Was Revan the ultimate Sith Lord?

I disagree. Revan isn't a good character.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Indeed why?

Also, I'd like too what other game characters you think as great ones. For comparison.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Perhaps we should have the "Sith lord awards" with _______ killed the most people during his reign while _______ killed the most planets and ______ controled the most planets while _______ ruled the longest and finially _______ is the ulimate.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

some consider him that seeing what is placed before him

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest MacleodCorp
Was Revan the ultimate Sith Lord?

Nope! Vader from Episode IV, V, and VI, for he controlled the ultimate weapon, which puts the Star Forge to shame: The Deathstar. Not to mention he hired bounty hunters, faught Xizor, hired the hutts, and took steps darker than Revan to seek power. Despite Episode I, II, and III, Vader's story is a very dark and powerful one. Vader had people killed off before they became too much of a threat. At one point, Vader was ready to kill his own child. Revan never had to face this.

Vader did kill Sidious, but under the name 'The Emporer'. Same villan different name. Sidious was a genius, for he hired his greatest threat, for he knew he could not beat Anakin. Sidious took advantage of a weak Anakin, and turned him, so he would not have to face him. Vader fights his enemies head on.

Nihilus's story would have been a great one, but the writters made him too weak.

First of all I'm going to have to ask you to learn how to spell the proper nouns.

Then I'm going to say that beating Xizor is not a big thing, for (Fanboy needed here.)h (Lower case 'h'.)e's a crime lord. (Period here, for you need to start a new sentence.) T (Capital here, so you can indicate a new sentence.) he only reason he survived for so long, (Comma here, for you are discribing a noun in the independant sentence. Supportive sentence.) with the black sun, (Comma to close discription) was because he didn't make any blatent moves against Vader. (Period here, for you need to end a sentence.) As soon as he did, (Comma here, for you combined a dependant with an independant sentence.) Vader wiped him out. Hiring bounty hunters is no great feat. All you need is some cash. Hutts don't really work for anybody so if you can prove that Vader hired a hutt I'm going to be very very scared.

I'm not in Revan's camp either, (When you use fanboys you need a comma) for the knowlege of the masses. I'm a Ulic Qel-Droma fan. This is a guy who conquered the Mandalorians, was willing to kill sombody who would have been his wife, brought the Republic to its knees while Exar was working on the Jedi Order, and killed his brother. (Massive run-on sentence. Sugesstion would be to use a collen.) While Exar Kun had more power , not much in my estimation, (Use commas not parenthesis.) (Lower case 'h', for you did not make a new sentence.) he seemed more like Maul and Sidious. (Period needed here. ) Qel-Droma was (You used the words 'was what' to indicate a human being.) what made the War into a winning one.

First of all, I am going to ask you to learn about grammer. Then, I am going to say that not enough information has been given about Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun. At the moment, we can draw up a psychological profile on Palpatine, Vader, and Revan. Currently, stories about Qel-Droma and Exar Kun cannot give us a clear behavioral background. I can agree we have a beginning, but not all the facts are on the table. Therefore, until we have more information, I can only base my theory on the facts that exist.

I didn't correct all your grammer mistakes, but I think the major ones are covered. I may have messed up on my nouns, but you made grammer mistakes. Since you have flaws, please hold back on your comments. Thank You!

I am a Revan Fanboy but I will admit That Revan is NOT THE ULIMATE SITH LORD.

**** Exar Kun and Qel-Doma were actually evil and better Sith lords than Revan will never be.

Revan will always be evil as the player lets him be.

Sidious is the darkest of the Sith Lords. Also Darth Vader was much darker than Revan will ever be.

Then again, could you not also say the same about Bastila since she and her Battle Meditation showed up at just the right time? And without her, the Republic would have lost the war and Revan would have died after his betrayal. I don't think you could really call him THE' chosen one' as there were other important characters as well.

