Survival Horror.

I must confess something. I actually bought elvira 2 and waxworks  to the amiga  :">

And I finished waxworks  :">  :">  :">

That's a game that can damage the mind of a kid, which I was at the time  :D  (you probably remember the previous discussion in another thread, and no, I don't want to discuss it again  :p  )

Ah, don't worry about it! your parents and school peer group probably screwed you up more than a computer game ever could hope to.

And I want an apology for your spelling. :x"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

3 times :thumbsup: Even did a speedrun.

Awesome. :huh: It's so much better than Normal mode. I'm in the Castle right now.

Do you have any advice for when I get to Krauser? I hear the knife works well... but I'm a bit apprehensive.

I agree, it's far better :ermm:

Word to the wise though... get a magnum for the Krauser battle.

It took me over 30 tries to beat him with a TMP and Striker.... well 30 tries to beat him and exit in time... there just isn't enough time if you're using the wrong weapon setup.

Short range weaponry is not friendly in that battle.

I wasn't that good with a knife, so I have no idea. But with his speed and mobility, I doubt it'll do well on Pro.

Yeah, I was definitely going to pick up the Broken Butterfly in the Castle. No brainer! :huh:

With regards to knifing Krauser; I tried it out today on Normal mode and it seemed to work well (I still had about two and a half minutes left on the clock when I finished him), but I would pop him in the kneecaps with the Chicago Typewriter before going in. <_<

DAMN YOU DARQUE!!!!!

I haven't even been able to PLAY RE4, and here's you and some other hobos talking about it, mocking me!

*cries*

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Has anyone played the whole Silent Hill Series?

If so which do you think is the best?

For me:

Silent Hill: Classic (Completed several times on various difficulties)

Silent Hill 2: Probably Best Story/gameplay

Silent Hill 3: Have yet to complete, but I'm near the end (Honest) ;)

Silent Hill 4 The Room: I enjoyed this game as it seemed to take a different direction from your run of the mill Silent Hill game. The whole idea of being trapped in a room was a different sort of phycological horror. Also the addition of enemies that come out of the walls. First time that happened I must have turned off the game.

Scary Stuff o:)

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Has anyone played the whole Silent Hill Series?

If so which do you think is the best?

Silent Hill (original)

Probably the best horror game of all time. The "only" thing hurting it (and not by much) are the extremely dated graphics. An updated Silent Hill would probably be the scariest game of all time.

Silent Hill 2

Had a nice oppressive feel to it, I might have appreciated this game more if some idiot hadn't spoiled it for me.

Silent Hill 3

Pretty weak, and overdid the horror/gore from the getgo.. so it was more of an action game than a true survival horror game. Lesson #1 for horror: Don't overwhelm the audience so they become desensitized.

Silent Hill 4: The Room

Originally planned as a NON-Silent Hill game, but changed and updated durring production. While the concept is good, and the feeling is good, the "compartmentalized" NWN-ish gamezones kinda make the game feel artificial.

If I had to rate them in order from best to weakest...

SH -> SH2 -> SH4 -> SH3

SH3 was a direct sequel to SH, and it's not bad, but it isn't horror, more like a splatterfest.

OMG! I LOVE SURVIVAL HORROR!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, felt the need to express that :)

:ermm:

Did you play that HL2 mod, yet? (Is it any good?)

Nope :) I don't own HL2 :)

Aren't you tempted to buy it now? :-"

Only if I get a new video card and then KotOR2 and Vampire: Bloodlines first.. :)

DAMN YOU DARQUE!!!!!

I haven't even been able to PLAY RE4, and here's you and some other hobos talking about it, mocking me!

*cries*

Go buy/rent it :-

Can't you send me your copy? Pretty please. :ermm:

Ah well, I guess I'll go buy it then when I have the chance. Need a new CG controller, too- the controls are getting duller. Thankfully, it's not on par with what most N64 controllers devolved into. Man, that was horrid.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin