Shocking News! Daikatana dude leaves Midway!

Llyranor

as to kotor2 writing... some was good... and some were just terrible. 

young writers and bad writers and writers of comic books often makes their characters talk strangely.  such writers tries to make their characters say profound things in the hopes that maybe their writing will reveal some profound truth

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Kotor happens in Star Wars universe that is supposedly full with strange fellows with strange accents that say profound things. Pretty much same can be said about Planescape Torment. If you take something like that as bad writing, it

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I just picture Dwarves having short patience with Halflings.  Maybe it's the Gimli/Hobbit thing.

I suppose it makes sense too. I just paired them because they were small (but so are gmoes I guess ;)).

Also, aren't Gnomes and Dwarves usually related by blood (going waaaaaaaaaaay up the family tree) in some way usually? I seem to recall they were in Arcanum.

Kotor happens in Star Wars universe that is supposedly full with strange fellows with strange accents that say profound things. Pretty much same can be said about Planescape Torment. If you take something like that as bad writing, it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

To Nartie:

Not animations with interactive sections? :rolleyes:

I'm back, you hoodlums.

Considering how BG 2's all quest npcs were just there to give you answers to this or that, and none them seemed like real people; something which is very much needed to make a worthy rpg experience, I don't see what use there is to point out that same thing when writing about K2. Granted; the npcs in BG2 were a hell of a lot more interesting than the Knights ones, but most of them were there to further your experience marathon.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Which thread was this? If I didn't take part in it, then obviously I wouldn't know to look there."

This is the last hint 'cause I have a funny feeling you are playing clueless on purpose.

You just posted in it. It just got locked right after a post of yours.

HINT: If it's in the game, it's in the game.

That is all. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As much as I'm a MCA fan-boy, I think her exposition in the end was poor writing.  It is a pivotal point in the game and it failed to deliver.

Because the ending sucked. Good writing requires that we are shown what is going on and not simply told. Basic Creative Writing 101. That bit made me think that Chris A. needed to head back to college and take refresher courses.

Harvey

Are you talking about sports games?

I'm not even sure they only have 1 year development cycles (as they could have an 18 month cycle or so, kind of like Graphics Card manufacturers). Even if they do have a 1 year development cycle, it still doesn't stop them from cutting out stuff (like Create-A-Player...thank god I didn't buy the latest NHL).

I also hold them in a different category since they don't need to burden themselves with a story or anything of significance.

In fact, given the fact that I don't like most sports games because of poor AI (games like Football can mask this, since plays are very structured and don't last long enough for AI deficiencies to really materialize).

Also, maybe Obsidian finds it more difficult to force their employees into ungawdly work hours :thumbsup:

And no, I wasn't being clueless on purpose.

As much as I'm a MCA fan-boy, I think her exposition in the end was poor writing.  It is a pivotal point in the game and it failed to deliver.

Because the ending sucked. Good writing requires that we are shown what is going on and not simply told. Basic Creative Writing 101. That bit made me think that Chris A. needed to head back to college and take refresher courses.

How do you "show" anything when using words. Seems like you're just "telling" them after all :D

Are there objective traits to good writing?  Or is it mostly just subjective?

I have never taken a creative writing course.

There are general objective traits to good writing. You should take one, regardless of your area of study. They can be very fun and very aggravating. Just stay away from Poetry unless you want to erode your sanity.

"Gods"

I thought you were an athiest yet here you are referring to multiple dieties....

I am not an Athiest. I am Agnostic.

Harvey