Getting the idea.... i think

After finishing a game called 'Star Wars: Knights of the old republic', i smile at myself and asy 'Geez, what a game! I loved it!'. I look at my screen, watching Darth Malak stare at me, with his arms crossed, behind a layer of smoke... or black gas... or whatever it is.

Months later, i hear a second game is coming out. I tell myself, 'Wait... so soon? Wow! Bioware was very fast this time'. Later, i figure out that my favorite game-making company didn't make this sequel. It was another company, who was a good friend of Bioware, called Obsidian entertainment. So i tell myself, 'Well... if they're good pals, i guess the game will still be good! Hahahaha!' (Don't ask about the laugh).

The game is out! I rush to the nearest shop to find the game! 'There it is! MINE!!'. I leap towards the shelf and snatch it with my left hand and i bring it to the counter. I buy the game. I return to my jolly house.

I insert the CD in the computer. My beast starts loading the launcher and i click on the 'Install' button.

The game is installed! So i start the game.

Two weeks later... i cry.

Why did i cry?

Was it because my girlfriend had left me? No! ... i had no girlfriend! Then why?

Kotor II.

Picture this: A game you were wating for so long... (Though i shouldn't be surprised, since sequels tend to be worse than the originals) and it turns out that it wasn't as good as the first one... it was TOO confusing and it seemed like the story couldn't hold itself. Sure, i loved the new force powers and crystals and the cool jedi robes but... the story... it tore itself apart!

I question myself why. I couldn't explain it. Why did the game have such a strange and irregular story? Why did i think the original game was far better than this one, knowing that this game had awesome jedi robes?

So i start searching in google (Google, you rock!). I find people saying stuff about missing parts in the game and conversations which were... gone. Vanished. Like a magician with his black hat taking out a bunny and then making it disappear.

(Continued)

I find out that there ARE missing parts in the story. I read rumours, stories and such... but the only way to find out is to ask in the official forum of the game. So, here i am, asking a simple... asking SOME simple questions.

What are these missing parts? How do they fit in the story? What the hell happened with the romance? The drama? Where is the story itself? Where is the action?

You know, when i played the first one, it felt like there was this... motion. It's like if there is some kind of 'thing' which makes you feel part of the game, part of the action. You feel like you are the character you control. And when you fight and discover more of the plot and the secrets... you are surprised. It catches you off-guard. You are stunned because you discovered something which you would have never guessed. Even with all the clues given to you in the beginning of the game, i never thought the character which you control is Revan.

In this sequel i simply didn't understand it. The story was breaking apart. What the hell was up with Kreia, planning everything from the beginning? What's up with Bao-Dur? What happens in the end? I didn't get what Goto meant when he was talking to the other droid in Malachor at all since there were MISSING *cough* elements in the story.

I need answers!

Thx for the story though.  :thumbsup:

Agreed. I felt much the same, though when I joined the boards it was all still quite new and some people were getting a little overheated. :D

The cut stuff was originally uncovered by Aurora, local superstar and mod heroine. You can find it here (easiest to read on page 2).

Some of the cut content remains on the disc, enough to make partial restoration possible. The restoration team can be found here.

There are countless threads in the spoilers forum about different aspects of the game and what they meant and why they were in the form they were. Enjoy the ride! :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I alot of stuff was cut. LA rushed the game like hell but there's hope!

Team Gizka

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

No! ... i had no girlfriend!

Herewith lies ze problehm.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds