Military Aircraft

Lucius

In total, it is estimated that he flew almost 2,000 Stuka sorties, plus an estimated 400 in Focke-Wulf 190, during which time he destroyed almost 2,000 ground targets (more than 500 tanks), as well as a battleship, two cruisers and a destroyer, amongst other "kills". He was shot down 32 times (behind enemy lines), always somehow managing to escape capture despite Stalin personally having a 100.000 rouble bounty placed on his head.

Maybe comrade Stalin should have offered the bounty in another currency,

:)"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Without intending any disrespect to the men concerned, you have to wonder whether the official records are really impartial given the batmilking craziness of the respective authorities. Sinking a battleship with a tactical bomber sounds like someone was telling porkies.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He had several squadrons with him at the time and the ship was attacked whilst anchored in the harbour. Still, most of the great Battleships that was sunk during WW2 were by aerial attacks.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Good point. I apologise for casting doubt on the principle. Nevertheless, i didn't think light planes like the fw190, and stuka were responsible.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well stukas were designed for bombing, and a few well placed bomb hits could be devastating.

Although I would think that most battleship bombings from dive bombers would have required a larger amount of dive bombers...so much so that you couldn't really credit a single guy with the kill.

Now a torpedo bomber on the other hand...

Also, an unconfirmed report has it that one factor was the fact that the YF-23 had its internal AAMs "stacked" in its bays, while the YF-22's missiles each had a bay to themselves; this meant that, on the YF-23, a malfunction in one launcher might prevent the launch of another missile in the same bay.

That's true, it's an advantage of the F-22.

I could probably show some pictures of accidents with the YF-23 as well....if it had been chosen instead of the YF-22.

F-22 had crashes as well my friend....A problem with a flight-control system caused an F-22 Raptor to crash on the runway at Nellis AFB, on Dec. 20th 2004 according to a US Air Force report ;)"

Although I don't know why Hildegard disregards the YF-22's manouverability with the following qualifying statement ("even though this was not a mandatory USAF requirement").  I'm sure it's not his words and he just copied and pasted it from somewhere, but I can't understand what the point is of saying it.  Sure the thrust vectoring isn't a requirement, but the increased manouverability is certainly a nice bonus.

Yes, the thrust vectoring wasn't a mandatory USAF requirement, it is a nice bonus, but you don't pick a plane for production based on 'bonuses' .....in my opinion the F-23 is better because of its bigger range and better ability to be fully stealth unlike the F-22 who's having major problems with that regarding his heat signature.

But then again, the F-22 and F-23 have their advantages and disadvantages, so really it could of been both ways, but it's history now and let's leave it there ;)

Here's one of the best fighter jets in the world and by many the best: EFA-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon

Ef2000_07.jpg

Made in Europe :thumbsup:

EF2000.jpg

>_<

Nice and smooth, I like that design.

It's also a bonus that they're equipped with the Iron Cross insignia. :-

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

F-22 had crashes as well my friend....A problem with a flight-control system caused an F-22 Raptor to crash on the runway at Nellis AFB, on Dec. 20th 2004 according to a US Air Force report 

Yes I know. You posted pictures of them.