Halo

One thing I found unrealistic about the flood was just how many of them you faced. They need hosts to fight, and it seems unrealistic how they were able to get so many hosts. In Halo, the only humans on the ring were from the Pillar of Autumn, yet you must have fought hundreds of infested human floods. The same goes for the covenant. The only reason there was so many was because they wanted to give you a lot of enemies to blow apart.

The level "the library" was a tad creepy, which I liked, but it got boring cause all you fought was flood and were in the same evironment over and over. :thumbsup:

The flood are also the only reason that the game is rated M, too. It's just because you can blow heads and limbs off their bodies. Just FYI. :devil:

Speaking of costs, I noticed that given current exchange rates, it'd be cheaper for me to import Fahrenheit rather than likely wait for it to come out here and fork over $60.

Plus I get a DVD, and no censorship. Go Great Britain!!! :devil:

The biggest problem I had with Halo was that I played it on PC. Not that that made the game any worse, but by the time I had played it, it just wasn't the stellar, revolutionary game it was meant to be.

I've never played Half-Life 1 or 2, unfortunately.  I should really buy it sometime.

Half-Life Generations includes all the expansions (CounterStrike, the fan mod that was eventually released by Half-Life, Blue-Shift, and Opposing Forces, which is easily a terrific game in its own right), and it's

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A Halo thread that talks about Halo?  How weird! 

I warned you all!  (laughs at SOE)

:devil:

Anyway, what I want to know is what that gravemind was supposed to be.  Perhaps he was some kind of collective conscience for the Flood, sort of like the Overmind in Starcraft. 

About weapons, in Halo 1 the pistol was super powerful, now it's totally weak.  The only real reason to use it now is if you have no other weapons available (which is almost never).  I thought the Battle Rifle was sweet, though. 

Just a comment, I've never played Half-Life 1 or 2, unfortunately.  I should really buy it sometime.

Yes indeed you warned me. I guess flattery with a healthy heaping of brownnosing will get you everywhere on the internet huh Mothman? :thumbsup:

Ouch.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yes indeed you warned me.  I guess flattery with a healthy heaping of brownnosing will get you everywhere on the internet huh Mothman?  :)

Indeed. :devil::* Sorry to hear about the warnings, though.

Thanks, Meta. :thumbsup:

Although we should really get back on topic, here.

Halo 3 is set to come out the same day the PS3 comes out (early 2006, I think) Can't wait to see it. I wonder if that's going to be the last one, or if they plan on continuing it beyond that?

Text under the spoiler tag, smart ass attitude in general. Also, the 'sorry about the warnings' bit is edited in, originally the post was just you being a jerkface.

I'll stop now though, as I'd rather not draw moderator attention to myself. I've got them pissed off enough for one day.

Sorry. :huh: I wasn't laughing at the fact that you were in trouble, just that you had ignored me earlier when I complained about posting about half life in a Halo topic (Darkside's original topic), and then it ended up getting locked. I found the irony in it funny. But don't think I found you being in trouble funny. I don't, FYI. I wouldn't want that to happen to me, either. That's why I edited that in.

Well I'm glad that's over.

Yeah, Gravemind was a Flood. And the reason there were so many Flood was because there was already a significant number of them trapped inside the Halo. Plus, there were several hundred marines and countless Convenant on Halo for them to feed on according to the books.

I want to see a Covenant Engineer in 3, just for the sake of knowing what they look like. The description almost makes them sound like Prophets, but that can't be right.

sig2.gif

Except X-box 2 comes out before PS 3.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Halo 3 is set to come out the same day the PS3 comes out (early 2006, I think)  Can't wait to see it.  I wonder if that's going to be the last one, or if they plan on continuing it beyond that?

That is speculation. Officially Bungie isn't saying anything about Halo 3.

But wasn't it microsoft who said that?