McDonald's will take over the world, I tell you!

jaguars4ever

Do you know that McDonarlds are considered high class in third world countries? Imagine parents taking kids to McDonalds for their birthdays. How lovely!

I'm not sure that 'high class' is the right description, at least in some countries I know. It's seen as exotic and new, and more popular with young people. That said, yes it is expensive and so going there with the kids can be a status thing, but I don't think people actually rate the cuisine highly.

I prefer Mosburgers. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It must suck to be a vegan.
No, it's rather fun. Really. :)

I haven't eaten a green vegetable since I was four, and my BMI is pretty close to being underweight. I expect to be as thin as a rail when I contract heart disease. I can always start exercising if I start to get fat, though.
People on a low-carbohydrate diet would probably put on from eating an occasional fruit or a vegetable. Or, it might have something to do with their age.

Even if he did enough exercise to work off upwards of 2000 calories per day he would still have to contend with the problems of a high salt, high sugar and high saturated fat diet.

How exactly do you work off 2000 calories in a day?

You just have to increase the amount of exercise you do, swimming is good, for example.

Steve Redgrave managed to do it with Type II Diabetes ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My little cousin back in China graduated middle school with a top ten class rank, and his parents took him to McDonald for the first time as a reward. And those McDonalds or K.F.C.s are packed with people all the time. I went back last summer and had to wait for empty seats! Maybe they are not exactly considered high class, but they sure are taking over the world.

How exactly do you work off 2000 calories in a day?

Well I'm not sure this is relevant but anyway. I took a test a while ago, though I don't think it was accurate, when I was an active swimmer, swimming at LEAST 10 hours a week, and complementing that with both gym and running. The test said I needed well over 3000 calories a day. Is that normal?

Also, McDonald's sucks. I haven't eaten McDonalds for two+ years..but then, different things for different people..

People on a low-carbohydrate diet would probably put on from eating an occasional fruit or a vegetable. Or, it might have something to do with their age.

Well, I'm actually on a super-high carbohydrate diet. My staple foods are bread, noodles, chips and crisps.

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing that's burning all that up, however, it may just be that I'm not actually eating all that much. Whenever I look at those lists of all the portions of meat, vegetable, grain and dairy products you're supposed to eat each day, I find myself wondering how anybody could eat that much of anything in one day.

Also, I don't drink or smoke (or eat red meat), which may be helping. My body is a temple. A temple to junk food. o:)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Well, I'm actually on a super-high carbohydrate diet. My staple foods are bread, noodles, chips and crisps.

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing that's burning all that up, however, it may just be that I'm not actually eating all that much. Whenever I look at those lists of all the portions of meat, vegetable, grain and dairy products you're supposed to eat each day, I find myself wondering how anybody could eat that much of anything in one day.

Also, I don't drink or smoke (or eat red meat), which may be helping. My body is a temple. A temple to junk food. :p

The liver is essential for carbohydrate metabolism.

Also, if you suspect you have metabolic irregularities, one of the causes can be a thyroid problem. Neuroscientists and endocrinologists are still pretty unsure as to the whole thyroid system (causes of illness and consequential treatments, etc), but a simple blood test will reveal any irregularities (as long as you ask for thyroid performance to be tested), you don't want to have hyperthyroidism, or worms. ( o:)" )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No, it's rather fun. Really. :huh:

Been there, tried that, didnt like it. :huh:"

-Whats for dinner tonight?

-Crushed can tomatoes with canned veghetables and pasta.

-Oh, but thats what we had yesterday? and the day before that.. and... well its all we've been eating since I cooked last time.

-But you only cook beans anyway, Kaftan.

-Yeah, I know.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have since not only given up veganism but I am now a full-fledged eater of the dead and I like it a lot :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, it's rather fun. Really. :)

Been there, tried that, didnt like it. :huh:"

-Whats for dinner tonight?

-Crushed can tomatoes with canned veghetables and pasta.

-Oh, but thats what we had yesterday? and the day before that.. and... well its all we've been eating since I cooked last time.

-But you only cook beans anyway, Kaftan.

-Yeah, I know.

The human animal is an omnivore. It is fine to be a vegetarian, or even a lacto-ovo-vegan; you just need to supplement the lack of B group vitamin and iron sources normally found in (red) meats.

I read a study a while back that blood tested some vegetarians; they were all Vitamin B-12 deficient, which has an intellect impairing effect that mimicks lunacy. (I'm serious.)

