Bombings, yet again...

Lucius

Just some interesting triva, conditions in some parts of Afghanistan are now just as bad as they were under the Taliban, local Warlords are free to do what they please. For some reason, we don't hear about this in the news.  :devil:

What did you expect that after the US and the NATO come in that suddenly all will change and everybody will live happily ever after.....

Afghanistan is a fu*king sh*t hole that nothing and nobody can't fix, it's been for the last 3000 years or so, now why would that suddenly change. The primary western interests in Afghanistan are those regarding globalsecurity and war on terror, not reconstruction or playing police and catching local thugs.

I'm not rethinking anything chump, perhaps you should.

Oh here come the insults because someone ;)" apperantly can't keep this rather civil and goes calling people names and saying what they should do, good going Lucius, you know what they say: Qualis vir, talis oratio. :devil:

Hah, says someone who says he would burn earth if these, vile dirty barbarians would ever get to power.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Translation, please.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Why don't you find someone else to play with Hilde, since I wasn't talking to you. Smart, huh? :rolleyes:

And you know what we say; Du er en forbandet nar.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Why does everyone insist on speaking in riddles?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

1) Quit talking about Islam when you talk about these terrorists! It's not respectful of muslims who disagree, and it just plain ain't so. Wahabbism is the root of the mentality. Though I dare say some few wahabbi would object to that too. But lets just call it wahabbism, as a lot of UK muslims seem to be doing it.

2) Nuking an entire region isn't funny, and we shouldn't even joke about it.

3) Nuking an entire region and tap-dancing on the ashes is funny.

4) As someone who has been interested in Afghanistan for years, and who has many Afghan friends I can tell you that you are all wrong ...and all right. It is pretty huffed at the moment, but it has been huffed for hundreds of years. Things aren't exactly tickety boo in many regions. But for once an occupying power/powers is NOT trying to impose rapid change because every time someone tried that in the past the Afghans got annoyed and booted the outsider out. Right now we are doing what they ask us to do, and letting the Afghans manage the political stuff.

Please don't even joke about the idea Afghanistan will never improve. There is a tremendous feeling over there that just maybe they can make it this time. They are great people, and deep down the are democrats inasmuch as they want to be able to make their own way in life, and they hate being pushed around. If we continue to offer help with few strings attached we may make friends, and they make friends for keeps.

And don't for a moment think the Talibs are missed. Some Pakhtun areas miss the power, and are attacking govt assets. disrupting things because they want a pkhtun govt. But that seems to be as far as it goes. The Talibs proved to be able to talk the religiously pious talk, but not walk the pious walk. Besides which they were just plain dumb. There's nothing sensible about banning women from going to work in a country where massive numbers of families only had women breadwinners becasue the men were killed in war.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So... Since you have Afhgan freinds it means you know everything about Afghanistan by default?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

So... Since you have Afhgan freinds it means you know everything about Afghanistan by default?

No. No more than I know everything about the UK. In fact I'd say the years of study probably mean more. But people don't seem to generally respect that as much, for a qualification.

I just get frustrated when I hear people saying "Oh, it's just a crud heap." Because it's a short step from there to abandoning the poor sods. And that would be a terrible shame.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No. No more than I know everything about the UK. In fact I'd say the years of study probably mean more. But people don't seem to generally respect that as much, for a qualification.

I just get frustrated when I hear people saying "Oh, it's just a crud heap." Because it's a short step from there to abandoning the poor sods. And that would be a terrible shame.

I did not mean any offence, I just don't really like when people use the "I have a freind" excuse for why they are right. I see that you didn't mean it like that now though. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Why don't you find someone else to play with Hilde, since I wasn't talking to you. Smart, huh?  :rolleyes:

Very smart Lucius, very smart....when we are responding, as pixie says, in riddles - as they say: Sunt asini multi solum bino pede fulti - you're a very good example :wub:

And you know what we say; Du er en forbandet nar.

With all do respect to Danish culture and society I find it hard to compare it with the latin language, wisdom and culture.

Hah! Well said. I agree that it sucks as an argumentative ploy. But precisely because people use it, those same people see it as valid.

No offence taken.

On the Islam point, I would highlight the recent assassinations of Muslim clerics who don't agree with the terrorism and have been speaking out against it. Muslims are dying specifically to stand up against this terrorism, so it becomes doubly important not to confuse things with sloppy phrasing.

-Elwood Blues

What good is the wisdom and culture of a language when it is wasted on you, though?

When all is said and done though; er du stadig bare en opbl

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Oh it's wasted alright, I know the smell of pompus prick, and you surround yourself with it when claiming cultural superiority just because you've memorized a few latin phrases by heart, how wise you must be indeed. :lol:

Here's another one for you; Kast ikke med sten n

DENMARK!

Would you two quit it? If you insist on a slanging match set up a separate thread.

-Elwood Blues

Fine by me, I'm done with this plaything anyhow.

Night night. :lol:

DENMARK!

claiming cultural superiority

I wasn't claiming culturale superiority or anything, I was just pointing out that I don't understand Danish and I think that no culture in Europe can compare with the one like latin other then the acient Greek..

just because you've memorized a few latin phrases by heart, how wise you must be indeed.  :)

That doesn't have to do anything with wisdom, it has to do only with the level of education regarding latin language, I hardly think that knowing latin has something to do with the perception of ones intelligence, it only has to do with the perception of ones knowladge of wide general culture.

Quit talking about Islam when you talk about these terrorists!

If this is Islam then hell yes Islam does have direct links to terrorism when this is considered an Islamic law

No, that is a militant theocracy co-incidentally based on Islam. They are no more religious than the Right Wing Christian fundamentalist who willfully and purposefully murdered a doctor who operated an abortion clinic, and who was utterly convinced that he had just received a First Class ticket to the front row of heaven.

Lumping these loonies in with innocent Muslims is just as bad as what those Iranian government terrorists are doing.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, back on topic the terrorists shot themselves in nuts because they've sent out inconsistant messages by attacking Egypt. Now they (terrorists or others) can't say it's all about Iraq (or Afghanistan/Palestine/War against terror etc if Iraq didn't "happen") since Egypt didn't take part.

However, I'm sure they (terrorists or others) will try to tack blame onto the West.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

claiming cultural superiority

I wasn't claiming culturale superiority or anything, I was just pointing out that I don't understand Danish and I think that no culture in Europe can compare with the one like latin other then the acient Greek..

just because you've memorized a few latin phrases by heart, how wise you must be indeed.  :o

That doesn't have to do anything with wisdom, it has to do only with the level of education regarding latin language, I hardly think that knowing latin has something to do with the perception of ones intelligence, it only has to do with the perception of ones knowladge of wide general culture.

DENMARK!