Do you think Kotor Was A waste?

Jediphile - I think your post has calmed my thoughts about KotOR II, and has shead some logic to some of my thinking.. Thank You!  (w00t)

You're welcome. I guess I just love speculating about the surprises they have in story. Not that I like games that are intentionally mysterious and deliberately leave things vague and unsaid. But I don't get that impression in K2.

The KOTOR series could have gotten much more respect without the complete bombshell that was KOTOR2.

I personally would have waited another 2-6 months for them to finish all of the scenes and make the gameplay smoother. If the game was fully completed with all of the cut content, no doubt that it would have won much much more awards.

The KOTOR series could have gotten much more respect without the complete bombshell that was KOTOR2.

I personally would have waited another 2-6 months for them to finish all of the scenes and make the gameplay smoother. If the game was fully completed with all of the cut content, no doubt that it would have won much much more awards.

The game won RPG of the Year awards so it wasn't a complete bombshell.

The reality is that when the game was in development, fans on this board did scream for an early release. I suggested an early release would hurt the game. Most people didn't seem to want to wait longer. And LucasArts didn't seem to want to pay to finish the game.

The reality is that when the game was in development, fans on this board did scream for an early release.  I suggested an early release would hurt the game.  Most people didn't seem to want to wait longer.  And LucasArts didn't seem to want to pay to finish the game.

It's just our luck that Lucasarts decided to listen to the n00bs who wanted phat l00t, uber levels and a rushed game, rather than those of us who wanted a complete game. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

K2 was actually quite respectable given that it only had a 1 year development cycle. That being said, by the time you reach the end of the game, its 1 year dev. cycle becomes rather apparent. Also, the problem with the KotOR games (as with the Matrix movies), is that people hold it to too high a standard.

manthing2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

K2 did challenge K1 in some ways in terms of dialogue choices and rather than taking you through the game spontaneously, allows you flexibility in customising your character's abilities. The only thing about that is that at the starting screen when my character played as a Sentinel, Guardian or Consular, their clothes looked almost the same. Where is the sense of variety in that?

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