What's your favorite colour?

Bytor

I suppose there are an infinite number of colours, although the human eye can't distinguish between most of them. Can anyone tell the difference between 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit colour displays?

I like green. I never really understood why green is the primary colour really, but yellow is the primary colour for paint.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Magenta, cyan and yellow, yes. At least that's what my art teachers used to say.

Okay, who's alt-nick 'Hoff is?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Flatty already has a alt. Hmm... :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

You sure? You know how mad fangirls here are after 'Hoff? :-"

kirottu said:

Me? Nothing, Miss Launch.

kirottu said:

I don't have a favorite color. I don't think about colors in that way. They are just colors.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You have now angered the great and almighty Darth Launch!You will now be sentenced to an eternity of hearing the Carth-fangirl squeal Muhahahahaha :)

:-

Indeed. Poor jodo.

kirottu said:

You have now angered the great and almighty Darth Launch!You will now be sentenced to an eternity of hearing the Carth-fangirl squeal Muhahahahaha :wub:

:lol:

There's always that one guy that tries too hard to fit in. ermm.. he likes orange and green?

Indeed. Poor jodo.

You people are just cold and heartless! :angry:

At least you should guide the lost sheep back to its home:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/

:D

manthing2.jpg

I suppose there are an infinite number of colours, although the human eye can't distinguish between most of them.  Can anyone tell the difference between 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit colour displays?

No, there is not an infinite number of colours. Since colours are the effect produced by photons possessing different wavelengths (those can't be infinite since electronic orbitals are quantized) when they impact on the retina, the number of possible colours could be calculated by the combinations of all possible different amounts of colours (i.e. linear combinations). However, there are upper and lower limits in this, not physical or mathematical, but biological (a light too intense will be "considered" white by our brain even though it might not be physically so, and a light too faint will tend towards black).

That is why both black and white are colours, since a colour is nothing but a random interpretation given by our brain to different wavelengths of radiation.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The dancing albino is right.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

...electronic orbitals are quantized...

I don't have a clue what this means, but I think I understand the general thrust of your post. Fair enough. :)

If colours have no objective reality but are merely the interpretation the brain gives different wavelengths of photons, then the two different wavelengths with the smallest possible difference between them would be indistinguishable to the human eye and can not therefore be said to be two different colours. Is that right?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

That is why both black and white are colours, since a colour is nothing but a random interpretation given by our brain to different wavelengths of radiation.

I'm not going to argue with you about whether or not black and white are colours (because they're not) but there's nothing random about the brain's interpretation at all... in fact much of our perception is in fact based on subconscious assumptions made by the brain

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

...electronic orbitals are quantized...

I don't have a clue what this means, but I think I understand the general thrust of your post. Fair enough. :p

Since a photon is an energy "packet" released by an excited electron that returns to a lower state of energy, there can only be as many different packets as differences in energy there are between possible orbitals in a given element (an orbital is a region of space where the chance to find an electron is max). Since orbitals are specifically predicted and calculated by Schr

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.