A little opium for the masses?

mkreku

Ok, so this board has only been around for, what? Two weeks? Anyhow, it is really becoming stagnant and more of a place for disgruntled old BIS/IPLY board members to act out their anger over the fact that Planescape: Torment 2 will never be made. (Watch me eat my cactus when Project Delaware turns out to be just that)

So my suggestion is that you, the developers/employees, of Obsidian Entertainment, throw us a bone every once in a while. I know you can't talk about the project, but you can sure as hell talk about other things!

How about your long term strategy? What are your plans for the future? What are your development dreams? If not for this project or the next, but the tenth one? Are your hands tied behind your backs on that one too?

Who in the team is doing what? Who is the jokester around the office? What kinds of tools are you using to create whatever you are creating? How's work going? According to plan or are you seeing trouble already? Who drives the Humvee and who drives the VW Rabbit?

Are you planning on showing any of your work at the E3? Are you working on one or several projects? Who comes up with the ideas in the team? How does an idea get the green light to go into production?

Erm.. and so on!

My point is: we're interested in anything and everything about the project/Obsidian/the team. Not everything can be The Big Secret, can it?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

In the name of Allah the Compassionate and the Merciful,

Do not bother brother Mkreku; they are slaves of Bioware and working on their next project for them. They cannot divulge any information until they are able to break their chains of bondage.

God willing!

So they cannot tell us who owns that Humvee on the parking lot outside the Obsidian offices? Jesus Christ (and Allah) what a nasty contract they must have with Bioware!

I wonder if they're allowed to flush their toilet paper or if they have to save it in little cans for further inspection by Bioware..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So my suggestion is that you, the developers/employees, of Obsidian Entertainment, throw us a bone every once in a while. I know you can't talk about the project, but you can sure as hell talk about other things!

How about your long term strategy? What are your plans for the future? What are your development dreams? If not for this project or the next, but the tenth one? Are your hands tied behind your backs on that one too?

Who in the team is doing what? Who is the jokester around the office? What kinds of tools are you using to create whatever you are creating? How's work going? According to plan or are you seeing trouble already? Who drives the Humvee and who drives the VW Rabbit?

Are you planning on showing any of your work at the E3? Are you working on one or several projects? Who comes up with the ideas in the team? How does an idea get the green light to go into production?

Erm.. and so on!

My point is: we're interested in anything and everything about the project/Obsidian/the team. Not everything can be The Big Secret, can it?

I wish to second the comments of the right honorable gentleman and add a heartfelt "Here, Here!!!"

Now what of it? you buggers?!!

(sorry, I'm just a big fan of the British House of Commons, CSPAN = Good Times!)

:D

Personally, If I knew that some strange guy was camping outside my studio watching all the cars that come in and out of the lot I wouldn't be posting much about my life in general AHAHAHA *JK*. Really though you have a point. It would be nice to hear something every once and a while about what the calculating and somewhat disturbed minds of obsidian are thinking.

Obsidian can't divulges detail informations unless they want to get themselves sued, or get themselves into trouble with Bioware, or get them both into trouble with publisher. That's the way how things work for long time in game industry, or else we already can see many informations regarding of many unreleased and unannounced game titles. It also related to issue of the particular game still in early stage, not much written into stone yet, and not enough information for publicity anyway.

Thread split due to the direction it was headed.

Keep the comment civil, and don't make the flames personal.

why? what was split from the thread? can we have a link to the parts that were removed?

No.

the flames were getting personal.

...why bother Flamin' if'n yer not gonna attack from all angles possible???...ye bleedin'-heart Liberals, I tells ya... ;)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

This one started as a nice topic. But now I don't understand anything ...

Too bad.

To be on subject, maybe they are playing KOTOR as a dark Jedis.

Or they are working their arses off. Or doing alternately both.

//This is what I am doing since I started to work for my own Ltd (don't panic, different industry :rolleyes: ). Since than I've been bombarded by cheap contract proposals. Glad to announce, I managed to back them off. I just got one assignment right now, but it will keep me going this year. Less is more, as someone said last century.//

So I am happy for Obsidian having such a co-developer as Bioware. Latter just turnes to gold everything they touch ... Also anything coming from former BIS has good chances to have some real value. I understand what focusing to just one project means.

So, people, pacience. Are'nt outthere enough games to keep ya' busy ?

On the other hand, it is kinda' boring to read just ourselves' stupid posts. My heart trembles every time when I see the Developer label beside some post. Be good to us, and share. Even if it is just a personal opinion. It would make us easier to forget that you are former BIS, and think of you as Obsidian.