Defensive build vs Offensive build

Guest The_lone_exile

I had plenty of hard battles in KotOR1, when i first played the game. After my 2nd time through I knew what kind of build to use so otherwise it was pretty easy.

Maybe thats why KotOR2 was so easy.  :thumbsup:

yay for reading the manual... and for knowing how the d20 system works....

My favourite build for K2 is the skill monkey. 16 INT Sentinel, skill points in all the ones that matter. (no points in persuade or stealth), and when you reach level 15, go for the watchman. That way, you can level all of the skills.... there's an obscene amount of experience available in the game from defusing mines and opening locked doors.....

Coupled with a "defensive" build (high dex, finesse, robes), can make for a truly overpowered build. force enlightenment + double sabre + maxed flurry = besting Sion in 1 round, even on a dex-based build.

K1 was harder, but mainly only because you only got to level 20. If they'd thought it through, they would have buffed up the baddies in K2 more than they did Malak, but in the end the stats were about the same... :)

K1 was harder, but mainly only because you only got to level 20. If they'd thought it through, they would have buffed up the baddies in K2 more than they did Malak, but in the end the stats were about the same... :thumbsup:

That wasn't the reason for any difficulty considering that enemies scale to your level anyways, so even though you could get above level 20 in K2, so could your enemies.

The games were both easy. The end.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest The_lone_exile

can someone answer something about battle precognition, i gave my jedi sentinal 14 wisdom at the start cuz i planned on getting battle precognition from the handmaiden which i got just now, but it doesnt seem to be contributing to my AC at all...can someone help? also my armor doesnt restrict force use so either it doesnt work or something is messed

14 Wis, that would be +2 modifier

So +2 AC...

Note that Battle Precognition adds the modifier to AC, not that number (14)

[Query]: Would your AC decrease with this Power and 8 Wis???

(EDIT: Fixed the numbers... :"> Base is 10)

Edited by Battlewookiee

Guest The_lone_exile

i realize that battlewookie, but i checked my AC b4 i got battle precognition and after and it didnt increase at all

You checked the AC on the ship itself?

It is a known bug that, if you check AC on the Ebon Hawk, it will be a fixed number...

All members have the same number, despite what they wear...

For the record, 10 is the base, not 12. 14 should be +2

Oops :">

It would be better if it was 12, with all these mega-bonusses everywhere..., but that doesn't make me less wrong in the last post

Guest The_lone_exile

yea but i obviously checked it when i got off the ebon hawlk as well, and the number did not change, i even checked during battle because when i got it, it said that it adds your wisdom modifier to your ac in BATTLE, and it still didnt change...bah thats just lame

That's odd.

Next time (With Precognision) strip yourself from all items and take a beating (NO Force Powers, stims, shields and such).

Then head for the Quest tab, feedback, then click Combat.

You will see XXX attacked (PC's Name) with Attack XX VS. Defense XX

Scroll down to the Defense Breakdown. You will see something like this:

Defense Breakdown: 33 = Base 10 + dex mod 3 + class 18 + feats and effects mod 2

Now let's breakdown the breakdown;

Base: Always given

Dex mod: Modifier of Dexterity (+3, 16 in this case)

Class: This one is the added bonus of Prestige Sense and Greater Prestige Sense

Feats and effects: BATTLE PRECOGNISITION (In my case +2, 14)

It does work

Yes

also note the AC-Bonus is already included in the total (as displayed on both inventory and character screen), so unless you equip +wis items for atleast +2 (1 modifier) you will see no difference, since the difference is already inside...

Also it won't up suddenly by *wis modifier* in battle, since it is already in the total Always...

Guest The_lone_exile

so your saying u wont see the increase in armor unless u add points to wisdom after u get battle precognition?

I thought it would work with the "Special" armor made so a jedi could still use his power.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have always really thought that in a SW point of view (not necessarily KotOR) that a defensive build would be better, as eventually you would be well protected enough to be able to spot weaknesses or chances to break oppositions defence, although that is a bit too RL than KotOR has really.

Offensive build is usually the way it is for me on KotOR, i like to be able to, as someone said earlier in this thread, strike someone down in the game before they have the chance to get my PC back, its the best defence really :).

Guest The_lone_exile

well i added to my wisdom and sadly my defense didnt increase, i guess it doesnt work, damn this game has too many glitches