KOTOR 2

You don't get it, do you?

Because KOTOR 2 will have ALL NEW CHARACTERS, it will be a COMPLETELY NEW STORY.

The story from KOTOR 1 remains untouched, and the new story is just that, a new story that carries on during the time of the Old Republic - we are talking about 10,000 years here - we can have stories that don't affect each other in that span of time...

Actually, there has been no indication given yet that if made KOTOR2 would be all new characters or not a direct sequel or that it would be a completely new storyline. There were two endings to the game. They could choose one, such as Revan and Bastila becoming the new Sith Lords, and run with it. In that case, you would play a new character this time, not Revan with amnesia.

I don't think KOTOR2 will turn out with the Infinity Engine. :lol:

We all know it's also a console title, and a RPG. So I'm pretty sure it's 3rd person, as Kotor1 was. Still I hope OE can turn out a different KOTOR2 rather than the typical sequel that many people are expecting.

Programming a new engine for this would be a waste of time if you ask me. But it's possible that OE is using the Jade Empire engine....who knows.

Because KOTOR 2 will have ALL NEW CHARACTERS, it will be a COMPLETELY NEW STORY.

Then its not a sequel.

Maybe successor would be a better term then? :lol:

As for other things you've said... I agree it needs to be more true to the rules set.

I still prefer isometrice view than over the shoulder. I still prefer the Infinity Engine and the Steam Engine over the Aurora engine in its derivitives.

In a sense I agree with you but the over-the-shoulder view isn't without its advantages. For instance I really liked the way the camera panned around during dialogues, making them really look cinematic, almost out of a movie.

Maybe in the future things might be isometric, then important dialogues zoom in and change angle (camera changes for generic one-liners is overkill).

Spreading beauty with my katana.

It is KotOR2.

You have to be at least semi-retarded to think otherwise.

I hope you realize you've made a semi-attack on anyone who doesn't instantly go "oooow it's KoTOR2" including those who wish to wait and see what is announced and those who are unsure.

Be unsure or undecided all you want. In this case, it just doesn't make you the brightest bulb in the bunch. I guess VB wasn't FO3 either, right? Since it was never announced. :p

But hey, if you don't think its KOTOR2, wanna bet? :lol:

My problem with the first game's story was that it was a little too predictable and cliched.

I'd prefer something more unique for the sequel. Perhaps if MCA is designer on it, it will be. Of course the game is more than just the story so overall the game was pretty good imho.

So explain to us how a sequal can "ruin" a game that's been out and played by millions? All a sequal can ruin is said sequal and probably the chances of a third game.

Tell that to DeusEX players ...

Here here.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

So explain to us how a sequal can "ruin" a game that's been out and played by millions? All a sequal can ruin is said sequal and probably the chances of a third game.

I just can't get how a bad sequel would ruin the expirence you had with the first game, but I'm not one of those people that freak out if the story of the sequel tells the events of the previous game differently than I played them out. That doesn't make me feel like I wasted my time on the other game, I still had fun, after all. That is still the end goal, right? Having fun? So, if an altered storyline can somehow manage to "crush" your perception of a previous game and suddenly make it "not fun" in your memories....maybe you take these things too seriously?

Other than that, I can't think of even one other arguement about how a poor sequel can ruin the previous game. If you enjoyed KOTOR, and KOTOR2 sucks, why would the expirence of KOTOR be changed? I can think of quite a few sequels that didn't stack up to the previous game, and they didn't ruin anything for me. When a sequel doesn't stack up to the original, it hurts my impression of the sequel, not the original. If anything, a poor sequel reminds me how good the original was. Now a sequel that is MUCH better than the original can make my impressions of the previous game change, as the benchmark has grown. I still remember how fun Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past was, but its not quite the amazing game I remember after I played Ocarina of Time. The benchmark was raised. Windwalker wasn't as good as those other two, but that only makes me remember those other two games with fonder memories. I don't suddenly think all Zelda games suck because a "sequel" wasn't as good as the previous game, even after I played Majora's Mask.*

*The ranking of zelda games was personal opinion, but you get my point.

Explain to me, in detail if you don't mind, how Dues Ex The Invisible war can suddenly make Dues Ex an unplayable game.

Explain to me, in detail if you don't mind, how Dues Ex The Invisible war can suddenly make Dues Ex an unplayable game.

heh, nevermind, I'm dumb