Weekend Programmer #2

Yay. Back at work! Here's some catch up questions to start off with.

What is a good estimate of the number of combinations any weopns in the game can be upgraded with different parts ect

Hm... hard to say. There's a lot of new upgrade components going into the game and we're adding a good number of different properties to them that weren't used in the first game. Also, lightsabers now have 6 upgrade slots in total. 3 crystals and then 3 other components of the saber itself. :)

-Akari

nice one :p

Guest Fallen Jedi

Tell us more about breaking things in parts and using them to do someyhing else.

Will I be able to take parts from a blaster and put them in a lightsabre?(I dunno why would someone do that though...)

Would that create a lightsabre that could shoot laser? (Weirdest idea ever)

Hey Akari;

do you know what lightsaber colours will be in KOTOR II? if so can you give us a list of them please  :p

thanks for your time.

I know what 10 of them are. And I actually confirmed what 2 of them are in last week's thread even though it may have seemed like I was only confirming one. :)

Given that you know what the 5 basic ones are from the last game, that leaves only 3 unknowns at this point. Maybe I'll give those out later.

-Akari

I have a question...I don't know whom is responsible for it but, will there be a lot more banter between the members in your group?

I seen you touched on about the game might be longer. I hope so. I got so involved with KOTOR story that I went through withdrawal when I finished it. :p

Thanks to all the Developers for answering questions.

I have a question...I don't know whom is responsible for it but, will there be a lot more banter between the members in your group?

I seen you touched on about the game might be longer. I hope so. I got so involved with KOTOR story that I went through withdrawal when I finished it. :p 

Thanks to all the Developers for answering questions.

they have already said there will be more ingame banter i think, unless that was akari hopeing so i dont remember

Ok, ok, here's a question:

When party members other than you are Force Sensitive and start falling to the Dark Side due to your influence, do they get all pale and veiny along with you? :p

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Will double bladed lightsabers use more crystals than the regular ones?

Will there be balanced light and darkside only items? In KOTOR the lightside headgear added +5 to wisdom whereas the darkside headgear just had some minor fire resistance. And are there more of these type of alignment specific items available?

How many sidequests are there for each NPC, is there more than one for each character this time round?

is the transit system still in the game?

if so will we be able to transit anywhere else other than the ebon hawk or hide out?

It is still in the game. While I'm not certain, I'm getting the impression that it will be available a little less this time around because of the nature of the quests and situations you find yourself in.

-Akari

When party members other than you are Force Sensitive and start falling to the Dark Side due to your influence, do they get all pale and veiny along with you? :)

I'll answer this and let Akari get back to new questions <_<

I already asked this question and the answer was a 'no'- too bad.

I forget if this is answered but: Besides for T3 (and maybe HK), will it be possible to have any party npcs from Kotor join you in K2?

Placing bets this won't get answered, since it sounds like press release material....

When party members other than you are Force Sensitive and start falling to the Dark Side due to your influence, do they get all pale and veiny along with you? :)

A pity.

Ah well, I have to admit Dark Side Bastila would have been much less appealing if she were a haggard lump of pale, veiny rotting flesh, so I can't complain too much. :o

Akari regarding the grahics engine will it use any directx 9 features? What have been the major improvments?

Our graphics programmer could speak better on this... but for graphical effects, there is now rain and snow and lightning (And thunder, but that's not graphics). I don't believe we're using any DirectX 9 features in order to avoid bumping up the system requirements of the game.

Is there a night planet? I wanted to see a night time in kotor but alas..

Hm... I haven't seen all the levels yet. There's one that had some pretty dark concept art for it, but I get the feeling that that particular planet is always dark rather than it just happening to be night time.

What is a estimate of how many more sidequest r there?

No idea.

Finalised what wil be max level yet? If any...

I think somewhere around 30 or 40. That may still be undecided at this point.

and finnaly give us a update on those hoods... :)

Cheers!

Not much I can give you about those right now. Nothing's changed since last week on that regard.

-Akari

When party members other than you are Force Sensitive and start falling to the Dark Side due to your influence, do they get all pale and veiny along with you? :o

A pity.

Ah well, I have to admit Dark Side Bastila would have been much less appealing if she were a haggard lump of pale, veiny rotting flesh, so I can't complain too much. :o

would still have been better tho :)

Akari: Quick question:

With this thread, are you just ignoring questions that you can't answer, or did you just happen to miss one or two? (just wondering, since you didn't respond to my question, and I was pretty sure you couldn't answer it).

Thanks.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. In the original KotOR I found problems using some NPC skills. Many times if the PC didn't have these skills then I couldn't do what I wanted independent if an NPC did have that skill, which made me feel that leveling up NPCs was irrelevant since the PC was the only one who could do the actions.

For example if I had an NPC with high demolitions I could disarm mines with no problems. But slicing into computers and messing around with security systems I couldn't seem to do it well unless the PC had the right skills even though several of my NPCs did have those areas really developed.

What I would like to know is if NPC skills here in KotOR 2 will get around this problem so that if I'm leveling up an NPC to use as a hacker then I don't need to put these skills into my PC and concentrate on skills that I am interested in also making those NPCs more useful to my party. I hope this wasn't too confusing. Thanks.

Shee-oot Craftsman, edit button?

Anyway Akari, I'm glad you answered my questions, and like any appreciative kiddie, I have more!  :D

1) I did a search, but did not find info.  So here I am.  When upgrading items, is it...  Cooler than in KOTOR?  I mean, I love being able to upgrade, but I think it'd be great to have like...  Five categories you can upgrade, but you can only upgrade three.  Anything like that, or is it still possible to max out each item's upgrades?

Hm... well, there will be items that you can't fill up all the slots on, but it won't be a 'pick 3 out of 5' thing, it will just be 'This item can't take upgrades in that slot' type of thing. That mostly happens when it's an upgrade slot that doesn't make sense for that item to even have.

2) Are there any more skills?  Even if there aren't, that's cool, since it seems that the skills are more useful now.  So there will actually be a point to playing Scoundrel/Sentinel?

No new skills. But we've done a lot to make each of the skills more interesting. I can't go into detail on each of the skills right now, but in one of my other posts I mentioned some new ways that Treat Injury and Repair (both of which seemed unimportant to me before) will be more useful by factoring into a character's innate regeneration as well as the item creation system.

3) What will your alignment change about the game?  You mentioned areas being different.  Does this mean that the environment is affected by your alignment, or does this just mean that certain people will like you and others will hate you?

I mean more to the effect of the actual content of areas will change significantly depending on the direction you went earlier. There won't be graphical changes most of the time.

A FINAL NOTE:

Please ask very nicely for me for it to be coded in that if you put in your name as "GC13" (without the quotes, obviously) that your character starts out as a Scout and can't take any other levels.  Or Buffy.  That works too.  Easter egg!

:o

Er, yeah... I'll get right on that during all that extra free time I have. :)

-Akari

i heard something about a black saber, is this just rumour?

*Goes to say something,stops*

I'm not even bringing that can of worms in here... ;)

Unconfirmed and something like that,if it's in,we pry won't find out about till much later.