said.

I've managed to suck my wife into it too; while she hasn't created a character yet, I'm sure that it's not that far off. She already understands how to fight and moving around [which is pretty good, considering she hates computers.]

We're working on the Main Quest, and I've got another pure warrior type going that is almost the GrandMaster of the Fighters Guild. Then it's going to be either the Mages Guild or House Redoran, and finally, once I've reached level 30 or so, I'll start the main quest and pound everything into dog kibble. Just need some more Grand Soul Gems... *he he*

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Nameless One, how haven't you grown bored yet?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, a bunch of others have mentioned Fallout 1 and 2, the KotOR games, Planescape: Torment, etc. All decent games.

I also like The Summoner (the first one). Trouble is it doesn't seem to run on Windows XP, so I can't play it anymore ;)

Yes it does! When installing it gave me a stern message about Win2k being a non-supported platform, but I pretended I didn't see it. The game runs beautifully on WinXP pro, Athlon 2.4, ATI 9600xt. It also correctly identified my Win98 machine's Nvidia card, no graphical worries there either.

Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but the game has a huge patch to v.1.40 still available through auto-update.

Right, I'm currently playing SS2 as well. Not that scary, but it has given me a few jumps so far. As well as the standard paranoia that comes with facing those small spiders/worms etc. I don't know why, but I have this gigantic, irrational fear for facehuggers and their clones in various games. Any time I see one of those enemies, I freak out. (I absolutely*hated* the egg incubator part of AvP2, by the way).

The irritating thing is that nowadays *every* game seems to have those bastards.

Oh well, I'm a techie and it r00lz. Hacking up cyborg midwifes with energy rapiers = fun.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Well, a bunch of others have mentioned Fallout 1 and 2, the KotOR games, Planescape: Torment, etc. All decent games.

I also like The Summoner (the first one). Trouble is it doesn't seem to run on Windows XP, so I can't play it anymore :p

Yes it does! When installing it gave me a stern message about Win2k being a non-supported platform, but I pretended I didn't see it. The game runs beautifully on WinXP pro, Athlon 2.4, ATI 9600xt. It also correctly identified my Win98 machine's Nvidia card, no graphical worries there either.

Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but the game has a huge patch to v.1.40 still available through auto-update.

Well, all I can say is that it didn't work for me... :p

I can play for about 10-15 minutes and then my system crashes completely and I have to turn the machine off and boot from scratch. With so much trouble, I didn't try again. Besides, I had already finished it a few times and discovered all the secrets (at least that I'd heard of), so not playing again wasn't a major loss. Would have loved to go back, though....

Except for all the return trips to Lenele... And the Durgan's lucky charm sidequest :luck: