Icewind Dale 2

Baldur's Gate 1

Baldur's Gate 2

System Shock 1

System Shock 2

Monkey Island series

King's Quest

And the list goes on and on....

I was wondering when someone might mention some of the latter ones there ... I edited to list those I am familiar with. The two sets that particularly got my attention were the Monkey Island series and the System Shock series. I found SS 2 to be pretty good .. and the 'surprise' element was exceptional. Doom 3 also had a very good surprise element (in encounters), though I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as RPG material.

The question is; why did you resurrect an old, rather worthless piece of poll-ution?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I really don't think that Deus Ex and Invisible War should be put in the same catagory. Yes their in the same universe but they are completly different games (besides most people who are DX afficianatos don't really like IW)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Halo... Star Fox 64... Kotor 1 and 2... Legend of Zelda... Theif 3... Half-Life 2... Golden Eye... how do you expect me to choose? It's impossible I tell you! And where is Gauntlet Legends and Dungeon Siege? That's some classic dungeon crawling. And what about Starcraft?

sig2.gif

I didn't vote, since there's no System Shock 1 and System Shock 2.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Polls like these should not include the game(s) made by the forum owners. It's not really accurate since a lot of posters on a developer's website are generally fanboy/fangirls.

I'm sure if you went to a Vampire: the Masquerade forum that game would be running away with the poll.

I think I voted for KOTOR I and II (couldn't be bothered to check), but any hypocricy aside on my part, it's still going to be an unfair poll.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Kotor 1 and 2. If Baldur's Gate was on there I would have chose that.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

You mean...they're among us?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Icewind Dale has no place whatsoever on a poll on TEH BESTEST GAMEZ EVAR!!!!!1111!11.-shift++on!!e!

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin