McDonald's will take over the world, I tell you!

jaguars4ever

Afterall, he eats only McDonalds, and only Happy Meals. NOBODY does that so it isn't a realistic situation.

*goes and eats at Mcdonalds*

You would think that wouldnt you. But you would be wrong.

Your totally wrong about him only eating happy meals as well.

1) No options: he could only eat what was available over the counter (water included!)

2) No supersizing unless offered

3) No excuses: he had to eat every item on the menu at least once

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Super size me never set out to be an objective experiment to prove that McDs was evil. It had a wider message about diet and nutrition in today's society as a whole. As well as teh high blood pressure and liver problems - it probably affects mental acuity as well.. :rolleyes:"

Super size me never set out to be an objective experiment to prove that McDs was evil. It had a wider message about diet and nutrition in today's society as a whole. As well as teh high blood pressure and liver problems - it probably affects mental acuity as well.. :luck:"

True, and also the point he was making is that -- even though people don't eat JUST McDonalds, they do tend to eat fast food to the exclusion of all other healthy options: KFC, McD, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell (only in the US), etc etc.

The average person is not eating lentils and cr

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, McDonalds is sooooooooo fattening. I  didn't know being 6' and 150lbs or so was considered fat nowadays.

Hahaha, now that explains why Volourn always has to overcompensate in every discussion on these boards: he's a shrimp in real life! ;)

Also, I am now certain that eating too often at McD does damage your brain..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No, McDonalds won't kill you. That's bull. Perhaps, you meant to say they suggest that if you eat McDonalds, and neve rmove off your big lazy ass that it *might* kill you. Then maybe I'd believe it. Otherwise, no.

No. No amount of physical exercise would be enough to offset the caloric supply of a diet consisting of daily McD's food. You don't see bodybuilders or other athletes eating at McD's.

And the physical exercise can't do anything about the cholesterol that will turn your arteriae into waste dumps.

Wrong. Remember that dumbass who made a film about his eating at McDonanlds? Well, on the news they showed people who were eating just like him yet they worked out. And guess what? They LOST weight. BTW McD sucks. In-In-Out is the best.

Wrong. Remember that dumbass who made a film about his eating at McDonanlds? Well, on the news they showed people who were eating just like him yet they worked out. And guess what? They LOST weight. BTW McD sucks. In-In-Out is the best.

I find that difficult to believe. As far as I know he's the only one who's been dumb enough/brave enough to put his health on the line in that sort of test.

If there have been other studies though feel free to link them in.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Oh and by the way. If you needed to see that stupid video of that moron stuffing his face in to see that eating out all the time will make you fat then you are a friggen moron. Anyone with half a brain already knew that.

Answer this question for me. If you get fat by eating at McD who's fault is it? Your's for eating there or McD's for making their food fat filled? I wouldn't be surprised if you say McD's. God forbid we take responsability for our actions. After all, they didn't force you to eat there. You went there of your own free will.

"Hahaha, now that explains why Volourn always has to overcompensate in every discussion on these boards: he's a shrimp in real life!"

:)

"Also, I am now certain that eating too often at McD does damage your brain.."

Nah. The only thing that damages my brain is posting on the 'net. Only dumb people waste time on message boards.

It's true, and we all know it. :shifty:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I find that difficult to believe. As far as I know he's the only one who's been dumb enough/brave enough to put his health on the line in that sort of test.

If there have been other studies though feel free to link them in.

Well, it was on 20/20 actually. This was a long time ago. They were showing a group of people, 2 men and 1 woman if I remember right, who, because they saw how stupid that video was, decided to prove him wrong. They all went to McD for every meal but the difference was they all worked out. The woman was the only one of the three who had the healthier choices of meals however. She lost the most.

Oh. May I ask where did you get your degree in nutrition? :shifty:

You know, I didn't make all that stuff up. And I haven't seen that film either. I just read.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I like to get the "diabetics' nutritional guidelines" from McDonalds.

It's a small recycled cardboard business-card sized triptych fold-out that has the calorie, kilojoule, fat, carbohydrate (complex and simple), salt and fat content of every menu item, percent and per item. It is usually located near the napkins and straws. It details how a quarter pounder and cheese, with a large fries, yields about half an adult's daily intake of fat (or more, I haven't read it for a long time ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

IIRC Morgan Spurlock was on about 5000 calories a day eating at McDonald's.

Even if he did enough exercise to work off upwards of 2000 calories per day he would still have to contend with the problems of a high salt, high sugar and high saturated fat diet.

Surprisingly, not everybody does realise the pitfalls of such food and even though Spurlock's experiment was an extreme example, there are still people whose diet is comprised of a wide variety of junk food while doing little to no exercise.

Answer this question for me. If you get fat by eating at McD who's fault is it? Your's for eating there or McD's for making their food fat filled? I wouldn't be surprised if you say McD's. God forbid we take responsability for our actions. After all, they didn't force you to eat there. You went there of your own free will.

Well they dont spend all that money on advertising for you not to eat there now do they.

As I said I dont know how it is in the land of the chunky but over here it's been all fruit and healthy options at McDonalds on TV at least.

478327[/snapback]

IIRC Morgan Spurlock was on about 5000 calories a day eating at McDonald's.

Even if he did enough exercise to work off upwards of 2000 calories per day he would still have to contend with the problems of a high salt, high sugar and high saturated fat diet.

Surprisingly, not everybody does realise the pitfalls of such food and even though Spurlock's experiment was an extreme example, there are still people whose diet is comprised of a wide variety of junk food while doing little to no exercise.

Though if like me you're lucky enough to have an extremely fast metabolism, you'll never put on weight from it, your appearance won't suffer, and the first symptom you'll notice will be the fatal heart attack. That or intestinal cancer. :shifty:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

How exactly do you work off 2000 calories in a day?

478327[/snapback]

your appearance probably would suffer no matter how fast your metabolism, which by the way can be temperamental and fluctuate.

Nah. I've been eating crap for years now, I haven't eaten a green vegetable since I was four, and my BMI is pretty close to being underweight. I expect to be as thin as a rail when I contract heart disease. I can always start exercising if I start to get fat, though.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!