Canada provokes the Kingdom of Denmark!

Lucius

Good, you do that. I know how important it is to you guys. :(

*That* is why you failed...

Why, sure we failed, but your own status as a great power was crushed with our help during the Great Northern War, we're not the only ones having lost a great deal of power here, my dear Swede. :)

Anyway, all I care about is Sk

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Good, you do that. I know how important it is to you guys. :(

Why, sure we failed, but your own status as a great power was crushed with our help during the Great Northern War, we're not the only ones having lost a great deal of power here, my dear Swede. :)

I'd hardly credit Denmark too much for our downfall in the GNW. It was rather a case of Charles XII's strategical incompetence combined with half of Europe standing against us (particularly a Russian state turned tiger under Peter the Great).

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

And now theyre trying to poison us by sneaking foul Danish pork into our fine Swedish supermarkets.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Good, you do that. I know how important it is to you guys. :wub:

Why, sure we failed, but your own status as a great power was crushed with our help during the Great Northern War, we're not the only ones having lost a great deal of power here, my dear Swede. :wub:

I'd hardly credit Denmark too much for our downfall in the GNW. It was rather a case of Charles XII's strategical incompetence combined with half of Europe standing against us (particularly a Russian state turned tiger under Peter the Great).

Well our fleet kept yours defeated throughout most of the war, making you unable to reinforce your German assets. That's something, no? :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Our fleet was doomed anyway with English entry (your fleet would have been exterminated if it wasn't for peace being negotiated in 1700, after your backstabbing plans went awry :wub: ). Besides, our German possessions were pretty doomed too anyway once Brandenburg decided to be brave when our every neighbour already fought us. It literally took Russia, Poland/Saxony, Brandenburg, England/Hannover and Denmark/Norway to beat the Caroline Army, and we might even have won it if our King would have been able to see the bigger picture instead of just being this stubborn lunatic who happened to be a good warrior on the battlefield. So there. :wub:

That's not what I've read, in a swedish history encyclopedia no less. The Dutch and Danish fleets were arbitrarily exterminating yours on a yearly basis. You were hopelessly outgunned at sea, as was pretty much the case throughout all our wars. :wub:

You're right though, it took a large coalition of nations to bring down the giant bully. :wub:

DENMARK!

The Dutch and Danish fleets

Oh, I forgot about them too!

You were hopelessly outgunned at sea, as was pretty much the case throughout all our wars.  :)

I won't dispute that we mainly were a land power (which is kind of odd considering our ambition to have the Baltic Sea as an inland sea, but there you have Charles XII again, since he consistently neglected the fleet).

You're right though, it took a large coalition of nations to bring down the giant bully.  :wub:

Bully Schmully. :wub:

The Dutch and Danish fleets

Oh, I forgot about them too!

There's always one more, the Dutch really didn't like you. :D

You were hopelessly outgunned at sea, as was pretty much the case throughout all our wars.  ;)

I won't dispute that we mainly were a land power (which is kind of odd considering our ambition to have the Baltic Sea as an inland sea, but there you have Charles XII again, since he consistently neglected the fleet).

And you were good at that, I'll be the first to admit that we sucked in land warfare.

You're right though, it took a large coalition of nations to bring down the giant bully.  :wub:

Bully Schmully. :wub:

:)

DENMARK!

And you were good at that, I'll be the first to admit that we sucked in land warfare.

Of course you sucked when they had a bunch of warriors like 'olaf' here fighting on their side:

olaf.jpg

:ph34r:

Olaf isn't a Danish name dude, sorry. :ermm:

DENMARK!

Although the thread has to do with Denmark and Canada, please use English in your comments.

Yes, will the posters please refrain in the future from posting in anything that resembles Danish or Canadian! :ermm:"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

rofl... how exactly can you tell if someone is talking in Canadian? they use "ehh" every few words?

What's that supposed to mean, eh?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

When did anyone write something that wasn't English? :p

And omfg, they made Eldar a mod. :ph34r:

DENMARK!

Olaf isn't a Danish name dude, sorry.  :p

If you read more carefully you'll see I was refering 'Olaf' was a Swede not Danish

Olaf isn't a Swedish name either. But it's a common Hollywood stereotype to think so, apparently. One would actually be called Olof, which isn't such a common name anymore (although one of my best friends is called Olof).

But your Danish warrior from the pic is pot on, though. :geek:

When did anyone write something that wasn't English?  ;)

Seconded. I mean, wtf?

Olaf isn't a Danish name dude, sorry.  :p

If you read more carefully you'll see I was refering 'Olaf' was a Swede not Danish

Olaf isn't a Swedish name either. But it's a common Hollywood stereotype to think so, apparently. One would actually be called Olof, which isn't such a common name anymore (although one of my best friends is called Olof).

But your Danish warrior from the pic is pot on, though. ;)

When did anyone write something that wasn't English?  :geek:

Seconded. I mean, wtf?

I think the warrior is supposed to resemble a Swedish warrior, though. ;)

DENMARK!

He had red on him, that make him either Danish or Norweigan :lol:"

Hydorgen> Would it be alright if I was to write the above in a dutch accent?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "