Military Aircraft

Lucius

I know this isn't a "military aircraft", but it's just sooooo cool:

It's the "Javelin" by Aviation Technology Group. It can go 708mph or mach .925. You can't, as I'm sure most of you know, go past Mach 1 in a civilian aircraft without special permission. Which is, they claim, the only thing preventing them from doing it. It can pull 6 Gs for a small price of only $2.8 million dollars. Spiffy nickname not included.

large400eu.jpglarge433qx.jpg

large697qk.jpg

more pixs:

http://www.avtechgroup.com/gallery.asp#

First, I appriciate you putting my posts through so fast Eldar, I was wondering who my mysterious benefactor was. :rolleyes:

Secondly, there's an advantage to you doing so, you know, you get to see pictures... planes and stuff. :D

And thirdly, I can't believe noone haven't posted a pic of good old Su-25 Frogfoot. :ph34r:

su-25_1.jpg

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I can't really say that I have a favourite aircraft because I'm more partial to specific pictures than specific planes. Right now, browsing through some of my dad's military aviation magazines there are a lot of really awesome pictures in it and I don't have anyway to share them. :(

Is it just me, or has Hildegard got a lot more factual in recent weeks...?

Pixies: The thing that is interesting and pleasing about weapon systems of any variety si the degree tow hich they have been engineered to perfectly meet a given requirement. Swords, planes, warships all have a curious terrible beauty. A stradivari violin expresses a similar dedication and genius. It is a statements of Man's burgeoning control over nature.

Or that could just be me being pretentious. :D

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Also, an unconfirmed report has it that one factor was the fact that the YF-23 had its internal AAMs "stacked" in its bays, while the YF-22's missiles each had a bay to themselves; this meant that, on the YF-23, a malfunction in one launcher might prevent the launch of another missile in the same bay.

Although I don't know why Hildegard disregards the YF-22's manouverability with the following qualifying statement ("even though this was not a mandatory USAF requirement"). I'm sure it's not his words and he just copied and pasted it from somewhere, but I can't understand what the point is of saying it. Sure the thrust vectoring isn't a requirement, but the increased manouverability is certainly a nice bonus.

I could probably show some pictures of accidents with the YF-23 as well....if it had been chosen instead of the YF-22.

post-2035-1123137863_thumb.jpg

Can never have enough F-22s. :p

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

ok, fine... we shares our favorite ww 2 fighter just for the hell of it.

p-47M... proof that pretty planes ain't always the best.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

yes, the thunderbolt. the "jug" most is familiar with is the the p-47d, but the p-47M were in a class all its own.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/quarters/9485/P-47M.html

googled for your reading pleasure.

HA! Good Fun!

Warthog A10 also proves pretty isn't always best. As id the Mi-24 Hind helicopter.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Being basically a ground-pounder, I prefer my close support planes like the A10 and C130 Spectres. A B52 (which i assume is what you are referring to) is damn near as likely to drop things on you as the enemy.

-Elwood Blues

Not to mention it's 30mm Avenger tank hunter cannon, capable of fireing uranium-depleted rounds. :wacko:

I must admit though, there's something awesome about Russian military aircrafts, I wish we would acquire some of these:

Mi24-Hind-helicopter-wallpaperb.jpg>_<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Ooooo, it could even chase down Me-262s.  Very impressive :(

"Other Allied fighters who encountered the Me 262 included the British Hawker Tempest Mk.V and the Soviet Lavochkin La-7. The Tempest was the first Allied plane to shoot down a Me262, and won number of victories over these jet fighters, while the Lavochkin was the only Soviet fighter to encounter a German jet, with La-7 ace Ivan Nikitovich Kozhedub figthing and downing one Me262 jet on February 15, 1945 over eastern Germany. Kozhedub apparently later said that his success was mainly due to the Me262 pilot attempting to out-turn his more manoeuverable plane."

Source: http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jsessi...mitt%20Me%20262

The russians shot down ONE Me-262! Apparently the best way of defeating the Messerschmidt was to attack it while it was taking off or landing.. Says a lot.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And to think that the best pilot of WW2 flew not a messerschmidt, nor a spitfire or a mustang... but a regular old crappy Ju-87 Stuka Bomber

germany4d_ju87.jpg

rudel_farbe1.jpg

Hans-Ulrich Rudel

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

easiest way to deal with me-262s were to let them fly 'bout 10 hours... then their engines would fail... but their speed and rate o' climb made them very impressive in the role of interceptor. too bad for germany that they were used so often in bombing roles.

HA! Good Fun!

And to think that the best pilot of WW2 flew not a messerschmidt, nor a spitfire or a mustang...  but a regular old crappy Ju-87 Stuka Bomber

Hans-Ulrich Rudel

is somewhat misleading... for two reasons. while we got no doubt that hans were one o' the greatest ww2 pilots (if not the greatest,) when he were flying a ju-87 he were flying in early part of war over the eastern front. later he switched to a bf-109. am not sure of final split per aircraft.

HA! Good Fun!