Pre-Game Thoughts and Imaginations

I'm just curious as to what people thought KotOR II would be about from the pre-release material (or even with the game out and before playing), mainly the trailer, and the Sith Lords concept art.

My thoughts were that Atris (didn't know any names back then), was going to be either a party member, or a selectable look for you, and that the two outcomes would be either the Atris look, or the Nihilus look, since the flash animation and concept art would line up the sabers, and especially the eyes of the two pictures.

Ober time and more info I got the whole "unite the Jedi then fight the Sith" idea, and when I saw the picture of Sion, Nihilus and Visas, I assumed that they were the main three "bosses".

The main suprise I got was when the Atris/Nihilus link wasn't there (I also saw the custom pics of Atris fighting him, can't remember the thread/link)

Artwise she's also reverse of Bastila; better concept art than in-game

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I thought that Atris (like you I didn't know names) was one of the main heroes. When I saw Bao-Dur in some screen shots, I remember thinking, "Hm, he'd make a good romance..." even back then. :p

I thought that Kreia on the back of the box would be this Jolee Bindo character -- neutral, indifferent, etc. She wouldn't offer the same hilarious statements as Jolee, but have the same kind of character: old, tired, and along for the ride.

I didn't even know that Atton existed until I actually played Peragus II and said, "Han Solo" as he was talking. Even his outfit gave him away -- they're wearing pratically the same clothes!

For Nihilus, Sion, and Visas, I thought they were Malaky people. I thought that you'd kind of face Nhiulus (and that he'd actually talk instead of gargling Listerine <_< ) about twice like you did Malak in KotOR I. Visas would be his little aid; you'd kill her. Or I thought Sion could be the Malak guy who you faced a few times and then the "big boss" at the end would've been Nihlus since he seems to be the bigwig of the baddies since he's basicallly in every snigle concept art shot with Atris. I thought that maybe Atris knew him or something and they would duel...? Let me just say I was more eager to play the end game then.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

For Nihilus, Sion, and Visas, I thought they were Malaky people. I thought that you'd kind of face Nhiulus (and that he'd actually talk instead of gargling Listerine  <_< ) about twice like you did Malak in KotOR I. Visas would be his little aid; you'd kill her.

When I heard that a Jedi would be guiding you, I thought it would be Atris since the white hair made her look old (I never even considered a snowy enviroment look)

and I also thought it contradicted the last Jedi stuff too in the same paragraph!

For the Sith Lords, I imagined that each had their own Sith force and main ability (or class). The pecking order I was thinking of was:

1. Visas, a sorta easy-pushover intro boss, since she looked the least menacing

2. Sion, a real strong fighting person "Guardian" style character

3. Nihilus, the main central guy in the pic with the mean mask. Harder than Sion and with more focus on dark force powers.

(never even considered Kreia cos I didn't know about her)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Had I been the one calling the shots at Lucasarts or whatever I can't say I would have chosen the "leading" promo characters any differently I dont think...

With the dark sider people,

Kreia is the ultimate "baddie" in the end

, but it would be a bit of a spoiler to put her up there as the promo enemy, so its really between Nihilus and Sion and out of those two, even though they are both cool, Nihilus probably wins in the scaryness factor :wub:

On the flipside there isn't really any other good light side key figures besides the LS exile, and there are obvious reasons not to use him/her. All of the Jedi Council members probably would have held as much weight (maybe?) as Atris... but given that she was technically the one that started the LS exile on the path to gatherin the council again, Atris was probably the best choice... and also because she looks the part more than anyone else I can think of... the whole white hair thing and the with the cool light side glow and white robes, its a perfect look :wub:

I agree with the misconceptions though, I actually thought Atris would be the main character (having never played KOTOR1 before and knowing how it worked) and I was looking forward to it... in the promo stuff she looked ready to dish it out :wub:

- Dan

There was this animation with Atris and Nihilus ... a lightsaber moved to the right and there was Atris ... the saber moved to the left and nihilus appeared ....

i thought Atris would be a partymember and Nihilus would be her DS outfit if you play the game DS ..... something like that. :thumbsup:

i thought Atris would be a partymember and Nihilus would be her DS outfit if you play the game DS ..... something like that.  ;)

heh, did you get that idea from that fading flash animation too....

sigpic0yb.jpg

I first didn't expect any manipulation from Kreia since I renember seing something like this in the internet: "Kreia was always like (...) and I first thought she was a sith spy" so I though ok when "first" he/she thought that then it musn't be anything near it.

I renember seeing Nihilus the first time and thought that he was some other race (the shape of his hood is just like there would be a Twilek's head inside it).

I knew you're gonna fight Atris but I thought that she'd be the last character to fight in a DS game.

Then again I've gotten into a few spoilers and heard of Traya and Sion. So I thought that you're gonna fight them both in the end together.

Next when I saw prestige classes I thought that you either side with the Jedi or the Sith and get either Atris or some darksider (who later I thought was Hanharr).

I thought you'd get Mira on Dxun.

Mandalore in Iziz.

G0T0 I thought was a temp character like 3CFD and a protocol droid.

Bao at Nar-Shaddaa.

When I saw a shot of Nihilus and the player fight I didn't notice he was like 2.30 meters and later a shot of Nihil at the docks on Telos (or was it just my imagination) so I said "he'll/she be a Sith Assasin type".