Empire at War

alanschu

What do you guys think about it?

Home Page

Gamespy Preview

Interview with Associate Producer

Even though I recognize Star Wars: Rebellion as a poor game, I really liked the idea behind it. It was just poorly implemented. I think the Star Wars Universe could work well in a situation like this, and big giant epic space battles just make me giddy!!

Other things I like about it are removing resource management from the low-level playing field. You only need to bother yourself with the tactical decisions, and the units that you have in the vicinity (that were built on the galactic map) are the units you'll use to fight.

I have high hopes for the game, but naturally will have a wait-and-see approach that I have for most games.

This will be a wait-and-see for me. Thus far I've disliked with a passion the previous attempts at Star Wars RTS games (assuming that's what Force Commander and Rebellion fall under), so I'm going to have to wait until the reviews confirm whether it's worth the purchase or not.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I noticed a video that showed reinforcements of some kind, so I wonder if you can keep units in a strategic reserve (especially if you're ground attacking, as they can just stay in space for example) for emergency situations and whatnot.

Heroes can be hit-and-miss. They were neat in Battlefront, but getting killed because Vader is spawn camping is annoying (albeit funny in it's own way: "OMG, Vader is a spawn camper!").

Apparently 40 planets will exist in the game, with each one having their own sort sort of strengths and weaknesses, whether it be resources or perhaps a special ability.

Also, I like building cool defensive structures. The game has a pretty engine, and I think it'd be neat to see a massive space station with a huge compliment of fighter patrols, and an Ion Cannon on the surface to help keep those pesky surface ships under control.

If it plays somewhat like Civilization in the Star Wars universe, I'll more than likely be interested. If it plays like Rebellion, but with some upgraded features, forget it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I want to see Empire in action first. If it's good I'll take it. Also the Reinforcements are dropping from the sky.. I hope you can drop them behind enemy lines.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I will be impressed only after seeing it in action, and it is a good game (in other words, well in excess of my expectations, which are pretty mediocre).

I've just about had a gutful of poor game conversions.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The home page says "40 ground and space locations including Yavin IV, Tatooine and Dagobah - each has its own specific advantage and/or resource."

Now, they could easily be using the "funny" math, and considering each ground and space location to be a planet, so I'd say 20 is a safe bet.

How can one fight in Dagobah? It's a huge gob full of gnarled evergreens for godsakes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It'd be a tight quarter battle to say the least.

I'd suspect vehicles will have less than stellar performance.

I doubt it'd be much different than fighting in Vietnam :D

I wonder what the special bonuses of the planets will be.

Special bonuses: Rebels get free green midget monsters.

Empire gets evil force caves to lure prophecised saviors

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds