Shocking News! Daikatana dude leaves Midway!

Llyranor

I press the basic attack button, and it attaks immediately.

Another time I press the basic attack button and it does not attack immediately.

This has occured with all types of attacks.

I never used transformative powers, and didn't see the reason. I used magic, weapon styles, occassionally supportive styles, but mainly Legendary Strike.

will somebody say something 'bout josh?

he is a sabre fighter, so he can't be all bad, right?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I caught some of the "Three Musketeers" (Starring Michael York and Oliver Reed) today and frequently the swordsmen grabbed an extra foil and attacked with dual-wield.

Interesting.

And they seemed to do pretty well.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I caught some of the "Three Musketeers" (Starring Michael York and Oliver Reed) today and frequently the swordsmen grabbed an extra foil and attacked with dual-wield.

Interesting.

And they seemed to do pretty well.

*groan*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Geez... We are discussing some of the most easy examples in another thread. Come on, people. If we are all gonna post a lot and go over the same subjects over and over again for the privlege of the newbies at least pay attention and use common sense.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Which thread was this? If I didn't take part in it, then obviously I wouldn't know to look there.

If I don't have a search critera I don't know what to search for.

"games with short development" didn't immediately give the responses I was looking for.

If the thread's were recent, you'd have no problem at least linking me to the thread (ignoring the fact that I probably would have taken part in them since I returned to the forum about a month ago).

Why would Sawyer need to worry? After all, the thread has transformed into an argument about Jade Empire.

Having recently bought the game, I can say it does, indeed, look like it uses a modified Aurora engine. Actually, my understanding what that KotOR used a modified Aurora engine and that Jade Empire did the same, although they had to tweak things because the ruleset is different.

Jade Empire is a good game, at any rate, so who cares? Oh, that's right, we're in a pissing contest regarding whether Jade Empire gets a pass for brevity or KotOR 2 gets a pass for writing. Ridiculous. :madr:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"Jade Empire is a good game, at any rate, so who cares? Oh, that's right, we're in a pissing contest regarding whether Jade Empire gets a pass for brevity or KotOR 2 gets a pass for writing. Ridiculous. :madr:"

this thread is so far off-topic by now that we feel little guilt over joining with the mob.

as to kotor2 writing... some was good... and some were just terrible.

young writers and bad writers and writers of comic books often makes their characters talk strangely. such writers tries to make their characters say profound things in the hopes that maybe their writing will reveal some profound truth

Fortunately I'm not as smart as Gromnir (of which I give kudos for RPing the same persona for lord knows how long)....so I can't pick out the crap in KOTOR or PS:T as easily.

Or perhaps my brain is just so attuned to ignoring the bad and remembering the good. :D

You're just a fanboi with good vision :thumbsup:

I'm sure there's plenty of PS:T that I felt might not have been as good. But I'm not demanding 100% perfection the whole way. And the parts I enjoyed I really enjoyed, so I was probably able to take the "weaker" parts and "inflate" them to a more appropriate level, based on the strengths of the rest of the game.

I don't think PS:T and KotOR2 suffered from the same problem. PS:T had great dialogue, flavor text, and story-telling throughout. It just had too much of it. Some of the writing in KotOR2 was just plain bad. It was both technically and stylistically bad. It was cringing as I read it bad. It was embarrassed for the writer bad. On the other hand, the writing was a mixed bag. Some of it was overdone and some of it was well done. Let

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Can you see an alternative to Fed Ex quests?

I'm also asking from an idea perspective, as I'm designing a module with a friend for NWN2

Completely. Instead of randomly delivering plot item A to get plot item B, I prefer going to person A to interact with them as a person rather have them simply pass a baton.

What if the reason you have to travel and speak to Person A is to get information, sway their opinion, gain their influence, etc.

Fed Ex quests also extend gameplay in that with a finite number of maps, you cross them back and forth several times. However, I suggest that you have X number of maps or towns, but instead of revisiting them to fetch items like an errand boy, you break the game into chapters. There is a significant period of time between chapters, and now the areas have changed to reflect your actions, and the actions of the protagonist. You are going back to the same areas, again not on errands, but to see how the world has changed and to continue directly in your quest.