Pure Pazaak

OK, when I click 'Open' on when it asks me to load, it won't load for me...any suggestions? PLEASE HELP, I WANT TO PLAY! :(

What "Open" thing? The download window? The Continue button to load the player? I don't know what you're referring to.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

As I said on the PM the channel is OPEN #purepazaak @ GameSurge !

He's referring to an IRC channel. If you don't know what IRC is then a simple Google or whatever search should get you the basics which is all you need.

I don't know much about IRC myself but what I do know is that IRC is the perfect game lobby. IRC has all those file transfer and other stuff I know nothing about but the basic use is that it's a chat room which supports private/direct chats and a list of the people currently in the channel.

Heh, I don't even have mIRC installed.

Edit

Step-by-step of what eXtortion says below (does not install mIRC):

1. Go to: www.gamesurge.net/chat/ (requires Java)

2. When it loads you'll automatically connect to GameSurge - let it finish.

3. Type into the command thingy: /nick nickname , where nickname is your desired nickname.

4. Type: /join #purepazaak to join the channel

5. If you join and no one is there, I urge you to stay there if you can incase someone else comes along

6. Let's say there's a bunch of people connected. To announce that you're free to play a match, just type the chat message and press Enter.

7. What you want to do now will vary, but to let's say you want start a private chat session to respond to someone's offer (and tell them your details like your or their IP, etc). Double-click their name from the list of people and a new chat window will appear in the Private taskbar section.

8. Organise and play!

You can copy and paste the commands.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

If you do not wish to install mIRC you may use a java plugin.

www.gamesurge.net/chat/

write /nick NICK

to change to a desired nick (replace NICK with the desired nick)

then write /join #purepazaak

to join the channel

you may wish to register an accout first at www.gamesurge.net

Also it is recommended to install mIRC as it is more simple yet more advaneced then the java applet. (you may even wish to install a Script to make it even more simple and with easier access to many options. I recommend nnscript(www.nnscript.com))

OK, when I click 'Open' on when it asks me to load, it won't load for me...any suggestions? PLEASE HELP, I WANT TO PLAY! :)

What "Open" thing? The download window? The Continue button to load the player? I don't know what you're referring to.

Yeah, download window, it won't continue after I press 'Open'. o:)

Try pressing 'Download' rather than 'Open'.

When I pressed 'Run' it didn't do any loading as far as I could tell...sometimes I hate not knowing much about computers... :- EDIT: But on the window where it asks me to 'Run' or 'Save' it does say Compressed (Zipped) Folder...

For Windows XP:

Click on it (Right Mouse Button)

Select open

Select from the screen to the left "unpack all items"

Just follow the steps of the Wizard...

When I pressed 'Run' it didn't do any loading as far as I could tell...sometimes I hate not knowing much about computers... :luck: EDIT: But on the window where it asks me to 'Run' or 'Save' it does say Compressed (Zipped) Folder...

For Windows XP:

Select open

Now when I try doing anything with it, it says

Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server at k0m3k.net

When I pressed 'Run' it didn't do any loading as far as I could tell...sometimes I hate not knowing much about computers... >_< EDIT: But on the window where it asks me to 'Run' or 'Save' it does say Compressed (Zipped) Folder...

For Windows XP:

Select open

Now when I try doing anything with it, it says

Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.

I didn't finish uploading the files last night - I've finished it now so it's back again.

sigpic0yb.jpg

I pressed 'Save' and it started loading( :- ), i'll just get it outta compressed folder after it loads...how do you get it outta folder? Prolly easy and I used to know but Ive forgotten...

Nevermind, got it ;)

What the, it playing without any text, I downloaded it, downloaded the patch, then there was no text on the cards or anything, anyone got any suggestions? :lol:

What the, it playing without any text, I downloaded it, downloaded the patch, then there was no text on the cards or anything, anyone got any suggestions? :thumbsup:

Did you follow through the basic steps of the setup guide after downloading and unpacking? (the guide is on post #54 in this thread). Like have you copied the fonts into the Windows Font folder? If you're not getting any backgrounds or graphics have you downloaded the Comctl32.ocx (from the download page on website)?

Pretty clear you're not as "seasoned" on computers so just give out another yell if the install guide pics aren't clear enough :rolleyes: .

sigpic0yb.jpg