Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

If I'm fighting one weak critter (a cannock for instance) by itself, it's not likely to hurt me.  If I'm fighting 10 at once, it's another story.

It would be. If one or two applications of force storm didnt wipe all 10 out in one go. In IWD I specifically tailored a dwarf warrior to be able to stand in the middle of a crowd and be able to survive several fireballs. But that took both the application of equipment and skills. Which is something you dont need to do in KOTOR anyway.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think swarms should be used in certain circumstances, and a small number of tough units at other times.  It's all about variety.

As a general rule, I agree. But overall, I'd like to see fewer, tougher fights if there has to be combat. I don't think I'll get what I want though, because there seem to be a lot of people who think cutting through wave after wave of papier mache monsters is fun.

Force jumping from monster to monster did have its moments :D

And yes...the Force Powers were a little overpowered. They should have had it drain more force points if it was used on more people.

I was able to get instalevels in the cave on Korriban spawning 150 Hssis and just force lightning them.

Sadly enough, I never played a Consular.  I played Weapons Master, and I had more than enough Force Points, and my Force Powers were pretty deadly.  But I had mean lightsaber skills to boot.

This was a problem, yes. It's good to have a flexible system so that if your character starts out as a Consular, you can choose to take him in a different direction (as a melee fighter, for example), but you need to have penalties so that he doesn't become super powerful. How would you overcome it? Make Force Powers less effective when you're holding a lightsaber? Make choosing combat-related feats come with a Force Points penalty? Make increasing Force Points have a defense penalty?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I preferred the mad lightsaber skillz too. Ignoring the fact that at high level I had enough force points to dispatch anything anyways.

I did play it as a Consular/Jedi Master, and wowser I think I almost hit 800 or so force points.

Guest GroinOfDespair

Why play Jedi?

The official Star Wars cannon demonstrates that two Sith were enough to wipe out the entire Jedi line, when only one Sith really did any of the work.

The Dark Side truly is more powerful.

Guest GroinOfDespair

Information for one. The Dark Side said to explore the Force entirely, where as the Jedi not only without knowledge of the Force, but of one's self. They would have you deny everything you feel.

It's not possible and it's foolish. Emotional truth is as valid as rational truth. How can we deny the blood that pumps through our veins? How should we deny that which we intrinscly know to be true simply to try and follow a moral path that no one has ever truly mastered?

How should we deny that which we intrinscly know to be true simply to try and follow a moral path that no one has ever truly mastered?

Quidquid in occulto est, in apricum proferet aetas - and there is no need for extremes in order to find it.

How can we deny the blood that pumps through our veins?

Is it possible just for once you cut out the melodrama, it's really lame man.

Guest GroinOfDespair

You asked for an answer, and I gave you one. You just cope with being proven wrong and then attempt to take an intellectual high ground. You pretend that you're smarter than everyone else, when you're not.

You asked where I had any proof that the Dark Side was more powerful, but you missed the actual opening of my post where I said actual Star Wars cannon gives us proof.

The movies are the highest form of cannon we have, and in the movies one Sith wipes the Jedi to near extinction. That provides enough power to claim near sole ownership and command of the Force, in addition to ruling an entire galaxy.

From a more cerebral perspective, it also gives knowledge that the Jedi forbid, and is power in the form of such knowledge.

When you're wrong, you are so wrong.

You asked for an answer, and I gave you one.  You just cope with being proven wrong and then attempt to take an intellectual high ground.  You pretend that you're smarter than everyone else, when you're not.

You get the wrong impression, I really don't think I'm the smartest, I'm not that egoistic as you who thinks he knows the absolute truth.

You asked where I had any proof that the Dark Side was more powerful, but you missed the actual opening of my post where I said actual Star Wars cannon gives us proof.

If they are so much more powerfull then the jedi, then they wouldn't have lost in the first place against the pathetic rebels and a single "jedi" Luke Skywalker.

When you're wrong, you are so wrong.

:alien::luck::luck: ....men you're childish.... :cat:;):lol:

Luke "won" by using the Darkside!!! :ph34r:

He may have beaten Vader by giving into his anger. But he "won" by turning his back on it.

I think the X-Wing plans were stolen when the entire R&D division defected to the rebellion.

The precursor of the Tie Fighter looks to be the Jedi StarFighter in EPIII.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Rebels just realized that unimportant things like shields and structural integrity were useful? :D

Although I suppose the Imperials did have the mass assault doctrine, which the TIE series are probably more appropriate for. But still, can you imagine being an Imperial Pilot and being told you're assigned to a TIE Fighter. To hits and you're dead!