Console

Which console should Kotor3 come out on?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which console should Kotor3 come out on?

• Current generation Xbox.
    • Xbox 360.
    • PS3.
    • Both PS3 and Xbox 360.

I was too focused on being difficult.

That is what makes you all the stronger, my friend.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

>_<

Or even:

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

--George Bernard Shaw

:blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Given that in the end the graphical difference between the PS3 and 360 will be barely noticeable, I believe the franchise will stick with the Xbox/X360.

Much as I hate to regurgitate hype and gossip (as I haven't seen any of the next-gen consoles), I believe that the PS3 graphics are quite far advanced of the Xbox 360 (based on reviews of E

Given that in the end the graphical difference between the PS3 and 360 will be barely noticeable, I believe the franchise will stick with the Xbox/X360.

Much as I hate to regurgitate hype and gossip (as I haven't seen any of the next-gen consoles), I believe that the PS3 graphics are quite far advanced of the Xbox 360 (based on reviews of E

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That is what makes you all the stronger, my friend.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

:thumbsup:

Without doubt. :)

True, the Sony Betamax was much superior to the VHS.

This is for the most part an urban legend. While in many respects the Betamax format can argue a mild quantitative statistical advantage over VHS, the practical effect of that statistical edge on final home NTSC TV viewing was ultimately trivial, while the significance of the greater recording length of the VHS format over Beta proved immediately fundamental to the value of the format. Meanwhile, tape dimensions proved a non-factor. The reasons for the acceptance of the one over the other are in many respects political, but the idea that politics thwarted the inherently superior format which deserved otherwise to succeed doesn't really hold water.

Well, not everyone uses the inferior NTSC standard.

PAL, for example, has higher resolution and faster frame rate; just because the difference was negligible to the lowest common denominator doesn't mean it was non-existent. You may also think that analogue vinyl records have no better sound quality than a digital CDs, or vacuum tubes are obsolete in amplifiers but many audiophiles would argue the contrary.

Higher resolution? 576 line displays instead of 525 line displays using identical picture tube technology...it really doesn't change the situation, as far as Beta vs VHS quality concerns go. And the transmission standard's framerate is a separate matter entirely from the question of whether the quality of the picture tubes which displayed Beta and VHS recordings were sufficient to effectively differentiate them.

It's a myth because no one used a home display which substantially differentiated Beta and VHS during that era. It's not a matter of the majority being relegated to crap. It's a matter of absolutely no one having a display which could meaningfully differentiate VHS from its rival in the mid '70s. Even some of the earliest and screwiest attempts at higher resolution TV displays (e.g., analog displays which deinterlaced and reprocessed a signal at twice the line count) were a long, long way into the future.

Technology cannot depend on statistical advantages which fail to manifest themselves as functional advantages, and VHS vs. Beta is a case in point. VHS took hold of a critical functional advantage from the start by supplying two and three hour recording media where its competitor could only supply one hour recording media, and that manifested itself as an immediately functional advantage for the market as a whole. In a free market economy, advantages have to be useful and apparent to the market, and not just to gurus and geeks with a spec sheet in hand.

Sony will blow it but people will still say it's better. Only to keep from showing the shame. The 360 on the other hand is so awesome that not even the monks from the halo 2 theme song can "ahhh" at it in glory. And the joke they call the nintendo revolution... They wont even show anyone the controller! So all i all im buyin' me a 360.

I thought that "wanker" referred to a person who engages in autoeroticsim.

It does. It is also the british equivalent of calling someone a jerk, which I'd guess is also derived from the phrase "jerking off", making the comparison all the more appropriate.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I thought that "wanker" referred to a person who engages in autoeroticsim.

You are obviously very widely read; I wonder if that comes from your classical scholarship ... (the etymology of the word is not readily available to me -- alas even Fowler has no insight) ... another useful synonym is "tosser".

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If you've never seen the movie "Meet the Parents," the main character is named Gaylord Fawker.

Yes, but Ben Stiller had to convince the producers that it was a real name (otherwise they were afraid of legal action due to the obvious similarity with the other word and the blatant attempt to circumvent good taste and the censors). They were able to find a butcher with last name Focker (I think he may have resided in Canadia), so the film went ahead.

As for Gaylord, that is a strange one, although there was a Galen at my school, poor guy. :blink:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If you've never seen the movie "Meet the Parents," the main character is named Gaylord Fawker.

Yes, but Ben Stiller had to convince the producers that it was a real name (otherwise they were afraid of legal action due to the obvious similarity with the other word and the blatant attempt to circumvent good taste and the censors). They were able to find a butcher with last name Focker (I think he may have resided in Canadia), so the film went ahead.

As for Gaylord, that is a strange one, although there was a Galen at my school, poor guy. :o

Was his last name Bayle? :D

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Considering that BIO has 2 games planned for x-box 360 it has confirmed that whenever I do buy a next generation system it will be the 360. :o

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As for Gaylord, that is a strange one, although there was a Galen at my school, poor guy. :ermm:

Gaylord Lindal, CEO of Viceroy Homes, is a fairly prominent Canadian businessman, and Wikipedia indicates there are at least three municipalities in the United States named Gaylord, as well as a Roman Catholic Diocese of Gaylord in Michigan.

Gaylord Lindal, CEO of Viceroy Homes, is a fairly prominent Canadian businessman, and Wikipedia indicates there are at least three municipalities in the United States named Gaylord, as well as a Roman Catholic Diocese of Gaylord in Michigan.

... I still would prefer not to be called Gaylord for the entire duration of school and puberty.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT