Is KOTOR Better Then The Star Wars Movies?

It hard to call these two 40 hour experiences movies. Besides unlike movies most games fail to capture the protagonists emotinal, mental and spiritual struggles as they move through their respective conflicts. The Zelda games try despite the abscence of voice acting. However Kotor should have done a lot better, especially with the predictable revelation scene. Kotor2 tried but fell short in certain areas, however I think Kreia was a very convincing and her presence in kotor 2 made up for the lack of real feeling in kotor.

"Aint that the truth, but for the sake of debate...

I think Bioware actually crafted KOTOR on the same template as ANH. I mean think about it

{snip}

And so on, basically its the same template and therefore i think K1 and ANH are more or less on equal terms."

Eh... K1 is pretty much the OT compressed into a single game with some old stuff thrown out and new stuff brought in.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

KotOR definitely did the whole Jedi love thing better than Episode II. Ofcourse they aren't interchangable or else the whole Vader thing wouldn't work...

The Love thing in kotor was cheesier than AOTC. Anyways I'm not a big fun of romance in video games but please. On a side note, the romance with Bastila was the only suprise for me in kotor.

I think the games are more interesting because of the time period involved.

I REALLY like the Old Republic more then the time period used for the original 3 Star Wars Movies.

In the prequals there was some sights and hints of the old republic and that made the prequals interesting as well.

On the flip side though, as others have said, K1 really was just ANH in a different time frame so storywise they about even.

K2 however really got more involved in the jedi stuff and Old Republic stuff more so then any of the movies (1-6) so K2 was more interesting for me.

All in all, Id love to see some movies made useing the Old Republic time era, its just way more interesting then the time eras used in the SW movies currently IMO.

Still cant wait for K3 though :thumbsup: K2 was awsome and I want the story to continue so badly :p