Did you vote for "Game of the Year"

mike12

Did you vote for "Game of the Year"  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote for "Game of the Year"

• 1) Yes I did!
    • 2) No I didn't!

Also, instead of spending points in 15 different styles, I just mastered 4 or 5.

I mastered Legendary Strike, Dire Flame, Paralyzing Palm, the sword, and the dual-sword.  I didn't really use anything else.

That's like me. I found like 4 styles I liked best and put all my points into them. Sure it limited my selection, but as someone mentioned, it seemed too much of a hassle to go in and out of the pause screen to map new styles everytime I wanted to change from the 4 I had mapped.

I still think my major complaint is how short the game is, or atleast how shor the RPG aspect is until it becomes a linear hack fest. The fact that after Imperial City it's basically a hackfest action game wouldn't have been bad if there was atleast one or two more "cities" to visit before Imperial City.

I mean, KOTOR and KOTOR2 get bashed for how short they were, but atleast they had more than just 2 (3 if you include the tutorial known as your home village) places to actually travel to.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't mind a hack fest every now and then (Gothic 2..) but then it has to be interestingly done. I didn't learn any techniques myself. All I did was jump around, use the "break shield" move when needed and attacking from behind all the time. If I ever met something that needed a lot of damage to kill, I just used the Jade Golem thingie (was it Jade Golem? I became big and horribly overpowered is all I remember) hit the opponent 2-3 times and won the fight. The AI in Jade Empire is probably the worst I've seen in a long, long time (I actually only remember a FPS that could challenge Jade Empire for that title). I mean, why does it take a normal human being 2-3 seconds to turn around after I've jumped behind them? That's plenty of time to do whatever I want to finish them off.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't mind a hack fest every now and then (Gothic 2..) but then it has to be interestingly done. I didn't learn any techniques myself. All I did was jump around, use the "break shield" move when needed and attacking from behind all the time. If I ever met something that needed a lot of damage to kill, I just used the Jade Golem thingie (was it Jade Golem? I became big and horribly overpowered is all I remember) hit the opponent 2-3 times and won the fight. The AI in Jade Empire is probably the worst I've seen in a long, long time (I actually only remember a FPS that could challenge Jade Empire for that title). I mean, why does it take a normal human being 2-3 seconds to turn around after I've jumped behind them? That's plenty of time to do whatever I want to finish them off.

The Jade Golem takes about 30 seconds (if that) to kill the end boss.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The co-op mode is also great.  My roommate and I just started playing it, and its so much fun when you're holding your breath to make sure that sentry walking past absolutely cannot hear you :huh:

I d/l'ed a trailer of a co-op sequence and it seems great. I'm thinking of picking up this title for that feature alone, as I just love co-op.

We need more co-op games. :cool:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The co-op mode is also great.  My roommate and I just started playing it, and its so much fun when you're holding your breath to make sure that sentry walking past absolutely cannot hear you :huh:

I d/l'ed a trailer of a co-op sequence and it seems great. I'm thinking of picking up this title for that feature alone, as I just love co-op.

Co-op games are all right as long as I don't have to co-operate. Besides, I lack the patience for multi-playing; I instantly get bored and go "I wanna play SP".

You have my personal blessing to flame me now.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Agreed. I have to convince my roommate to pick up Far Cry when I get it, so we can go through that co-op.

Co-op even makes boring games fun. Serious Sam is ok in single player, but listening to your friend scream with you at the hordes of endless badguys running at you makes the game infinitely more fun. It's an absolute blast!

Co-op games are all right as long as I don't have to co-operate. Besides, I lack the patience for multi-playing; I instantly get bored and go "I wanna play SP".

Err, yes. What I meant is that I'd like more games that featured a co-op option. Not games in which the only way to play is co-op.

Like I need it. :huh:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Agreed.  I have to convince my roommate to pick up Far Cry when I get it, so we can go through that co-op.

Far Cry has a co-op mode? icon5.gif

*adds to his list*

Agreed.  I have to convince my roommate to pick up Far Cry when I get it, so we can go through that co-op.

Far Cry has a co-op mode? icon5.gif

*adds to his list*

Beware however, as it's a mod...and apparently it's still unfinished.

But, people that I've asked that have played it have enjoyed it, so :)

Other games I have considered picking up are Full Spectrum Warrior, since it also has coop. And it sort of screams for coop since you control two squads :thumbsup:

Err, yes. What I meant is that I'd like more games that featured a co-op option. Not games in which the only way to play is co-op.

Like I need it. :thumbsup:

You sunk my battleship!

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

"I haven't even heard Bioware suggest there will be a Jade Empire 2, though I thought I heard Microsoft say the franchise would move to the 360"

Then, obviously, you haven't been listening to Bioware. They have every plan to make bopth their original properties - JE and DA - into full fledge franchises. The only thing standing in their way is if the games bombed which, of course, JE didn't do.

"honestly was disappointed that there was only one button for attacks,"

You better play the game again.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"honestly was disappointed that there was only one button for attacks,"

You better play the game again.

You better see the post where I clarified my stance on the area attacks and power attacks.

It was disappointing to see the same combo throughout the little bit of the game that I had played.

Personally for my vote i would have had to say Battle For Middle Earth. What can I say, I'm a RTS Junkie.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.