Just make sure any of your friends who are vegan are eating supplements (not that I believe a vitamin supplement will replace healthy fresh food, at least it will prevent known vitamin deficiencies): a good vegetarian multivit should do the trick.

Also, women need twice as much iron as men (as they lose so much so regularly), so they really need some iron suplementing; it is best if they eat red meat, though women tend to be the ones who eat red meat the least. (Because we shouldn't kill and eat cute things, and we cannot eat ugly things. But we can wear leather shoes and belts. :huh: )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

McDonalds is awesome, and its food is delicious. Anyone who disagress doesn't know what good, yummy tasty food is. Period.

And, contary to the troll known as Ender thinks, it's not because of familiarity. Carrots are very familair to me; but nope; I don't like 'em. Go figure. Same with fish. Same with Dr. Pepper. Can't stand it. So, no, familiarity is not the reason.

McDonalds = Quality.

That's a fact.

yeah, i mean individuality s*cks and everyone should think a like... >_<

Volourn, you capitalist pig!

And McDonalds food can be rather tasty, I admit. About once a month or less.

Isn't it interesting, however, that (as far as I can recall), in the states, the people in the lower income strata within society is the ones most prone to suffering from overweight-related problems, while in quite many other countries, the situation is reversed? You don't see that many obese poor-folk in Africa or Asia, for example. Understandable, sure, but it's an interesting situation, nevertheless.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I read a study a while back that blood tested some vegetarians; they were all Vitamin B-12 deficient, which has an intellect impairing effect that mimicks lunacy. (I'm serious.)
Ach, ze Food Nazis are after me! :wacko:

AHBerg.jpg

Also, women need twice as much iron as men (as they lose so much so regularly), so they really need some iron suplementing; it is best if they eat red meat, though women tend to be the ones who eat red meat the least. (Because we shouldn't kill and eat cute things, and we cannot eat ugly things. But we can wear leather shoes and belts. >_< )
And, they can hit people with handbags. :devil:

You mean you don't? :devil:"

Wait, did you mean:

females can hit people "with handbags", i.e. because they carry them around on their person; OR

females can hit "people with handbags", i.e. other females (or effeminate others)?

>_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

:devil:
I never considered that possibility... >_<

You don't see that many obese poor-folk in Africa or Asia, for example. Understandable, sure, but it's an interesting situation, nevertheless.
Social welfare? Or is the food quality better in Asia and Africa?

:wacko:
I never considered that possibility... :devil:

You don't see that many obese poor-folk in Africa or Asia, for example. Understandable, sure, but it's an interesting situation, nevertheless.

Yes, lucky Ethiopians live in a war zone, so their teeth are no polluted by those nasty US sugary foods. >_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Volourn, you capitalist pig!
R00fles!

Bah. I laugh at your pathetic attempt. Volourn would never "r00fle" at me!

My point was simply that in the US, the lower echelon within society is the one that tends to gravitate towards overweight and malnutrition- while the higher echelon usually eat more healthy and nutritious food. It's an interesting situation, and one that is fundamentally different to how things might have been only a scant few centuries ago.

This probably has more to do a lack of knowledge regarding how to prepare more healthy food- TV dinners aren't exactly cheaper than homemade food, if you actually know what you're doing. It's the same here in Sweden, up to a point. "Convenience food" and similar "junk" is on the rise, simply because people do not know how to - or lack the inclination/time necessary to - cook.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

This probably has more to do a lack of knowledge regarding how to prepare more healthy food- TV dinners aren't exactly cheaper than homemade food, if you actually know what you're doing. It's the same here in Sweden, up to a point. "Convenience food" and similar "junk" is on the rise, simply because people do not know how to - or lack the inclination/time necessary to - cook.

People are uneducated and lazy. But the good news is those are the ones that will die from horrible curable diseases first, like smoking-onset lung cancer. Darwinism in all its glory. :thumbsup:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

First time I tried it, it was tasty, but now, I don't taste anything at all (nuggets :-) or only ketchup and mustard. Sometimes I smell a hint of some chemical or even (OMG) digestive juice. I dunno, probably Australian McD is different, but since then I avoid it like a plague.

PS

I eat hot and fresh (and fat :shifty:) pizza cooked by Italians. Now THAT is yummy. :D

There is NOTHING better than a true italian pizza baked in one of those authentic wood ovens. Nothing, I tell you.

Quattro Formaggi = food for the gods.