Clear lightsaber color crystal!

should an invisible lightsaber color crystal be implemented into the game?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. should an invisible lightsaber color crystal be implemented into the game?

• Yeah! I can't wait to use it!!!
    • Hmm... I'm gonna have to think on this one.
    • HELL NO! Somebody ban this numbnut!
    • I wanna choke the living crap out of you...

What a sick guy you are.

Think of it this way. By eliminating them at that moment, Obi-Wan could have diverted war. The droids would be leaderless. Thus, you save all those lives. How is that sick?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

What a sick guy you are.

Think of it this way. By eliminating them at that moment, Obi-Wan could have diverted war. The droids would be leaderless. Thus, you save all those lives. How is that sick?

Well killing with cold blood is always sick to me. But yes war could be avoided.

Although there's no way Obi-Wan could kill Dooku. Dooku wiped floor with him later when he was alone, and he will do it again in ROTS.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

A 'saber without a color crystal *might* work, but without knowing exactly what the color crystal does (aside from giving the blade a color) I wouldn't know for sure. But I think the blade would still be bright and white, there just wouldn't be a color crystal to give it a different color.

A 'saber withoutu a crystal would absolutely not work. The colourcrystal is the focusing crystal, and without it, no beam. But, then again, you can allways throw the hilt in someone's head -silent, and no beacon-like blade :devil:

Sanity is for the weak!

A 'saber without a color crystal *might* work, but without knowing exactly what the color crystal does (aside from giving the blade a color) I wouldn't know for sure. But I think the blade would still be bright and white, there just wouldn't be a color crystal to give it a different color.

A 'saber withoutu a crystal would absolutely not work. The colourcrystal is the focusing crystal, and without it, no beam. But, then again, you can allways throw the hilt in someone's head -silent, and no beacon-like blade :)

What about a saber with a crystal-clear crystal? Like glass colored.

By definition, the lightsaber is still going to show up a "color" even if using a clear crystal. All the crystal's going to do is cause the plasma to carry the color of the focusing crystal. If there is no color, i.e. clear, the resultant plasma will be all colors, i.e. white.

Nothing you do is going to change the fact that the lightsaber is going to emit in the electromagnetic spectrum. The only thing you can do is shift it above or below the visible spectrum to make the blade appear to not be there.

There's also a physics problem with the lightsaber definition. It's described as a blade that is infinitely renewable unless touching something (which is when the plasma actually immolates the item) and then the lightsaber's power is reduced. However, the mere fact that the lightsaber is giving off energy in the form of the electromagnetic spectrum means that it's bleeding off energy.

Okay, so I am a true nerd...

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a LIGHT-saber, made of LIGHT, and is it not so that LIGHT is the reason why things are visible in the first place? So to make it truly invisible, one would have to bend light around light, or make it so it is within another spectrum?

You wouldn't have to change the spectrum, i.e. the electromagnetic spectrum. You would have to shift the light to the non-visible portions of the spectrum, i.e. infra-red or lower or ultra-violet or higher.

I can see it now... The Gamma Ray Lightsaber! Gives new meaning to the term deathstick. :devil:

You wouldn't have to change the spectrum, i.e. the electromagnetic spectrum. You would have to shift the light to the non-visible portions of the spectrum, i.e. infra-red or lower or ultra-violet or higher.

I can see it now... The Gamma Ray Lightsaber! Gives new meaning to the term deathstick. ;)

LoL, clever clogs, thats what I meant :p

But either way, its a stupid idea anyway, and I have a sneaking suspicion that mr Eddo36 is simply goading us to reply, and is in no way serious (At least I hope not :wub: )

I mean see:

Light-saber gun :huh:

Female PC's having their periods :o

An 'L' shaped lightsaber <_<

Need I go on :devil:

Well what's better than a stealth lightsaber? You know how bright the blue, green, yellow, red, violet, etc colors glow so bright? A Jedi on a stealth mission at night in some dark place would be out of luck the moment he turns on his beacon-like lightsaber. Now with a [/i]clear[/i] lightsaber crystal, he can make kills with his lightsaber and still remain stealthy and undetected. Even better, when you're in a duel with another Jedi, they can't really see your lightsaber blade, so you can fool him by pretending an upper strike with your arms by twisting your wrist downwards during the strike and you cut his belly. Just needs a clear lightsaber color crystal.

You're forgetting the loud noise a lightsaber emits when ignited and after every movement. Not very stealthy.. Then again, I've never heard of a ninja-jedi :thumbsup:

You're forgetting the loud noise a lightsaber emits when ignited and after every movement. Not very stealthy.. Then again, I've never heard of a ninja-jedi :thumbsup:

That sound is made by tachyons intersecting the lightsabre "beam." The tachyons are knocked to sub-light speeds, pick up a little mass, and thus make that distincitive sound. A gamma-ray lightsabre, for obvious reasons, would emit ultrasonic sound, and so it'd be effectively silent, too.

C'mon people, this is just common sense.

Hmm... how about a near-ultraviolet lightsabre? Blind your opponents! You wear sunglasses.

Ooo, ooo, no, I've got it! Wear clothes, plus a billowing cloak, the same bright color as your lightsabre! When it's between you and your opponent it'll usually be effectively invisible! Yeah, that's what I'm doin'!

Well what about a BLACK lightsaber crystal? Black light bulbs creates an area of darkness, or "black light" (we use that in Halloween decorations). Black blade would not only be truly be invisible in the night, it will create an area of darkness as well (if you're not fighting a Jedi with a bright lightsaber, that is). It's probably as equally as effective as the clear blade when fighting in low light, or to remain stealthy in the darkness.

Now that is a truly genuine idea.

Well what about a BLACK lightsaber crystal? Black light bulbs creates an area of darkness, or "black light" (we use that in Halloween decorations). Black blade would not only be truly be invisible in the night, it will create an area of darkness as well (if you're not fighting a Jedi with a bright lightsaber, that is). It's probably as equally as effective as the clear blade when fighting in low light, or to remain stealthy in the darkness.

Now that is a truly genuine idea.

No, a blacklight is an Ultraviolet light. As I've already pointed out at least twice in this thread. It is only "black" because the spectrum of light that is produced is beyond which human eyes can see.

The disadvantage with an ultraviolet lightsabre is that it may not be invisible to non-humans. The other unfortunate side effect is if you approach materials that are fluorescent. This material "downshifts" the ultraviolet light into a visible spectrum. When fluorescent materials are used at night in the presence of a blacklight (ultraviolet light) the material appears to glow. However, it is simply reflecting a downshifted spectrum.

You would still have the humming effect of the sabre, so it won't be stealthy. Hey, if you need stealth use a vibroblade!

Now, if you want to propose a "dark energy" blade produced by "dark matter" (of which we know almost nothing about) there could plausibly be "dark plasma" which would effectively "suck" energy as opposed to giving out energy, a la standard plasma.

• 2 weeks later...