Obsidian has Icewind Dale License?

btw, are you guys sure the Jefferson engine was called "mystary engine"? I mean, it's spelled "Mystery".

It is most definitely spelled mystary, at least in this case. ;)

Yup, JE misspelled it on purpose.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You guys do realise NWN2 has player-controlled companions, right? Why on earth would they want to use an old engine rather than one they have completely overhauled and are intimately familiar with (assuming those were the only choices, anyway)?

You guys do realise NWN2 has player-controlled companions, right?  Why on earth would they want to use an old engine rather than one they have completely overhauled and are intimately familiar with (assuming those were the only choices, anyway)?

Well a lot of the guys at Obsidian wrote the Mystary engine, so I'd think they'd be even more intimately familiar with that one.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Icewind Dale by definition is set in a place with lots of snow and I just can't stand another setting like for a DnD RPG.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

"Well a lot of the guys at Obsidian wrote the Mystary engine, so I'd think they'd be even more intimately familiar with that one."

Doubtful. You, like others, seem to overestimate the number of Obsidianites who worked at BIS, or more specifically worked on BG3 and FO3.

Everyone working on NWN2 is familiar with the NWN2 engine; not everyone or even close to it is familiar with the Mystary Engine.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Well a lot of the guys at Obsidian wrote the Mystary engine, so I'd think they'd be even more intimately familiar with that one."

Doubtful. You, like others, seem to overestimate the number of Obsidianites who worked at BIS, or more specifically worked on BG3 and FO3.

Everyone working on NWN2 is familiar with the NWN2 engine; not everyone or even close to it is familiar with the Mystary Engine.

I know they've hired a bunch since they first started, and some people left as well, so instead of most of them being ex-BIS, its more like only half now. My statement just wasn't very clear. I didn't mean OE in general would be more familiar with it, just the ex-BIS guys. But then again, its been what? almost 2 years now since they worked with it? So I guess you're right.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"its more like only half now."

Actually, accoridng to Obsidian it's more like 25% and it's likely dropped lower with the new hires. And, remember that's ex BIS; not neccesarily ex Mystary Engine.

Still, that said, they could still use it if it was possible as they would have to elarn it much like they had to get use to the Aurora Engine as well..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.