Help rpg newbie

I'm new to rpg games and I have a bit of a problem with character development. I finished the game first time using auto level up. But playing that way doesn't give the fullest experience because I think using auto level makes exile just an average dude. Well I did okay but I got an impression that there could be more.

I've read a few character development guides but they all focus on creating a character. But what do I do after that? If I develop for example a strength based ls jedi sentinel how do I continue sharing those attribute points? And what about the skills? Do I concentrate on couple of skills? Which are best skills for pc to have? Do I have to change development a lot if I play ds?

Lot of questions but I really appreciate if you can help me. Thanks already.

The best skills are depending on the way you want to play the game.

K2 isn't a very difficult so you should experiment with different skills.

Attribute points should fit to the class you play. If you fight a lot with your saber you should have enough strength and constitution. You have to focus on the attributes that are important to you.

If your char has low computer skills take a partymember with high comp skills with you ...

I'd add one qualifier to the above: apparently, when using a workbench to breakdown items, the Repair skill of the primary character (the "Exile") is used to calculate how many components you receive from the breakdown. So it might be wise to invest skill points in repair, and wear + repair items on the exile when using the workbench to break down items. Also, you can upgrade T3-M4's stats if you have good computer and repair skills, so that might be a good investment if you use T3 and have good influence with the droid.

I'm only on the second planet, so clearly demarcated spoilers please in replies. Thanks.

I'd add one qualifier to the above: apparently, when using a workbench to breakdown items, the Repair skill of the primary character (the "Exile") is used to calculate how many components you receive from the breakdown. So it might be wise to invest skill points in repair, and wear + repair items on the exile when using the workbench to break down items.  Also, you can upgrade T3-M4's stats if you have good computer and repair skills, so that might be a good investment if you use T3 and have good influence with the droid.

I'm only on the second planet, so clearly demarcated spoilers please in replies. Thanks.

Actually you can circumvent the Exile repair limitation:

use another character with higher scores in whatever skill you require, whether it is repair to breakdown items, or any others to create new items.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Metadigital, are you positive? In my experience, no matter which NPC you use to actually operate the workbench, it uses the Exile's repair skill when it comes to the repair skill check for breaking down items (i.e. you get more components if the exile has a higher repair skill, and it doesnt use the repair skill of say Bao-dur if he's the one using the workbench).

Metadigital, are you positive? In my experience, no matter which NPC you use to actually operate the workbench, it uses the Exile's repair skill when it comes to the repair skill check for breaking down items (i.e. you get more components if the exile has a higher repair skill, and it doesnt use the repair skill of say Bao-dur if he's the one using the workbench).

Yep, I swapped between them all the time. (May not work in the Ebon Hawk, as the interface defaults only to the Exile there, but even so, just use T3 outside.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Always have T3 ...he has amazing skills...he's great with blasters...great defence...if you have enough INF you can actually heal him thru dialog :)

Exept for T3 I'd sugest Kreia if you're a guardian and Disciple\Handmaiden if you're sentinel or consular :blink:

"Actually you can circumvent the Exile repair limitation:

use another character with higher scores in whatever skill you require, whether it is repair to breakdown items, or any others to create new items."

Unless this was changed by the patch, no. Exile's repair skill determines the component cost/gain from crafting/breaking down items. What can and can't be crafted, however, depends on who's using the workbench.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Exile's repair skill determines the component cost/gain from crafting/breaking down items.

I agree as far as component yield from breaking down items is concerned, but I don't see any difference in cost for creating items. Could you give a specific example that highlights the difference?

Interestingly enough, it seems that the game uses the Treat Injury skill rank of whoever operates the lab bench to determine the yield when items are broken down into chemicals.

For another view on the skill angle, my last Guardian/Marauder fared pretty well with 8/8/8 INT/WIS/CHA, 16 Repair, 4 Computer and one point each in Awareness, Demolition, Persuade, Security and Treat Injury (not all skill points were used at the end). Master Valour and suitable equipment enabled her to beat all of the important skill checks, like repairing T3, repairing the airspeeder, getting Kreia's story via the [intelligence] angle, 'unlocking' Mira via [Awareness], and so on. She was also able to pick normal locks when alone (with tunnelers early on and with good items later) and to disable/recover minor and average mines. For almost everything else you can use your sidekicks anyway.

"I agree as far as component yield from breaking down items is concerned, but I don't see any difference in cost for creating items. Could you give a specific example that highlights the difference?"

Hm, now that I think about it, I'm not actually sure it makes a difference. I know that at repair 20 component cost/gain for creating/breaking down an item is the same. Must've just felt logical that it'd have an effect on both.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!