Defensive build vs Offensive build

Guest The_lone_exile

Honestly I don't find any of the DS powers that appealing.

Insanity's ok - it's basically Stasis, and seems much more evil to slice up someone while they're going nuts with bad dreams (or whatever insanity does) than Force Storm them to death.

Death Field makes sense, too - to hurt another to make yourself stronger.

Force Confuse (or whatever the advanced Mind Trick is called) is pretty evil too - forcing an enemy to kill his friends for you, only to come to his senses a few seconds later, and get slaughtered by you - I'm not sure it should be universal, in the way its applied in the game.

Most of those status effects don't seem necessary. If you build around melee, then you can cut a path through most anything in the game with little trouble. Kreia then casts LS buffs on you to even further remove any difficulty from the equation, which can be compounded with Force Wave, which does damage, spaces out your enemies, and stuns them as well.

Ender - I don't disagree with you at all. Big picture, with a few smart choices, the game's too easy to exploit the various advantages (one major one being having Kreia in your party whenever possible - force bond, influence tricks, and XP bonus).

However, I have much more fun trying to actually role play - which usually means bringing along someone else - most (not all, by any means, but most) Exiles would get tired of her crap pretty quickly.

The angle I played was one of serious contemplation. When I discovered that the severing of my Force powers was really self-inflicted, I had to consider the repercussions of my actions in the past.

Was I really right? Was I a fool looking at the immediate situation with no eyes towards the future? When Kreia cautioned me towards not attracting attention I had to acknowledge that she had a point. She also seemed to be the one person in the universe willing to help me get any answers, even if she was bitchy.

I didn't always follow her suggested course of action, but I wanted to learn what I could from her and reexamine the path of the Jedi.

Guest The_lone_exile

so i think we can agree its a matter of role play to see which one you prefer, defensive or offensive, since the game isnt very difficult

I seem to subconsciously play a different style depending on my alignment. I find myself being more passive and defensive if I am LS, but more aggresive and offensive if I'm DS.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hahahaha.

But to give yourself credit, you were just acting out in the SciFi universe.

You could argue that you DO differentiate between fantasy and reality, and that you associate the rules of the Star Wars universe to Star Wars games.

Although I think calling you a murderer while you play corrupting murder simulators might be a bit easier.

Hahahaha.

But to give yourself credit, you were just acting out in the SciFi universe.

Uh....yeah....only when I am acting out in the Sci Fi universe.... *nervous laugh* hehe..... :) :ph34r:

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest The_lone_exile

i have a question about kotor 1 story line cuz i only got to kyshysk or w/e the hell its called, when do you find out that your main character is revan and how does it happen? and also what happens with bastila...does she join the dark side or something?

i have a question about kotor 1 story line cuz i only got to kyshysk or w/e the hell its called, when do you find out that your main character is revan and how does it happen? and also what happens with bastila...does she join the dark side or something?

1-Aboard the Leviathan after a confrontation with Malak

2-Yes, with the option to turn her back or kill her.

Guest The_lone_exile

i did play kotor 1 but i got distracted while i was doing the wookie planet which i cant spell properly and didnt get to finish the game, i think i was distracted by halo 2, cuz i only borrowed kotor 1 from a friend around the time halo 2 was coming out