Optical Illusions

Morgoth

Where am I?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

This amnesia dust smells like gunpowder...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wait a minute...

I think he's trying to blow us up!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Did anyone else think the vaunted Illusion #3, even with the swatch pulled 'down', the center pieces didn't look the same color? Close, but not exactly same. One was still more yellow than the other.

The others tho - I've seen a lot of stuff like that before. My brother was really into them...plus I've been a guinea pig for...stuff.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Extra sick fish* need *special training* for extra *fun*.

We will have a *happy party* now.

That lingo is giving me serious Ur-Quan vibes...

i never could figure out if the Orz were good guys or not... :rolleyes:

they got seriously angry if you kept asking them about the Androsynth

anyway, enough Starcon talk

i'm surprised no one has posted that staircase thingy. that is like the classic optical illusion :cool:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Did anyone else think the vaunted Illusion #3, even with the swatch pulled 'down', the center pieces didn't look the same color? Close, but not exactly same. One was still more yellow than the other.

If I hold the mask over the picture for a while, I can see that they are the same colour. But if I just move the mask over it for a few seconds, they still look different. I guess that's evidence of the power of the illusion.

The scary picture scared me. :blink: But then, they say that a certain amount of fear and surprises is actually good for your health. :D It was funny - I'm just glad I wasn't drinking my tea at the time.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

We've actually managed to derail and come back ontrack. Amazing, these Muggles! Anyhow, that moving picture thing creeps me out also.

I wan't too terribly impressed with the first set of optical illussions, but I thought the 3rd looked really cool. It worked for me the first try. I think the second one is the most impressive.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So I'm curious how many people can see those 'pictures' in the 3D random-noise looking displays that were the rage for a short time.

I never could.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So I'm curious how many people can see those 'pictures' in the 3D random-noise looking displays that were the rage for a short time.

I never could.

There is a trick you can use. Draw two dots on top of the pictures. Staring at those dots until there are exactly three of them. Then move you eyes towards the picture, and you should have it.

Try it next time -_- , it might work.

I've been told 'how to's' before...tho I don't remember if I ever tried that exact one. Was a while ago.

But doesn't matter. I still don't see them. :thumbsup:

I can't see them either. And I recently played an adventure game that had those pictures as one of its puzzles. I had to ask my girlfriend to help me! Humiliating. Oddly enough, I don't remember which game it was, but seeing as I spent part of my summer at my mom's house, I'm guessing it was one of hers.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

:p It's always quite easy for me to see them, since I have a book full of those. After a while, I can even see 3D features in tablecloth, bathroom floor tiles or anything else with repetitive patterns :thumbsup: .

If you read those patterns following the same way you read those 3D-pictures, you can see the patterns get much larger and two layers of them appear :) . (No, I was not smoking anything when I did it.)

Give it a try when nobody else is around.