Halo

Maybe they will enjoy being unemplyed.

MS have no problems in buring franchises if it helps selling the Xbox 360, their biggest problem with the Xbox was the PS2 had such a large user base that it was far more profitable to develop for the PS2 only, they hope to close the gap with 360 so at least cross plataform becames a more viable option.

Halo 3 at PS3 launch (but what launch? the PS3 is not going to be released worldwide on the same day, it could mean the japan launch or the american launch day) is certainly possible, you keep forgetting that the PS3 is not comming out 3 days after Xbox 360 launch and developement kits for the 360 exist at quite some time, if the Xbox 360 is capable of having launch titles why it cannot have Halo 3 about 4-6 months after launch?

drakron.png

Only if they weren't planning anything particularly impressive with Halo 3.

I suspect they weren't working on Halo 3 while working on Halo 2. Unless they license an engine, they're probably going to build a new one. I can't see them using the same engine.

Only if they weren't planning anything particularly impressive with Halo 3.

I suspect they weren't working on Halo 3 while working on Halo 2.  Unless they license an engine, they're probably going to build a new one.  I can't see them using the same engine.

I'm betting everyone and his grandma is going for the Unreal 3 engine. It's just that good! Streaming maps.. mmm.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Maybe they will enjoy being unemplyed.

MS have no problems in buring franchises if it helps selling the Xbox 360, their biggest problem with the Xbox was the PS2 had such a large user base that it was far more profitable to develop for the PS2 only, they hope to close the gap with 360 so at least cross plataform becames a more viable option.

Who just said KotOR: The Sith Lords? :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It is a nice looking engine, and would greatly speed up development time.

If they want to get Halo out for the PS3 launch, they wouldn't have much of a choice IMO, unless they went with a different engine license.

Also, there seems to be little opposition to their current dominance in the market: looks like every third party is developing a game using Unreal, and the third generation engine looks pretty superlative ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

so just out of question, are FPS's now making models correct with the riot gear or are they being idiots and having terrs be Office guy's still?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm not sure I understand your question (or if indeed I am able to answer it, even if I did).

If you are asking whether the developers have different models to use for bad guys (other than civilians), then I guess they do (but I don't know: see latter part of previous sentence). I would contend that it is quite reasonable to have terrorists dressed as civilians, though, especially in civilian areas. After all, someone wearing riot gear is going to stand out in the crowd, especially if they're not wearing the country's uniform ... :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Same with someone carrying a heavy machine gun....

One thing I would like to see in Halo would be a version of multi where sombody drives like a dropship and each team gets' a mobile spawn point in the level.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.