Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 3 (OBS-03)

I gave him quite long enough to submit them. If I do not have them by this evening at 2400 UTC I will void his builds. And we will continue to Spring 03, due tomorrow. If he has not submitted orders by then. he will be evicted and we will need another player.

There is only one possible build he can do. An army in both places. Why not just give Austria those builds? :-

Orders are still due tomorrow?  It's kind of hard to make appropriate plans if you're not sure what's going on with Austria.

They are due only if Austria does not submit build orders. Otherwise, I will give extension as necessary, though I would still like to continue quickly. Also, Skynet, it would help if you sent me your orders ahead of time, such that if you forget AGAIN you would have something to fall back on.

There is only one possible build he can do. An army in both places. Why not just give Austria those builds? :-

Two reasons:

1. I am the GM, and as such must be a neutral party. It is not my responsibility to look after any one country, but instead to maintain the integrity of the entire game. If a player does not give me orders, I cannot ethically make them up, even if there was only one option.

2. If Bokishi does not submit orders for W02 or S03, it will display to me that he does not have the dedication required to play this game. Thereby, we will locate a replacement.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

2. If Bokishi does not submit orders for W02 or S03, it will display to me that he does not have the dedication required to play this game. Thereby, we will locate a replacement.

I thought I emailed you my winter builds 2 days ago. Have you checked? Also I sent in 2 orders but by accident labeled my second set of orders as "spring builds" it should just say spring moves.

Corrections

AUSTRIA

These are illegal move orders:

A Ser S A Tri - Tyr

A Bud S A Tri - Tyr

page 8 of the manual:

Simple Support

A unit does not have to be adjacent to the unit it is supporting. However, it must be next to the province into which it is giving support and must be able to legally move there itself.

So the result is a 3:2 win for ITALY

A Tyr - Tri

If there is no retreat submitted for AUSTRIA A Tri, then it is disbanded.

FRANCE

F ENG S RUSSIAN F Nwy - NTH

Rule 11: A dislodged unit, even with support, has no effect on the province that dislodged it. (page 23)

If there is no retreat order for FRANCE F ENG, then it is disbanded to make way for:

ENGLAND F NTH - ENG supported by

GERMANY F Bel

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

FRANCE

Rule 11: A dislodged unit, even with support, has no effect on the province that dislodged it. (page 23)

If there is no retreat order for F ENG, then it is disbanded to make way for:

GERMANY F Bel

Except that F ENG was supported by F Bre, and F Bel's support was cut by A Pic. :rolleyes:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

FRANCE

If there is no retreat order for F ENG, then it is disbanded to make way for:

GERMANY F Bel

Except that F ENG was supported by F Bre, and F Bel's support was cut by A Pic. :)

Ah, absolutely correct. (Good spotting of my deliberate mistake to see if anyone was watching.)

Sorry, I was just checking my working then to make sure I hadn't missed anything else ...

So that means there is a stand-off between:

ENGLAND F NTH - ENG and

FRANCE F ENG (because it is not moving into the NTH)

because

GERMANY F Bel (support cut: Rule 13)

;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Corrections

AUSTRIA

These are illegal move orders:

A Ser S A Tri - Tyr

A Bud S A Tri - Tyr

page 8 of the manual:

Simple Support

A unit does not have to be adjacent to the unit it is supporting. However, it must be next to the province into which it is giving support and must be able to legally move there itself.

So the result is a 3:2 win for ITALY

A Tyr - Tri

If there is no retreat submitted for AUSTRIA A Tri, then it is disbanded.

I kind of had to guess as to what Bokishi intended, as his orders were rather unclear in parts. The orders as I received them are as follows:

A Tri-Tyr

A Ser S A Tri

A Bud S A Tri

A Vie S A Tri-Tyr

F Gre-HOLD

So I first had to interpret them, then I had to figure out the rules. As I said, the rules .pdf was down when I last looked, and I did these in kind of a hurry, so...yeah.

I find it kind of sad

Except that a defensive support order is illegal when the supported unit is ordered to move. Thus, since A Tri did not hold, A Bud S A Tri and A Ser S A Tri are illegal. Thus, the three prong attack defeats the two defenders and Italy moves into Trieste.

I find it kind of sad

I'm confused.  How did Russia end up in the NTH sea?  He attacked with a strength of one, and France's support was cut.  Where did the English fleet in the NTH sea go?

"Support is cut if the unit giving support is attacked from any province except the one where support is being given."

(Cutting Support, p10)

Thus F NTH-ENG does not cut F ENG S RUSSIAN F Nwy-NTH.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Except that a defensive support order is illegal when the supported unit is ordered to move. Thus, since A Tri did not hold, A Bud S A Tri and A Ser S A Tri are illegal. Thus, the three prong attack defeats the two defenders and Italy moves into Trieste.

Oh yeah, rule nine.

Now why did I think it was okay? Hmm. I originally thought this was true, then I rad something to change my mind, and now it makes sense again. :) Maybe it was rule eight? How quisquous!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT