KOTOR II in the top 100 games of all time

I vote for the original Arcade pac-man.

*wacka wacka wacka wacka...*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Who are you to decree what constitutes a real gamer? Its all about numbers. More people own/play console games than PC games. The core market of consoles is teens and kids amongst whom rpgs are not the most popular genre.

If the list was compiled by random members of the public then so be it (reflects the core market), if it was compiled by reviewers then it has more weight to it cos these people criticise games for a living. If it is biased by ign then so what, its just their opinion.

--------------------------

I would say a real gamer actually recognises ground breaking work, can play for days non-stop and doesn't believe or go along with the surrounding hype of new substandard games before forming his/her own opinion. I never said all the games should be rpg only and (as the post above says) most gamers are 20+. As for the "so what attitude" that is why the gaming industry has become what it has become, unfinished on released, overpriced betas. ;)

MY PHOTORECEPTORS!

To get an idea of how the list was compiled you only really need to look at their entry for the number 1 spot.

Resident Evil 4???? Played it, finished it within three days, disappointed. Yes the game looks gorgeous and there were moments of true genius in it but on the whole I found it to be unfulfilling.

To me it seems that the list was compiled to promote Resi 4, a newlyish released title with the rest being cobbled together from a mix of popular and overated ones.

With the exception of Chrono Trigger.

Agreed with the points on Tie Fighter though. Loved that game. Still play it to this day.

To get an idea of how the list was compiled you only really need to look at their entry for the number 1 spot.

Resident Evil 4???? Played it, finished it within three days, disappointed. Yes the game looks gorgeous and there were moments of true genius in it but on the whole I found it to be unfulfilling.

To me it seems that the list was compiled to promote Resi 4, a newlyish released title with the rest being cobbled together from a mix of popular and overated ones.

With the exception of Chrono Trigger.

Agreed with the points on Tie Fighter though. Loved that game. Still play it to this day.

Darque's gonna hurt you for that.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm far from being a dedicated gamer, but I would've hoped to have heard of more than five out of the top ten. And a lot of them seem to be rather recent. I notice from the rule list that only games which have received 100 reader ratings are eligible, so I guess that rules out old games that aren't on the IGN website.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

1) Why doom3 is so far below half life 2 given that they IMHO two very great gaming experiences for different reasons and were released at the same time?  I'd like to think that because most of the people who voted have not played doom3 on a good PC though surprising since half-life 2 required one it is puzzling.

half-life 2 is just head and shoulders above doom 3,

doom ran out of new ideas by the 4th level, theres only so many times you can pick up something and have an imp spawn behind you and it will seem exciting, also the game was soo bloody dark it just wasn't scary, try annoying

half-life 2 had superior graphics, an actual physics system, superior level design, superior AI, better weapons, a far better storyline and better way of storytelling and had tonnes of new ideas in every level

its a bit of a no brainer really

Yup...just what I thought another crap IGN pole <_<  :-

I mean K1 on 28 and no PS:T...that's just unfair :( ...and most of those games were console-exclusives :lol:

Tie fighter isn't even on the ****ing list...

So bogus..

Resident evil? whaaa..

Tie fighter still has great graphics and is one of the best immersive games...

Though PC gamer had a good top 100 but they had Half-Life for number 1...

I don't think Half life is the number 1 game of all time, the story was weak and the mutiplayer was awful..

Without CS Half life would be nothing more than a forgotten game

Well, it is a list of Best Games of ALL TIME.  I wonder if Space Invaders and Pong are in that list.

Pong had those awesome graphics,and they say DOOM 3 has good graphics. :-

the thought of being allowed to smack the hell out of a small bouncy creature is the closest thing(for now)to getting the satisfaction of beating up Jar-Jar Binks,and that alone should give pong the 1#

KOTOR 2 is one of the top 100 buggiest games of all time!

Yep i agree :)

Tie fighter still has great graphics and is one of the best immersive games..

TIE FIGHTER still has great graphics ??? :huh:

Are you joking right??

For that time YES

but for today standards NO

Strange, I didn't see the orginal Half-Life on there or Command and Conquer. Those two games alone could beat most of the games there. Bad list in my opinion.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

No. Not even close. Stick to the FOs and BGs for that. And, oh, JE, FF8, FF6,and NWN as well. Then there's the avrious sports games. But, no, no PST.

hAHA.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

1) Why doom3 is so far below half life 2 given that they IMHO two very great gaming experiences for different reasons and were released at the same time?  I'd like to think that because most of the people who voted have not played doom3 on a good PC though surprising since half-life 2 required one it is puzzling.

half-life 2 is just head and shoulders above doom 3,

doom ran out of new ideas by the 4th level, theres only so many times you can pick up something and have an imp spawn behind you and it will seem exciting, also the game was soo bloody dark it just wasn't scary, try annoying

half-life 2 had superior graphics, an actual physics system, superior level design, superior AI, better weapons, a far better storyline and better way of storytelling and had tonnes of new ideas in every level

its a bit of a no brainer really

I liked doom3 and half life 2 cept the ending. As for graphics they both had different things that made them good (see vampire masquared for same halflife 2 engine). As for my brain, space invaders in the 80s rotted that away.

MY PHOTORECEPTORS!