And even if Revan was LS, I'm still not even sure you could call him the ultimate Jedi, either. Yoda, I think, could have beat him. And Mace was probably just a little better with a lightsaber. Revan was definitely one of the most powerful force users of all time, just not the ultimate, I think.

Comparing the KotOR times to the OT is just ignorant.

For one, the Jedi teachings were much different and most likely developed (or completely screwed up) over 4,000 years.

And then the fact that Revan knew he had to fall to the darkside to actually save the Galaxy. (If you believe what Kreia says.) So, ask yourself; The Ultimate Sith Lord, or the Ultimate Jedi? Though he was portrayed as a Sith, his cause was for the better of the galaxy.

Revan wasn't trying to destroy the Jedi, he was turning them and teaching them the teachings he thought were deemed necessary to fight this war against the True Sith.

And of course, Sidious did accomplish what all Sith were thriving to do. End the Jedi. And he did, one way or another. You can debate all you want saying it was stupid how he did but in the end he was sitting on his throne relaxing while all the Jedi except two were lying in their graves.

The whole concept of Revan falling to the DS because he had to was BS, IMO. The only reason Obsidian did that was to make him seem like a hero no matter what he did. Revan, I think, felt he needed to use the DS to accomplish his goal, but then became corrupted by it and his lust for power and eventually forgot about saving the Republic.

If he wanted to save the Republic, he wouldn't have waged war against it. Civil war always weakens a nation. And Revan definitely did try to destroy the Jedi. The Jedi is a belief, too, and if you convert all Jedi into Sith than you might as well be killing them off. Revan knew that the best way to defeat an enemy is to convert them, and that is what he did. But to say he had purely noble intentions at the time of his betrayal is absurd. And don't forget, replacing the Republic with his own empire is destroying it. Sidious did the same thing in the movies. :thumbsup:

while all the Jedi except two were lying in their graves.

I thought there were more than two, and Palpatine knew it. IIRC, he left some Jedi around but he kept them under a VERY short leash

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest MacleodCorp

When you try to make sence of Revan's story, there is a little conffusion in his/her facts.

1. Revan faught in a war, which ended up putting him/her against Malak. Other words, he/she had to fight his/her apprentice.

2. After the war, Revan went to Korriban to either gather the Sith, or to dissband the rest of the students. Depending upon your alignment.

3. At some point, Revan took off to the outer rim.

Query: In order to answer the question, "Was Revan the ultimate Sith Lord?", you would have to put togetther the player character version, which is you the gammer's choices, and the Revan from the story. In one version, Revan became a Jedi, and in the other Revan became a Sith Lord. So, the question, "Was Revan the ultimate Sith Lord?" cannot be answered, for you will have to consider the gammer's personality traits.

The question should be: "Was your Revan the altimate Sith Lord', and it would change the question entirely. There would also need to be a deffinitive story.

I understood it that Revan ended up on the Dark Side by II no matter what happened...

DAWUSS

HK-47 says it best:

"Clarification: Suffice to say had his ups and down, and in my opinion travelled from a high point in his life to a low point, and then back again to a his true potentional"

"He developed qualities such as mercy, compassion and even love for others, it was really rather revolting"

LOL

that's why Sidious was better!

And i think it's funny how people say, Revan had to change the Jedi Order, betray them by changing their rules...become a "fake" sith, so he could build a stronger army to face the "true" Sith.

In my opinion, he became more like the True Sith than he realises and than you people realise. After All, the True Sith Empire would be derived after those who first left the Jedi and enslaved the Sith species on Korriban, becoming their Sith "Lords".

Ajunta Pall, Naga Sadow, and etc. and the Sith that followed them, Marka Ragnos and whoever else.....

but all they were was Jedi who practiced the Darkside of the force and left the Jedi Order, and killed Jedi that got in their way. Similar to what Revan has done.

He is no great Sith Lord, or a great hero, he is confused as to what he is and what he stands for, as are his fans...

Sidious always knew his place and what he was, he hid it from others...