Are there Mandalorian Women?

she was a mandalorian slave...

At one point in time, but in much the same way Romans called all their conquered people Romans, so did the Mandalorians.

Mira wasn't a slave, and yet she plainly told you she was a Mandalorian.

Was she female? Yes. Was she a Mandalorian? Yes.

Mandalore himself said that Mandalorians recruited people all the time. Being a Mandalorian meant simply joining the cause.

she plainly told you she was a Mandalorian.

no she doesn't

you ask her if she's a mandalorian, and her answer is "as much as any slave becomes a mandalorian"

which is not exactly the same thing...

At one point in time, but in much the same way Romans called all their conquered people Romans, so did the Mandalorians.

since when does it say that anywhere? :lol:

and besides, conquered people and slaves are two completely different things

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

and besides, conquered people and slaves are two completely different things

Slaves, especially in Roman times (but also in other ancient civilisations, like the Babylonian), could become free (usually by amassing enough money to purchase their freedom from their master).

Ther are countless gravestones from the Roman Republic and Empire with names that hark from conquered territories.

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Necromancy at its finest

@julian: I can't believe someone would copyright that photo, I hope its a joke

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Mira tells you she is a Mandalorian

i've already proved you wrong there.... :)"

No you haven't.

You claim that the only thing she says is that she is a slave. You are wrong as I had a lengthy conversation on the subject.

Futhermore, she flat out tells you that Mandalorians call all of their conquered people Mandalorians and Mandalore tells you that he recruits people to become Mandalorians as well.

The term Mandalorian does not necessitate being born on a certain planet.

Mira tells you that she is a Mandalorian and she is a woman.

You can't prove that wrong, because both are simple and obvious facts. But you can keep trying.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, slaves and conquered people are two different things!

and she does NOT flat out say she is mandalorian, she tells you she is a slave. being a slave does not automatically make her a mandalorian.

she says "as much as any slave becomes a mandalorian"

sure, in some societies slaves could earn their freedom, but there are no sources in the game to suggest that mandalorians do the same thing. so she could be implying that she became a mandalorian, or that she (like other slaves) would stay exactly that, a slave, and could never become a member of mandalorian society

yes mandalorians do recruit people, but slaves aren't exactly recruits are they?

i'm not saying flat out that she isn't mandalorian, i'm saying that it is never truly revealed, and that saying that she is mandalorian is an unverifiable assumption

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

As copied from Dialog.TLK:

Only two groups of people would have lost family at Malachor - and Jedi don't have families. {Scoffs}As much as any slave becomes a Mandalorian. They took prisoners on every world they conquered to bolster their ranks - and they took a lot of worlds. I don't know, it didn't matter. I was too young to remember, really. Besides, Nar Shaddaa's kind of grown on me. It's as much my home as anyplace else.When I was young, yeah. They mostly used me to carry ammo packs and munitions. Toward the end of the war, they needed everyone they could get.They taught me to fight, to hunt, to survive. I was part of their squad, even when I was young. Everyone served as part of the unit, and I felt like I had a place there. {Dismissive, sad that the Mandalorians, her family, lost the war}After Malachor, it didn't really matter anymore - the Mandalorians lost. Bad. But you know that.Yeah, I know. I saw the worlds they left behind them during the war. That kind of stays with you - I haven't forgotten it. What happened at Malachor - they, they probably deserved it. {Challenging}Should I be? Maybe I should ask you if you're happy about all the Jedi who died on Malachor V.

:- Well, from what i know the Mandolorians are very barbaric as previously stated. All though Canderous(Mandolare) Seemed normal, his culture is still based on war. Like a darkside Echani Mandolorians believe in battle as a form of self espression. 4000 years after Kotor Jango Fett is apparently one of the last remaining mandolorians(thats why he wears mandolorian armor :p ) The Mandolorians become so scarce that eventually (circa ep V and VI) they can only be found on endor in the Death Watch Bunker. Some say it is just Mandolorian ghost there. {At that time period they all wear jangos style mandolorian armor}

He must have been very sore ...

Well, you know how he is tossed into that...pit or whatever? Well he climbs out and escapes. Darth Maul doesn't die either and is killed by Obi-Wan and Lars Owen way after his first encounter with Obi-wan. He does this right after finding out about the 'chosen one'...being Luke of course.

or they just misenterprited the prophesy (there were always two Jedi and Two sith.... Luke brought balance by fufilling the 2nd jedi slot.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, you know how he is tossed into that...pit or whatever? Well he climbs out and escapes. Darth Maul doesn't die either and is killed by Obi-Wan and Lars Owen way after his first encounter with Obi-wan. He does this right after finding out about the 'chosen one'...being Luke of course.

You what????

Are you having a laugh, how could Maul not die????

He was chopped in half

You what????

Are you having a laugh, how could Maul not die????

He was chopped in half

maybe zabrak only need their upper half to live? :( yeah, he does die but he becomes yet another ghost that anakin encounters later on.