Zen Thought For the Day

EnderAndrew

Guest GroinOfDespair

All governments, and all societies lie and oppress. Japan is no different, so why single them out?

We know how hopeless our lives are, and we see the terrifying fate that awaits us all in the end, and like the fools in Mask of Red Death who felt they could cheat fate and lock themselves away, they believe money and power will save them.

The oppressors tighten their grip, only to lock Death in with them.

I think I should write a poem about this.

All governments, and all societies lie and oppress.  Japan is no different, so why single them out?[1]

We know how hopeless our lives are, and we see the terrifying fate that awaits us all in the end, and like the fools in Mask of Red Death who felt they could cheat fate and lock themselves away, they believe money and power will save them.[2]

The oppressors tighten their grip, only to lock Death in with them.[3]

I think I should write a poem about this.

1. Steve mentioned them as an example of the difficulty reconciling polemic viewpoints.

2. Not sure what your point here is, if indeed you are a nihilist, because surely money is power, and if there is nothing but this world (as nihilists believe) then there is no consequence for getting and keeping it any way possible. Whether the indiviuals are happier is a good question, whether they are happier than you is obvious.

3. "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." Princess Leia to Grand Moff Tarkin, ANH.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

3. "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." Princess Leia to Grand Moff Tarkin, ANH.

tarkin.jpg

Bla, bla, bla, bla Meta.....you're talking nonsense, we're too cool for star systems to turn their backs on us, all the fun is going down at DJ Palpy's party. :(

grand_moff_tarkin_2.jpeg

:cool: