Anyone seen this party selection bug before?

That's a broken savegame. Kotor I had the same problem/message I believe.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

I actually just got a 250 GB HD (for free!). Both of them are SATAs too.

Thank goodness Fedora Core 4 recognizes SATA. I found it ironic that the only way I could use my state of the art hard drive was if I temporarily hooked up an old obsolete floppy drive so I could load the HD controller for XP to install :p

I've split both my HDs into partitions. My 160 has a 10 GB partition that holds ONLY Windows. I did this so if I reformat, I don't have to worry about backing stuff up. The rest is a 150 GB partition used mostly for games and other junk.

My second hard drive is split into a 200 GB and 50 GB partition. I *just* got this hard drive, and the 200 GB partition is still empty and basically all I did was put the swap file over there for now (no sense having it compete with my constructive spins of my HD :p). The 50 GB is a new install of Fedora Core 4. My work is basically all done on Linux, and while I had Cygwin running for a bit, it just isn't "real" Linux, so when the new HD came into my possession, I figured it'd be a good time to go with a dual boot system. Considering I only use it really for work (and I'll still surf on it if that's all I plan on doing and it's already loaded), 50 GB should be plenty for it.

I'm a mediocre Linux user at best (never really had a need until school and work this summer), so learning about how to use everything has been quite a bit of fun :)

I'm considering going with a dual-boot system and trying Linux again, but there isn't a single need that I can think of. Currently I have a Windows app I enjoy for every computer need I have. And I enjoy gaming.

However, in the spirit of being open-minded I'd like to find a 64-bit build of Linux that might be suited to web surfing and gaming.

I asked my teacher if I should go for the 64-bit version of Fedora Core, but he said I should probably wait, likely because he knows I'm using it so I can do some work on it.

He probably hasn't done much checking with his project to make sure that it'd run fine in a 64-bit environment.

Fedora Core 4 was actually a pretty smooth install, and the default GNOME X-Window GUI is actually pretty clean. It's much nicer than that time I watched my Dad try to get Red Hat Linux running in the late 90s when he was checking out options for a server he needed for work :)

Being in CompSci, I am surrounded by some uber-geeks (myself being one of them). I remember one time commenting in class that I used Windows XP, and I heard a few snickers :angry:

I'm sorry, but I'd use Linux or MacOS if they actually supported the games I'd want to play. I don't understand many of the people that install and use a different OS simply for the sake of being different. In fact, I switched from MacOS because the games I wanted to play were all on DOS.

Although my Dad has a neat idea of building machines for customers that only want a computer for e-mail and the Internet. He's hoping he can configure a simple enough system with Linux on it to help save the customer some money, as they won't have to buy a $150+ copy of Windows XP just to check their email.

EDIT: I find ATIs drivers suck ass in Linux (in my one week experience). Unless someone knows where I can find some better ones, it might be something to think about.

I bought the 6600GT when I saw the benchmarks in Half Life 2, a game written around ATI performing better with the 6600GT line at the same price point. OpenGL games like Doom 3 performed WAY BETTER on the 6600GT.

Better performance all around, a good price point, and better drivers. I had to switch.

I'm AMD for life however. I was real tempted to get a Pentium 4 for a while when the Pentium 4 line had a 800 mHz FSB, and the best AMD was putting out was the 333 mHz FSB. Then AMD released the Athlon 64 line and trounced Intel.

I have the lowly 3000+, though slightly overclocked and a 1 gig of dual channel PC3200.

Too bad my power supply has been down for months and I'll too broke to replace it. So I have to use my craptop.

I spent $800 on upgrades I can't use because my $65 power supply is junk.

Yep, they couldn't have added SATA support with the Service Packs. That would make too much sense. I'm thinking of getting the full version of Windows x64 (I have the beta) and slipstreaming the SATA drivers, and all the latest 64-bit drivers I can find on the CD.

That was one nice thing about my install of Fedora Core. Given the way Fedora is distributed, it's waaaaay easier to have incremental updates for drivers and whatnot. It pretty much autodetected my entire system with latest drivers when I installed it :)

I would suggest moving hardware discussions to WoT. As this one has strayed from the original intent,. I'll just close it down for now.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: